looking for the best tune?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rand49er
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, looking for the best tune? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; hey guys im pretty new to the forums but ive picked up a nice 05 V thats basically stock other ...
    Sick05V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

looking for the best tune?

hey guys im pretty new to the forums but ive picked up a nice 05 V thats basically stock other than a k&n intake and magnaflow mufflers. Im really interested in getting a tune for it but im very picky about my cars and i dont want something on the edge, im a very spirited driver i guess you could say, so i want something very safe. Im located in memphis tn and there really isnt a good tuning shop around here, we have dynospeed but im not letting them touch my car. Also are there any good hand held tuners like a diablo for these cars or is dyno tuning really the best way to go, im used to my cobras this is alot different lol thanks in advanced guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    I don't know all that much about tunes and I know for a fact that a dyno tune is the way to go but I suggest you take a look at Wait4Me tunes. I did some research on them and saw nothing but good reviews.

I believe you let them know what mods you have and they will tune an ECU and send it to you to swap out. You also get to keep you stock ECU in case you wanted to do something with it.

Just a thought which might work out if you run out of options.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Get two tunes, one for all out race, and one for the street where its not too crazy. Get them done on a dyno, and plz dont do mail in tunes. I am across the pond and tried them with little to no success. Fly in a tuner and get her done the right way

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: looking for the best tune?

In the absence of a local shop, do the Wait4Me tune (if he's still doing them). It'll work just fine.
    carlson_mn likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

IMO for common bolt-ons the Diablo will work just fine. Easily removed for dealer visits and handheld code reader as well.
    Unless you start swapping heads/cam or doing extensive mods its an easy way to go...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    In the absence of a local shop, do the Wait4Me tune (if he's still doing them). It'll work just fine.
    I would second Wait4Me. I've got a StealthV tune which is fantastic but Rick (StealthV) isn't doing them any more. He recommended Wait4Me to me originally.
    '04 Platinum, Maggie, Corsa cat back, StealthV tune, UUC short throw shifter, Autovation Pedals, Lingenfelder CAI, GC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, UUC braided brake lines, Katech LS9 clutch, Level V RPM Transmission, Creative Steel engine & trans mounts

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions, its funny you mention the wait4me tune cuz Ive also read a bunch of reviews about them and it was really good and pretty cheap! Has anyone been able to compare a wait4me tune with a diablo tune? Im not gonna do heads or cam, atleast not for a pretty long time im wanting to finish my cobra first.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

I have headers, exhaust and have a mail-order tune from Jesse (wait4me). I purchased the car with the headers/exhaust no tune and it ran great too. For the price that he will tune your ECU it is worth it for the skipshift delete, rear oxygen sensors removed and better engine temp management involving the fan settings. Overall I would say that the car seems to run a bit smoother and has better throttle response with his tune but it's tough to notice. I recommend a dyno visit afterwards if you can find one for $60 or so to check the AF ratio on WOT runs.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I have a diablo tuner for mine and only have bolt ons at the moment. If you were to get one of those then I used a guy on their boards called Diablew and he did a custom tune through that with datalogs and info about the car! It worked great and I have loved the results! Something to look at given your location. I would gladly answer any questions for you about it!

BDV

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    I recommend a dyno visit afterwards if you can find one for $60 or so to check the AF ratio on WOT runs.
    I concur. I found the mail-order wait4me tune was pretty much garbage on mine, so I went back to the stock ECU.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cu-vs-w4m.html

Seems to be alot of mixed reviews on tunes in general for these cars, thanks bigdaddyv Im probably just going to take it to wait4me since he doesn't very experienced with these cars and there in ohio so it's not crazy far from me I dont mind the drive to get it fully dyno tuned

PISNUOFF Guest

^^^^^ Best choice out of everything said above. Take it to a dyno or have someone tune it with scan logs.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I concur. I found the mail-order wait4me tune was pretty much garbage on mine, so I went back to the stock ECU.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cu-vs-w4m.html
    I saw those graphs. Looked like nothing more than test-to-test variability and no change in the tune. Jesse knows how to tune whatsoever unless the changes were all part throttle transition stuff and WOT spark and A/F were left untouched.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.