pig in slop - Page 47
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Like Tree62Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, pig in slop in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; And that's why I saved this thread (5gb) along with the entire FAQ (7gb) to my harddrive right when the ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: pig in slop

And that's why I saved this thread (5gb) along with the entire FAQ (7gb) to my harddrive right when the poo hit the fan.
    It opens instantly off my local harddrive.

----------

You can also join us at:

http://www.vseries360.com/forums/

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    If you're referring to Fuzzy's deleted posts and pictures, he did that himself. Looking at the moderator log on this thread there has been a grand total of one moderator action, and that was me moving the thread to the Performance Mods forum way back when the thread started.
    I apologize for accusing the mods I just assumed it was pulled down by them.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Here are some concept models for a clutch master cylinder:

The adapter would be pinned by the flange component and fastened together. It's just a concept model but you can see the idea. The length of the adapter and diameter would have to be defined and of course add features to twist lock into the clutch holding plate.

The Tilton MC you see there is a 76 (76-875) series that I have chosen for the job. The idea is to slide the adapter into the firewall with the same diameter as the OEM - lock into the clutch mounting plate. The OEM bulkhead seal should wrap around it. Then bolt to the MC flange.

I'm just sharing my rough design. I still need a lot of measurements and define the locking features into the clutch mounting plate.

***Edit***
    I just purchased a brand new OEM clutch master cylinder assembly for the V1. I'm going to use it to get the measurements I need. Then I'll tear the car apart to check clearances and get a better idea of the design. This should limit the down time so I can enjoy driving my car

This was a popular thread so I wanted to share the outcome that was spilled out over so many pages:

Thanks!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Pretty slick. Have you installed it yet?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I installed it and verified fitment - confirmed, fits perfectly. I'll be testing it this weekend and row those gears. It installs about as fast as the OEM unit does. A technician could install it under an hour - 2hrs for the regular guy with basic garage tools. I'm sending out 2 complete kits next week to some V1 testers for feedback on the quality, installation, and performance.
    BigDaddy-V likes this.

Here is a video of the clutch master cylinder where I show assembly on a spare clutch pedal that I used to design it. I installed and tested it out on my car and solved my issues! No more double pumping that clutch pedal to get into gear and reverse is seamless - gets it every time! Every shift is silky smooth like butter.

BigDaddy-V likes this.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Well done... All of it. The idea, the R&D, the testing and the video. If you say it will make shifting the car better/smoother...sign me up.
    philistine likes this.

07cadv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Very nice! I'll do whatever it takes to have better/smoother shifting. The shifter seems to be my biggest complaint in this otherwise very fun to drive car.
    philistine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Well done... All of it. The idea, the R&D, the testing and the video. If you say it will make shifting the car better/smoother...sign me up.
    I should be launching it for production in a week. It's been quite an experience designing, testing and fabricating. I can't even count the hours I spent on it. It adapts 100% to the factory hydraulics and electrical clutch pedal position switch seamlessly.

I appreciate the compliments especially from someone who does a lot of custom work for the V1 - it's blood and sweat on this platform but it's also a lot of fun!

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes here but I have a "feeler" thread gauging interest. It can be found here:
    http://vseriesforums.com/forums/topi...-feeler/?p=449

Mods - edit within terms of service or PM for direction, thanks!
    07cadv likes this.

I am very interested in your set up. I feel between a much improved hydraulic clutch system and solidly mounting the shifter itself to the tranny the shifting will be to my liking.....(well, I guess a new twin disc clutch wouldn't hurt either!) I think my moms 1981 Chevette had a better shifter than this.

Any ideas on pricing yet? Understandable if you are not to that point yet. One of these days as we head north I will have to stop by for a visit if that's cool. We get up to B'ham and Nashville every now and then....

Come on up and we'll have a beer.

I like this forum and it's a fine political line when selling anything whether it's out of your garage or professional custom products - so can't talk about that. I updated this thread to show how ideas can materialize. Something that you put in a lot of hard work and can hold in your hand or point to it and say...I MADE THAT! It's a great feeling!

Understandable.....I have a side business involving Buell motorcycles and sponsored a forum for over 6 years. I also have my own website which made things much easier once the word got out. I sell products literally world-wide. Sponsorship is not cheap but is worth it in the beginning if you plan on fabbing/selling semi-regularly. I don't know what it costs on this forum but it was around $600 a year on the one I sponsored/sold on. I'm eager to improve the shifting on this car though. Still amazes me how sub-standard the shifter is. But then again.....I'm not an engineer either...

Making something yourself is an awesome feeling. I like it when a Buell rolls by and I can say "Hey, he has my muffler!"

Well, my clutch pedal went to the floor again the other day.....I'm sooooooo ready for this!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.