pig in slop - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, pig in slop in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic I just looked up one of PISNUOFF's old posts, and he's apparently using the MVP-0250 ( ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: pig in slop

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I just looked up one of PISNUOFF's old posts, and he's apparently using the MVP-0250 (Summit link). It's a little more expensive, but it looks like it has more adapters. In case there's any doubt, here's the Motive application guide:

http://www.motiveproducts.com/files/...n%20Guide0.htm
    Thanks, I pulled the trigger on the one you linked from Amazon - I have a ton of adapters. I also purchased the bleed bottle, the one I currently use is a growler (beer bottle) so I could use something that won't break.

I'm waiting on my ATI pinning kit so I have some time to burn waiting for the new bleeder to arrive. I have always wrestled with my SW 3" pipes but now with the CS 8.8, it's definitely gonna have to go to a fab shop for a perfect fitment - it's in there but I like 'show quality'. I'm not really in love with it either and considering to change it up a bit but twin turbos are still on the table - for now.

There are 2 shops in my area that are capable of producing a twin turbo kit - one primarily does imports, the other specializes in domestic GM cars. I can get a top quality twin turbo kit worthy of the front cover a major magazine for ~$10k. I haven't seen anything on the forums worthy of my wallet since an install would require some level of tech-support. The backup is a ProCharger but everything in my area is trending turbo. This same speedshop (GM shop) is in the middle of installing a rear mounted turbo in another buddy of mine and I want to see their quality and dyno sheets up close and personal - ehh, anyways I'm still 6 months out from this venture.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

By the way, I don't like the way the Motive fitting fits over the clutch reservoir. It fits great over the brake master (I can do 12 PSI no problem), but I can only get 6 PSI before the fitting leaks on the clutch. If someone has a threaded attachment that works better, I'd appreciate your advice. It might be worth buying an extra cap and installing a fitting into it. I don't know.

Looking at the Stainless Works stuff...did they copy B&B? Both are 304 stainless steel... I might call them and ask them what the thickness is.

By the way, I don't like the way the Motive fitting fits over the clutch reservoir. It fits great over the brake master (I can do 12 PSI no problem), but I can only get 6 PSI before the fitting leaks on the clutch. If someone has a threaded attachment that works better, I'd appreciate your advice. It might be worth buying an extra cap and installing a fitting into it. I don't know.

Looking at the Stainless Works stuff...did they copy B&B? Both are 304 stainless steel... I might call them and ask them what the thickness is.
    Regarding the SW exhaust I give it 7/10 fitment and 8/10 on sound - I say that but my ears are very picky and I expect Corsa quality fitment (perfect). DIY exhaust systems are sort of a pitfall. Even with the best fitment I had on previous cars, an exhaust expert was always able to find room for improvement. I still think nothing sounds better than a Bassani exhaust...something you don't find in a Cadillac forum. SW effed up one of my pipes but fixed it so their customer support is pretty strong 10/10 on that.

I think that SW has the straightest header tubes of any manufacturer--it's impressive. But I don't like their mufflers or exhaust tips. I'm considering doing SW headers and a catted B&B exhaust. I really like the sound and look of the B&B. I bought and wrapped my Kooks/Magnaflow back when I thought I would only be doing a few minor modifications to this car. $1500 all told was a good price for an entry-level system, but now it's time to upgrade.

I think that SW has the straightest header tubes of any manufacturer--it's impressive. But I don't like their mufflers or exhaust tips. I'm considering doing SW headers and a catted B&B exhaust. I really like the sound and look of the B&B. I bought and wrapped my Kooks/Magnaflow back when I thought I would only be doing a few minor modifications to this car. $1500 all told was a good price for an entry-level system, but now it's time to upgrade.
    Keep in mind the 9" will require custom work with anything that is not stock. B&B is a quality exhaust based on feedback. They were my first choice but SW was much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Keep in mind the 9" will require custom work with anything that is not stock. B&B is a quality exhaust based on feedback. They were my first choice but SW was much cheaper.
    Where specifically (I know it's kind of an unfair question--I'm hoping that you overcame a similar issue with the 8.8")? Are the axles too low? The G-Force page indicates that no cutting or welding is required, but a couple of weeks ago, someone was selling a G-Force kit and offered to include his modified subframe as part of the sale. I wrote to G-Force, but they never responded. I'll probably try calling them next year.

Based on the pricing I'm seeing, it looks like the price difference is negligible between SW and B&B. At this point, I'm simply looking for the best product--money is not a concern. Since the SW headers look straighter, I assume that it's better. Maybe that's not true, though. I don't know.

You're going FI so debating pennies on the dollar of HP of headers for N/A is a moot point. I like the SW headers - that's where it ends. There is no love with the fabrication of their exhaust based on my experience - think big business vs. small custom perfectionist. I felt like I was checking out of Walmart - that's just me. I love cars and strive for perfection so it was 'different'. I purchased the SW stuff the same time with the KW V3's and I got massive customer support and the same with other purchases from KW on my other cars.

My issues with 3" pipes come where it wraps around the differential. I like the exhaust to hug the frame as much as possible (w/o touching of course) and the bend around the driver's side is too tight for my taste. I can't fix that with my garage tools. I also want my exhausts to be positioned where they are level and they are bent to accommodate the 8.8 differential - I'm being picky.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

You need the 1100 European adapter for the clutch reservoir. I tried putting the 1108 on it; and it almost fit, but then one of the 3 tabs broke off... cost me another $20 to replace.
    FuzzyLogic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    You need the 1100 European adapter for the clutch reservoir. I tried putting the 1108 on it; and it almost fit, but then one of the 3 tabs broke off... cost me another $20 to replace.
    Aaaaand ordered! Thanks for the tip.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Aaaaand ordered! Thanks for the tip.
    Glad I could spend some of your money; guess that's payback for those bright-ass reverse lights you made me buy, LOL
    Everybody does say, damn those are bright now

----------

This is the bleeder, which will come with the adapter for the brakes:

http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores.c...it-_p_121.html

Then get this adapter for the clutch:

http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores.c...ter_p_114.html

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    You got it!

Excellent! thanks to you both! This thread has me filling my Amazon cart over and over with goodies with the sharing of parts/tools etc. Retail therapy at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    Glad I could spend some of your money; guess that's payback for those bright-ass reverse lights you made me buy, LOL
    Everybody does say, damn those are bright now
    The best part is that you can disable your reverse lockout, shift into reverse, and make the a--hole on the highway crap his seat after he/she decides to tailgate you at 70 mph...

I'm blind at night and have tinted windows, so can you give a link to the reverse tail lights?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.