LS7 clutch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlie Costello
  • 1 Post By Charlie Costello
  • 1 Post By lollygagger8
  • 1 Post By Koooop
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS7 clutch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I know it has been discussed before. I just installed the LS7 clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing along with ...
    Charlie Costello is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V

LS7 clutch

I know it has been discussed before. I just installed the LS7 clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing along with Mike Yeager's remote bleeder. The bleeder is a must, it reduced the bleeding time to 5 minutes.
    I was having many shifting issues to the point where it was zero fun to drive anymore. Mine was never raced or beat on. The very heavy dual mass flywheel we took out was coming apart and had up to 1/4" inch of bad slop.
    The new set-up took care of all of the shifting problems. I wish I would have done it at 100k miles rather than 146k miles. Drove it 1900 miles last week, and love the set-up. Just my .02 worth.
    SevillianSTS likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Re: LS7 clutch

Wow 146k on the stock clutch? Impressive...Glad you like the LS7 clutch. I need this

The original clutch disc looked brand new. All highway miles. I have never roached a clutch in my life. It was the dual mass flywheel that caused all of the issues. I loved the dual mass wheel until the problems occurred. Mike Yeagers customer service and products are " up".
    Becker likes this.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I'm not entirely certain why someone would buy a V and not beat on it.
    HAMSTAR likes this.

I enjoy the car immensely, but it is my daily driver in the summer and now has 150k miles on it. Cannot afford to get stranded 700 miles from home every week. Don't get me wrong, it is a blast to drive again, and it is driven semi spiritly. I will drive it another 100k then pull the 44k mile V out for it's 250k life.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8
    I'm not entirely certain why someone would buy a V and not beat on it.
    That would make no sense what so ever. Beat it to death and get another, Detroit made plenty of them.

I put the LS7 set up in mine, it's a must.

PISNUOFF Guest

Not driving the car because you're afraid to replace worn out items doesn't make much sense either. There are plenty of replacement parts.....and motors. Lol

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Alright You guys, Give CC a break. You /We can have tons of fun without beatin!! Some of us do use these as DDs and don't want to have problems out there. The heavily modded guys "usually" don't rely on these cars on a daily basis. I know I do! Truth is these cars ,sold as HP, were designed to be DDs and that's why the many compromises in pieces used. Now get out there and have fun!!!

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Mine is a DD for now and is very reliable and I do get on it from time to time. It will be the toy in the future with upgrades and mod parts like crazy! Just need to wait till life gets a little less hectic and my girls grow up a little bit! Then it will be time to make it what I see in my head and dream it to be! To each their own on progression of mods and driving styles but can we not all agree that is is a truly sweet car with endless possibilities for fun?

BDV

PISNUOFF Guest

I agree with CC about not beating his daily driver that he puts a bazillion miles on.

I rode mine hard and put it away wet. I went through a ton of tires! It was my DD for 7 years.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

I am on my 4th set of tires. I used Nexem 7000 for two set, but they are on backorder because Kia is swapming them since all Kia's come with Nexen now. I went to Cooper tires, but they break loose even on mild throttle in the rain. I do enjoy the guys behind me watching my car go sideways on the gas. I will run them until the wear bars, then go back to Nexen. They are great tire for 125.00 each. I appreciate all the comments and information. I have 18 cars and do not beat on any of them. Some of everything in the stable. I own a car service facility, but do not get paid to put mine back together. Just sayin.

Supercars that came on it
    GSD3's
    Dunlops
    PS2's
    Hankook Ventus V12's (2 sets)

One set missing, I can't think of it.

The car was such a party to drive, how can you resist?

Divide by 75,000 miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.