Revshift Blue cradle bushing Fail
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By barrok69
  • 2 Post By PISNUOFF
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Blue cradle bushing Fail in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've noticed that my wheelhop "once cured" with new revshift cradle bushings is slowly returning. The wheelhop isn't as bad ...
    barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Revshift Blue cradle bushing Fail

I've noticed that my wheelhop "once cured" with new revshift cradle bushings is slowly returning.

The wheelhop isn't as bad as it was without the cradle bushings, but it is slightly degraded since my first impressions when I originally installed the cradle bushings.

When I was crawling under the car doing my CF driveshaft replacement I noticed that the bottom portion of the cradle bushings have compressed/squished and there is now a .25" gap forming at the upper bushing interface to the metal cradle can.

The bushings were flush when I installed them as the entire cradle was supported by a trans jack and I torqued them to the proper specs. I checked the bolts and they are still at the recommended torque spec.

I called Revshift on 9/06 and got a call back a couple hours later. They said they would look into it. I haven't heard back from them and haven't been able to get a hold of them through phone, or any response by email.

Those of you with Blue cradle bushings. Take a peek under the car and let me know what you see.
    HAMSTAR likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Revshift Blue cradle bushing Fail

our cars and bushing/mounts.....its out of hand. lol

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

Have you heard back ? Are any of the other bushings failing ?

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

I emailed you back but apparently you didnt receive it. I dont think that bushing is failing. I think it is just squishing a bit due to the forces being applied to it. 80A bushings are not very hard and they do squish. It is completely normal. If you want absolutely not movement/dampening then 95A is a better choice.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jmargo View Post
    We have never had one single complaint about failing suspension bushings from anyone. That includes Cadillac and BMW bushings. The bushings in this thread are not failing, they are just compressing a little and doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by jmargo View Post
    I got a call back today regarding my squish issue. We talked about different options. One was making a thicker land on the bottom bushing with the 80a material to allow for some pre-load into the bushing. I decided I'm going to be trying something different and going with Red bushings on the bottom and keep the blues up top to keep some compliance in the system.

Just in general as far as what is going on with my bushings...If the bushing can't perform one of it's primary functions which is to "locate" the part properly than it is failing to do it's job even though the material itself hasn't cracked. There is more to a bushing than just isolation. If I would have known that these were expected to have vertical movement I wouldn't have bought the softer ones. The install grease will only last so long in there. I'm just lucky I haven't driven it in the rain yet or I might be hearing some squeaks down the road.

The fact that I haven't changed anything on the car since I installed these and started experiencing a degradation in wheelhop supression is also a factor in stating that this bushing is "failing".

At the end of the day Revshift is helping me work through this and I am grateful. They are going to do the work on my car at their shop next week so I can't ask for better support than that.

Thanks Revshift.

PISNUOFF Guest

I can see how you'd consider it 'failed'. It's not a total failure as in its broken. I can also appreciate the fact that revshift would not like word of a failure spreading across the Internet. I'm glad they are taking care of it for you. I honestly wouldn't expect anything less from them. I'm sure they will make it right with you.

My thoughts have always been that bushings are not the 'cure' for wheelhop. While they stop the cradle's movement, the torsional stresses are still present in the system and it is still trying to wheelhop. The softer bushings will deform more and over time would look like yours does. The reds would likely do the same over time but will way outlast the life of the vehicle. The only thing I see stopping the wheelhop is axles.
    lollygagger8 and Revshift like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I can see how you'd consider it 'failed'. It's not a total failure as in its broken. I can also appreciate the fact that revshift would not like word of a failure spreading across the Internet. I'm glad they are taking care of it for you. I honestly wouldn't expect anything less from them. I'm sure they will make it right with you.

My thoughts have always been that bushings are not the 'cure' for wheelhop. While they stop the cradle's movement, the torsional stresses are still present in the system and it is still trying to wheelhop. The softer bushings will deform more and over time would look like yours does. The reds would likely do the same over time but will way outlast the life of the vehicle. The only thing I see stopping the wheelhop is axles.
    I have the both sides gforce econo axles in my vehicle. Those coupled with BMR AWH kit reduced about 60% of my wheelhop issues. Swapping out the AWH kit for revshift cradle bushings all but eliminated 100% of my wheelhop in the dry when I originally installed them roughly 1500miles ago.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

My BMR cradle bushings squished as well and look exactly the same as your pic, only mine are red.

I hope the OP didn't expect hese to cure wheelhop.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    My BMR cradle bushings squished as well and look exactly the same as your pic, only mine are red.

I hope the OP didn't expect hese to cure wheelhop.
    the BMR squishing is different they aren't actually part of the true "bushing". They are simply inserts and spacers. At least if your spacers squished when you originally tightened them they would still be tight to the cradle and isolating it and preventing movement.

The scenario that I'm experiencing with my revshift blue cradle bushings is completely different. I actually have a gap to the top land part of the bushing, meaning my cradle can slide up and down along the bushing surface which is not ideal. I could probably cut down the metal sleeve insert and re-tighten the joint to pre-load and soak up the gap, but I don't think I should be doing that just yet since I shouldn't have to when I buy a new product from a company.

And yes. I fully expect and know that these cured my wheelhop the day I installed them. ( I also have gforce axles which didn't eliminate all my wheelhop originally and trailing arm bushings). I can't answer if the cradle bushings alone would eliminate all wheelhop as I have never had that setup in my car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.