pig in slop - Page 46
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, pig in slop in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic You should note that I'm not 100% certain that the magnets will work yet. I have ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: pig in slop

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    You should note that I'm not 100% certain that the magnets will work yet. I have two of them here for testing, and frankly, there's not a whole lot of pull force because of the spacing provided by the rubber sheet. I may have to substitute stronger magnets, or take more drastic measures (e.g. removing the magnetic sheets and replacing them with a 1/8" sheet of steel). Stay tuned.
    You might have a cover but it won't seal. The surface area is far from flat after you cut an access door. I ended up sealing mine with Valco Cincinnati silicone gasket maker.

Have some of that stuff handy if it doesn't work out the way you intended.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Is there any particular reason why you chose Valco over Permatex Ultra Black?
    It will seal anything and bulletproof strong. If you are looking for alternates I use Permatex 81878 Silicone Gasket Maker as well and I think just about any exhaust shop uses this too.

Did you apply a thin layer of this Valco silicon gasket stuff to the lid before setting it down, or did you use it to build up a level foundation? Were the screws in your door necessary after the material dried? When it dries, does it set hard or soft?
    The PEM nuts didn't turn out as good as I hoped. If you use the gasket maker, you won't need screws. The surface wasn't level enough for a thin layer so I laid it on thick. I used a couple screws to tighten it down. I really just wanted it completely sealed and the original gasket left too many gaps. It's not low modulus - dries to a hard rubber. You would have to cut it out with a razor to remove and scrape both sides to reinstall like any other gasket.

A fab shop could have made a nice flange for a perfect showcase fit but I settled for the gasket maker stuff - it's under the seat anyways, well supported and out of sight.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Nice work...

Which way did you decide to go on the alternator??

Thanks

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

I see in a few other threads you're up and running. Did you shelve the spindle swap?

What a long thread! I'm glad to have shared all this stuff in CF. It was the first forum I joined when I purchased my CTS-V. A lot of guys moved to facebook "CTS-V VS The World" where worlds collide with V1 and V2 owners. I believe the heart of the community is there. As much as I enjoy social content there needs to be a place to explore the platform freely with no restrictions, a place well preserved, modern and maintained by V enthusiasts - specific to the V community.

This thread started here on CF and evolved to becoming a 'sticky' on LS1tech and the work continues on VSeriesForums.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by philistine
    What a long thread! I'm glad to have shared all this stuff in CF. It was the first forum I joined when I purchased my CTS-V. A lot of guys moved to facebook "CTS-V VS The World" where worlds collide with V1 and V2 owners. I believe the heart of the community is there. As much as I enjoy social content there needs to be a place to explore the platform freely with no restrictions, a place well preserved, modern and maintained by V enthusiasts - specific to the V community. This thread started here on CF and evolved to becoming a 'sticky' on LS1tech and the work continues on VSeriesForums.
    All real V enthusiast enjoyed this thread... I'll admit a lot of the info was over my head but I loved reading the progress u guys were making. F$&@ the cf mods for taking down half the info on this thread.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    F$&@ the cf mods for taking down half the info on this thread.
    If you're referring to Fuzzy's deleted posts and pictures, he did that himself. Looking at the moderator log on this thread there has been a grand total of one moderator action, and that was me moving the thread to the Performance Mods forum way back when the thread started.

AAIIIC is correct. Moderators did not interfere or interrupt with any content on this particular thread. It has been clean and free flowing the entire time. I keep all my stuff on Photobucket and do no remove it so that way all the pics can be preserved even if I move to another forum or facebook. Content is content and I try to preserve the stuff in the past as well as moving on.

This was a clean fun thread of learning so lets keep it that way. I still draw on some of the references so many contributed but evolution takes its place and the content continues on VSeriesForums.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.