Cadillac Owners Forum banner

275/35/R18 on all 4 corners

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  trukk 
#1 ·
So I keep seeing that 275's wont fit on the front of my 2004. Is that because the fenders rub or that the tires won't get to full lock before the tires rub?

My daily driver tires are stock size, but I run tack days with track only tires.

If I am running a 1" lowered vehicle on track tires I can run a 35series tire to shorten the side wall and should not have fender clearance issues - right? has anyone confirmed that this works?

Additionally, these are track only, so I will live with no "lock to lock" steering capability.

Please let me know if there is another issue that I should be looking at

#2 ·
I only have experience running 275/35/18s on all four corners on the track at stock ride height. They worked. Haven't made it there since I put coilovers on though.

#3 ·
There are a number of us running the 18x9" Team Dynamics wheels, and I think just about everyone uses 275/35s on those. I've run a couple of different sets - Hankook Z214s and Grand Am Continental take-offs - without issue. As you said, the reduced diameter seems to do the trick. I'm lowered ~1" or so on KW coilovers, maybe a bit more in the rear.

Here's a couple on the GAC scrubs:

#8 ·
Been running 275/35s on all four corners for years w/ eibachs (lowered in the front about 1.5"), with no rubbing issues on stock rims. It mostly depends on the tire. Falken Azinis rt-615's (or 615k's) fit fine.

On the track I wouldn't run 275's without wider rims, as you would have worse performance. I run 245 hoosiers on stock rims at the track.

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.