Revshift Transmission Mount Vibrations
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Transmission Mount Vibrations in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I installed the blue Revshift motor mounts last week and the transmission block yesterday. After installing the motor mounts, there ...
    SupertreyG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Revshift Transmission Mount Vibrations

I installed the blue Revshift motor mounts last week and the transmission block yesterday. After installing the motor mounts, there was no appreciable difference in vibration or sound.

After installing the transmission block, I have noticed a small, but tolerable, increase in sound. At idle in neutral, it is like you can here transmission spinning. Under full throttle it is a noticeable increase. At highway speed, there doesn't seem to be that much difference though, just when accelerating or idling.

Is this sort of increase in sound and vibration normal? I assume it is, since the connection to the transmission is more "solid" and the transmission mount and cross member tie directly to the bottom of the car.

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Revshift Transmission Mount Vibrations

Yes, it's normal. Fuzzylogic reports his excessive vibrations went away over time. However, for myself they have stayed about the same. I find it completely tolerable given the improved shift feel and drivetrain alignment.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Would installing some sound deadening material in the shifter area help or not?

I decided to order the Creative Steel mount. They don't have the "Caddy-soft" that I found in some earlier threads anymore, but they have a new mount that is 40 hardness vs the 80 hardness of the Revshift.

Everyone has different tolerance for the vibration, and I must have a low tolerance, at least based on my use of the car.

I will post back here when I have the CS mount installed and give a report.

I few words about the Creative Steel mount. It appears to be good quality in its construction. The polyurethane is softer, it gives a little when I push on it hard with my fingernail, the Revshift I couldn't make an indention. This is logical as the CS mount is 40 hardness and the Revshift is 80. The holes properly aligned with the transmission and the studs on the bottom were straight, aligned easily in the support and had plenty of length.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying the Revshift is a poor product or inferior construction! I am completely satisfied with their motor mounts and am considering using some of their bushings.

I installed the the transmission mount and tested it out. The quality of the shifting is still good and it goes into reverse easily. There are no new or noticeable vibrations, similar to the revshift once it "broke in."

The biggest difference is in the sound. There is no more spinning sound from the transmission or gear clicking sounds as I mentioned in my earlier post. The car is much quieter throughout the RPM range, though not back to the Cadillac quiet with the original mount. I can hear the radio better at highway speeds and don't have any reverberating or droning sounds.

The important thing is that, for my use, it is quiet enough. I think I had realistic expectations. I did not expect to obtain stock sound levels, but rather reduce the noise to a level tolerable to me. If this was a pure play car or a track car these would not have been issues for me. The CS mount gave me a good blend of accurate shifting and low noise/vibration levels.

Hope this helps anyone debating the two and what they are using it for!

V-twin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V w/ Katech headers, Magnaflow, short shifter

Thanks for the review. I'll probably be doing motor/tranny mounts soon, so this is helpful!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.