Katech Shifter Installed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Katech Shifter Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So is there a gently used Katech stalk for sale? PM me a price....
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: Katech Shifter Installed

So is there a gently used Katech stalk for sale? PM me a price.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by c5racr1
    I think the problem is going to be because it is not isolated, I think I am going to put the stocker back in, without isolation I am going to hear every noise inside ths transmission is going to be transmitted into the interor of the car. good theory but does not work very well in practice. I hope ican salavage the stock pieces!
    Let me know if you need any hardware. I assume you drilled out the rivits? I have special screws for it N/C..

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Steathv sent you a PM

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Thanks for the heads up on the installation.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Katech seems like a really excellant company...it maybe nice if someone doing business with them mentions this forum and asks them to become a supporting vendors. I know I always seem to trust supporting vendors more, and they can answer real techie questions here

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I live a 10 minute drive from Katech.....how lucky am I!!!! They had my car for most of the Winter months. They installed the aluminum shifter, "special" cam, stainless headers, no cats, BB exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, new springs in front....lowering by about an inch and a half, fixed the wheel hop, etc., etc. Yesterday, a kid with a "hot" Mustang wanted to "play".....I passed him in fourth gear @ around 100 - 110 (he was starting to go "backwards."

Anyway.....the car is completely different and a real joy to drive.

Great Shop and good, honest folks there.

HDMLNIUM is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    Katech seems like a really excellant company...it maybe nice if someone doing business with them mentions this forum and asks them to become a supporting vendors. I know I always seem to trust supporting vendors more, and they can answer real techie questions here
    I e-mailed them about a month or so ago, gave them the link to this forum.
    I told them this was a great site with some great people and plenty of interest on lowering kits, headers, and shifters. I told them if they set up group buys and had resonable prices that I would think that they could move some product.
    They never got back to me, but I have seen them on here a few times. I was interested in getting their longtube headers, their lowering kit, and their shifter.
    As of now I have ordered other headers, and a different shifter, all that is left for right now is the lowering kit. But I am not holding my breath for them to get back to me..

Bill-05-V

05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
    Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers and Cags Eliminator,
    K&N drop in filter, B&B 3" resonator exhaust, BMR Toe Rods/Trailing arms, more mods coming..
    Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

Flyboy,

Sounds like you live in a great place to be so close to Katech. You have some very nice mods, what did they do to cure the wheel hop? And did you go with the H&R springs with the QA1 shocks to get the 1 1/2" of lowering? That is the set up I would like to go with.
    Anyway enjoy your V an welcome to this great forum..

Bill-05-V

Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers and Cags Eliminator,
    K&N drop in filter, B&B 3" resonator exhaust, BMR Toe Rods/Trailing arms, more mods coming..

Katech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

[QUOTE=HDMLNIUM]I e-mailed them about a month or so ago, gave them the link to this forum.
    I told them this was a great site with some great people and plenty of interest on lowering kits, headers, and shifters. I told them if they set up group buys and had resonable prices that I would think that they could move some product.
    They never got back to me, but I have seen them on here a few times. I was interested in getting their longtube headers, their lowering kit, and their shifter.
    As of now I have ordered other headers, and a different shifter, all that is left for right now is the lowering kit. But I am not holding my breath for them to get back to me..

Hey, I am sorry for not getting back with you. Don't mean to blow anybody off, but I get swamped with emails and messages. Anyway's, I will go through all my emails tommorrow and answer each one of them. On the lowering kit, we are still awaiting the springs, they said 60 days a couple of weeks ago, but we all know how that one goes. As soon as we have something available, we will post it on our website. Oh yeah, and could an administator please pm me with a sponsorship package, thanks.

Katech,

Glad to see you are reading the posts..
    And I do undestand you guys getting swamped and it can be hard to reply to each and every email or post.
    I was really thinking hard on your true long tube headers with no cats, I think they will make the most power of any out there. I ended up jumping in on the B&B headers and high flow cats group buy. And with the shifter I ended up ordering the UUC short shifter. But I am waiting for your lowering kit, I think it is the best combo that I have seen on a CTS-V and that will be worth the wait as long as you guys price them to sell. I know a lot of your prices are high, but as the saying goes "You get what you paid for"
    Katech is a great and well known name out there and I think all of the products you guys make or choose to use will just make the CTS-V that much better.
    One more thing, What do you use for a wheel hop kit, or how did you address it??
    Thanks, and I hope to see you around the forum more and get setting up some group buys before everyone buys all the parts they need from other Supporting Vendors..

Bill-05-V

chiro444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Florian and Flyboy,

Just wanted to know what the noise sounds like that's transmitted into the cabin on shifts. Is it cool sounding like the movie "Fast and Furious" or is it more annoying and intrusive?

dreamcarc6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V & 1993 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by chiro444
    Florian and Flyboy,

Just wanted to know what the noise sounds like that's transmitted into the cabin on shifts. Is it cool sounding like the movie "Fast and Furious" or is it more annoying and intrusive?
    Honestly, it can only be heard with car closed up and radio off. It is barely perceptable. With either the sunroof open, windows down, or radio on, you have to really listen for the noise. It kind of sounds like a scrapping or rubbing sound - as if you can hear the gears rubbing together being transmitted through the stalk.

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

If you don't apply pressure (after the shift is complete) to the shifter knob, you don't here anything unusual. I've gotten used to it now. As far as exhaust noise goes......it definitely turns heads at almost at RPM or speed. If I want to listen to the XM Radio or talk with someone riding with me, I avoid the 1800 to 2100 RPM range. Even while freeway driving, am almost never in 6th. Fifth works just fine and the interior noise level is acceptable. My neighbor has an almost new 'vette and when my "V" was outside idling yesterday, he came by and said that sounds really "bad".....and it is!!! It even has that "lope" that shakes the car at idle.....way cool......love the cam Katech installed.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

...what flyboy said. The sound you hear is the gears engaging.

Florian

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

well my katech was acceptable to me but my wife ays it has to go so I reinstralled my stock one. the Katech is for sale. looking for 250.00 + shipping e-mail me at Morrell276@aol.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.