pig in slop - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, pig in slop in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; With respect to the locking ring tool, I also tried something similar to the OTC tool and found that it ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: pig in slop

With respect to the locking ring tool, I also tried something similar to the OTC tool and found that it was too large. Trying this next:

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-63000-Fu...tank+ring+tool

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    With respect to the locking ring tool, I also tried something similar to the OTC tool and found that it was too large. Trying this next:

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-63000-Fu...tank+ring+tool
    Unless we have different locking rings...that won't fit. I'll post a close-up on my fuel locking ring failures - at least I get a full refund. The ones I purchased have a triangular pattern and the locking ring does not follow the grip pattern - they were both too big as well.

Kent Moore Fuel Tank Lock Ring Wrench J-45722 - fail:

I think it might be this one:
    http://www.etoolcart.com/kent-moore-...h-j-39765.aspx

...or this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-K...item3f2939accd

Edit: (many edits on here)
    Put a call into Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and he said from the drawings the listed tools are as follows:

J-45747
    J-39765

I'm getting some drawings from him via email.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...96b43f80cb41ab

Based on Luke's feedback I purchased the following:

KENT MOORE J-45747 FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT WRENCH
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271277516541...S:3160&vxp=mtr

I measured the inside diameter of the fuel locking ring and it is 4.5 inches - I'm not the best photographer but this measurement is definitely 4.5 inches. Notice the banged up tab getting it off.

The ebay description says for 4-1/2" lock ring...I hope this was the reference dimension, we'll see.

Interesting. I'll take a look and see if I can find another one.

Interesting. I'll take a look and see if I can find another one.
    These are the reference pics I got from Luke:

I am the king of buying parts that don't fit. I gotta send back 2 lock ring tools, a clutch bleeder, and 2 fuel strainers.

I have the same banged up tab. As best I can tell, there are zero J-45747's available online right now. I found one J-39765, but they're asking $175 for it.

By the way, did you get the fuel strainers again? I'm probably going to prioritize the fuel project because I'm afraid that either I'll forget about some of the stuff you figured out, or you'll forget what you learned.

I have the same banged up tab. As best I can tell, there are zero J-45747's available online right now. I found one J-39765, but they're asking $175 for it.

By the way, did you get the fuel strainers again? I'm probably going to prioritize the fuel project because I'm afraid that either I'll forget about some of the stuff you figured out, or you'll forget what you learned.
    From Auto Performance Engineering, I purchased kit 11 (qty 2) which fits my DeatschWerks (9-301-1000) and same suction as GSS 341. I should get these in a couple days. I also purchased the following hoses (2 of each):

flex hose 8
    flex hose 10
    flex hose 14

http://apeusa.com/html/kits.html

They ship really fast. I told them I needed a strainer that has a curved suction port so that the strainer is parallel with the pump - basically pump laying on strainer. The kit includes a sleeve so that should give the pump a little support. It's going to be crowded in there with 2 pumps but it should all fit.

Why didn't you purchase a FS140 strainer instead of the Kit #11? Are you planning on using anything other than the strainer from that kit?

http://www.amazon.com/Airtex-FS140-F.../dp/B000ZN2AXC
    http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Airtex-FS140...iner-/76975820

Photo Credit: Frostbite on the LS1Tech Forums ("Twin Tank Walbro Install")

Photo Credit: Frostbite on the LS1Tech Forums ("Twin Tank Walbro Install")

Take a look:

Left-to-right...DW300 (DeatschWerks, 9-301-1000), GSS 341 (Walbro 255), FS 140 strainer. Basically, it did not fit my style spare Walbro 255 or my DW300 pumps. The fuel strainer FS 140 fits the GSS 340 style pump suction. I never bothered to check the suction for any differences - I didn't know there were different sizes.

To answer your question, I looked around for the right style strainer and APE suggested that kit. The prices I was getting on similar style filters were $15-25. With APE's kit, I get a pump sleeve so I can use that to get a get a little space under the pumps - I'll probably have to trim the sleeve a little.

Here's some progress on the trap door:

The gasket is cut. In the center you can see my garage floor - gas tank is removed.

I still have to smooth out the edges on the trap door before installation - gonna grind and file the edges. After I punch/drill the holes tomorrow it should be done.

Giggity, giggity...all my fuel stuff finally arrived!

It's going to be a busy weekend...again
    FuzzyLogic likes this.

My first DW300 arrived last night, along with my Hertz ESK165.5 speakers, DEI Cool Tape, and the RacingBrake two-piece front rotors. Sadly, the eBay seller that I bought the DEI Tunnel Shield II from ($120 versus $130 on Amazon) isn't going to get it here until later next week. So it looks like I'm not going to be pulling the transmission yet. Fortunately, I still have a lot of other stuff to keep me busy.

Finally a fuel lock ring removal tool that actually works! This is the driver side lock ring but is identical to the passenger side where the fuel bucket is located.

Kent-Moore J-45747 is confirmed!

Uses a 1/2" drive.

No more hammer and brass drift/screwdriver. It cost me $75. Again it's Kent-Moore J-45747 and it works perfectly!

*sigh* I'm glad that someone finally found the right too, but the only other one available is $170.

I'm considering a write-up on the fuel system mod before i lose all my notes when I'm done I got a lot of ideas from Mighty Mouse & Frostbite's work (LS1tech). This thread is a spin-off for a lot of stuff to write-up.

*sigh* I'm glad that someone finally found the right too, but the only other one available is $170.
    I know someone who might be able to make one based on this design - $170 is waaaay too much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.