Air Vent hole in the rear?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Air Vent hole in the rear? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Is there such a thing? I was under the car today and had a little leakage on the exhaust pipe ...
    willsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Air Vent hole in the rear?

Is there such a thing? I was under the car today and had a little leakage on the exhaust pipe on the drivers side. New Rear installed Friday, 550 miles on it. Slight whine under acceleration from 60-80. Could the dealer of over filled it and and some came out from this air vent. I never heard of air vents in the rearend, my rear end has a vent, that's how I fart!
    Seriously, Can't dirt get in there?
    Stealth, Ctsv05, Wild, One of you guys know !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Air Vent hole in the rear?

Most rearends have some kind of vent. It's very possible they over filled. Don't think it will hurt anything. Only problem you could run end to is if the rearend was submerged for a length of time under water. Had that happen before on another vehicle.

Shane

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Change the fluid, then you'll also know its is good. Besides you'll get all of the break-in crap out of there. I'm putting redline in the rear and the tranny when it comes in. My rear end was replaced on Friday also.

V-Max Guest

I see a little overflow on the diff. casing after a track event. Most because of either the expansion of the fluid or lateral g's. But never from cruizing on the street.

Norm

willsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Could be from the track, Pulled 1.2 on the G meter at Limerock this weekend. Maybe that's it
    Dave's V, I think the Lucas might be a little thicker. I had Redline in the last rear and it made no difference! The whine was still there and got louder the hotter it got. New rear at 3K.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

willsctsv -

Curiousity only - stock exhaust, or?

Reason I ask is on the last diff, after they swapped fluid, it started spewing out on the B&B exhaust. I thought initially the exhaust could be superheating the diff (even though Billy showed us that the exhaust was running cooler than stock in that area) but later learned the dealer confessed to "...possibly overfilling it...".

Just curious if you thought your exhaust could be contributing (B&B is not causing this on my current diff)...

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I had a damp spot on my garage floor where the rear parks above it. When I took it to the dealer, they said that it was just the over flow - it had expanded during driving due to heating, therefore causing over flow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.