Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Air Vent hole in the rear?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ahahnu 
#1 ·
Is there such a thing? :hmm: I was under the car today and had a little leakage on the exhaust pipe on the drivers side. :rant2: New Rear installed Friday, 550 miles on it. Slight whine under acceleration from 60-80.:confused: Could the dealer of over filled it and and some came out from this air vent. I never heard of air vents in the rearend, my rear end has a vent, that's how I fart! :histeric:
Seriously, Can't dirt get in there?
Stealth, Ctsv05, Wild, One of you guys know !

#5 ·
Could be from the track, Pulled 1.2 on the G meter at Limerock this weekend. Maybe that's it
Dave's V, I think the Lucas might be a little thicker. I had Redline in the last rear and it made no difference! The whine was still there and got louder the hotter it got. New rear at 3K.

#6 ·
willsctsv -

Curiousity only - stock exhaust, or?

Reason I ask is on the last diff, after they swapped fluid, it started spewing out on the B&B exhaust. I thought initially the exhaust could be superheating the diff (even though Billy showed us that the exhaust was running cooler than stock in that area) but later learned the dealer confessed to "...possibly overfilling it...".

Just curious if you thought your exhaust could be contributing (B&B is not causing this on my current diff)...

#7 ·
I had a damp spot on my garage floor where the rear parks above it. When I took it to the dealer, they said that it was just the over flow - it had expanded during driving due to heating, therefore causing over flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.