Sry im kinda dumb about this ish.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sry im kinda dumb about this ish. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I need help... Ok so I'm planing to start modding the V but I'm not sure we're to start. I ...
    H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v

Sry im kinda dumb about this ish.

I need help...

Ok so I'm planing to start modding the V but I'm not sure we're to start. I have todo one thing at a time cuz I can't afford everything at once.

My plan is to start with a fast 92mm and a ls2 TB. Then ad some headers and eventually a H/C setup. Does this make sense??? Ill get the car tuned after every mod I'm just not sure were to start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V, 2005 CTS-V for sale
    I would do headers first, then h/c, and fast 92 last.

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Re: Sry im kinda dumb about this ish.

Do exhaust first, Cai next and skip the very expensive TB. The gain per dollar at that point is way upside down. Do your first tune after the two items mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff James
    Do exhaust first, Cai next and skip the very expensive TB. The gain per dollar at that point is way upside down. Do your first tune after the two items mentioned.
    I already have magnaflow cat back and k&n cai plus it is tuned(351hp/339tq) I probably should have mentioned that.

The reason I said fast 92 first, along with headers is cuz I already have a brand new ls2 TB just laying around.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

I would bet the car could use a little updating before jumping into engine mods....

If you haven't done the following, you will get a good bang for the buck with these mods/repairs/updates while also attending to many of the items that tend to break or hold the car back in general. Addressing wheel hop and drivetrain slop is an investment you're going to make sooner or latter and it's cheaper and less time consuming to deal with it upfront.

Save up and do all of these at one time to consolidate your efforts.....

1. motor, trans, diff and rear subframe mounts and bushings...

2. ls7 clutch/flywheel

3. shifter

4. I would do the 8.8 diff swap before moving into the motor so you can truly beat the snot out of this car. Doing the 8.8 swap before the stock driveshaft goes out (which they seem to do) makes a lot of sense because the cheapest replacement is $700+ bucks and you would be modifying or replacing the stock driveshaft anyway if you go the 8.8 swap route. It would also spare you the expense of buying the "no-hop" axles to match your stock diff that also can't be reused if you do a diff swap....doing the diff swap now could spare you the expense of buying 1 to 2k worth of maintenance or update parts you'll use to max out or repair the stock diff that you can't reuse latter on.

This should address most of the weak points in the car and from all reports, it will perform, drive and feel much better than a stock V while saving you maintenance issues and headaches down the road. There is no point in building more power into your V unless it is capable of using it.....

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247
    I would bet the car could use a little updating before jumping into engine mods....

If you haven't done the following, you will get a good bang for the buck with these mods/repairs/updates while also attending to many of the items that tend to break or hold the car back in general. Addressing wheel hop and drivetrain slop is an investment you're going to make sooner or latter and it's cheaper and less time consuming to deal with it upfront.

Save up and do all of these at one time to consolidate your efforts.....

1. motor, trans, diff and rear subframe mounts and bushings...

2. ls7 clutch/flywheel

3. shifter

4. I would do the 8.8 diff swap before moving into the motor so you can truly beat the snot out of this car. Doing the 8.8 swap before the stock driveshaft goes out (which they seem to do) makes a lot of sense because the cheapest replacement is $700+ bucks and you would be modifying or replacing the stock driveshaft anyway if you go the 8.8 swap route. It would also spare you the expense of buying the "no-hop" axles to match your stock diff that also can't be reused if you do a diff swap....doing the diff swap now could spare you the expense of buying 1 to 2k worth of maintenance or update parts you'll use to max out or repair the stock diff that you can't reuse latter on.

This should address most of the weak points in the car and from all reports, it will perform, drive and feel much better than a stock V while saving you maintenance issues and headaches down the road. There is no point in building more power into your V unless it is capable of using it.....

Good luck!
    Sry again I should have given more details. I've already fixed #1,2,3 things on your list. I did the ls7 clutch swap within the first 500 miles of buying the car. Followed by revshift blue motor and tranny mounts, and the car already had a UUC shifter when I got it. As far as the rear end, it feels strong as all hell(compared to other V1s I've driven) and doesn't make any noise. I got this car with 64k miles and it had lots of warranty work done before I got it so I'm sure it has the newest/strongest diff But if I do grenade it, 8.8 here I come.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Guess you aren't as clueless as you let on!

Regarding the diff....I don't like waiting for things to break. If it's got a bad track record, its the first thing I'm getting rid of especially while there's still some value left in the stock diff.

Good Luck with the build!

That_One_Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Good information for me since I will be buying in a few months. My mods always start with I/H/E then go from there.

Yea I'm not clueless about cars especially with this V now, but I've never built up a LSX motor or any motor really. I'm not trying to build the fastest V1 ever I just want more now that I've gotten use to a 400hp car.

My plan as of now is to just buy a fast 92 and stick it in the closet with the ls2 TB. Then wait till Christmas time to buy headers and put those on together. How will that setup run? Can the stock H/C move enough air to support 1 7/8 headers and a fast 92 intake?

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

I am making some DIY brackets for dropping the 8.8 in our Vs. I am in Houston as well if you ever need some help.

Sounds like we have very similar cars.

Who dynoed yours?

My mods:

05 V LS7 Clutch/Slave, Tick Bleeder, RevShift MM/TM, AZ shifter, V2 knob, Pacesetters coated in/out, SLP cats, cags!, xpipe/bullets, Volante, G-force tune; 359hp 351tq(wo headers).

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches
    I am making some DIY brackets for dropping the 8.8 in our Vs. I am in Houston as well if you ever need some help.

Sounds like we have very similar cars.

Who dynoed yours?

My mods:

05 V LS7 Clutch/Slave, Tick Bleeder, RevShift MM/TM, AZ shifter, V2 knob, Pacesetters coated in/out, SLP cats, cags!, xpipe/bullets, Volante, G-force tune; 359hp 351tq(wo headers).
    G-force in Pearland did the tuning along with the clutch swap. They were easy to deal with and their pricing was very fair.

I'm not planing a 8.8 swap any time soon unless my diff goes boom...

Our cars do sound very similar. Are you In the process of a 8.8 swap? I'm in south Houston and can usually be found on a Friday night at the local car meets...

I really need help with my previous question before I go and waste money.

I realized I didn't post this in the performance section...oops ill blame the iPhone app. But if a moderator could move it over there for me I would greatly appreciate that.

I'm still planing on buying the fast 92mm and then waiting till I can afford some kooks, then install those together.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.