nitrous question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, nitrous question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello everyone, I have a question I was looking into moving my single fogger to hide it better. I was ...
    LasCruces-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005CTS-V, 2006 CTS

nitrous question

Hello everyone, I have a question I was looking into moving my single fogger to hide it better. I was googling the best locations. I was looking at my intake manifold (ls6) and I have a capped port on the neck where the valve cover breather went. I tried to see if it was a good idea or not to mount it there. Which would be after the throttle body. Spraying directly into the manifold. Is this a good idea or would I be playing with fire? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sammyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Re: nitrous question

Bad idea foggers need to be ran through the maf.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Wow....just wow. No on the port and absolutely no on the MAF. NOS requires atomization which is why the port on the intake is a bad idea. If I need to explain why NOS should not be run through the MAF, you're handing over your keys.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Handing over keys? You sir almost made coffee exit my nose lmao

LasCruces-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005CTS-V, 2006 CTS

I am talking about a wet shot not dry. Even with the single nozzle premixing the n20 and fuel the fuel might cause puddling right? I was thinking the concept would be correct but was thinking if anything I would have uneven distribution throughout the cylinders if anything. I didnt know if anyone had tried it.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

I have yet to see a Caddy have an intake explosion!!

----------

If you want to hide your nitrous (dont fully understand why) give nitrous express a call they make a fully hidden kit "The Money Maker" that is pretty trick. Check it out if you havnt already

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/nitrous-ex...urce=pulsenews

----------

Actually I stand corrected, apparently Nitrous Outlet is the real Money Makers

sammyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Wow....just wow. No on the port and absolutely no on the MAF. NOS requires atomization which is why the port on the intake is a bad idea. If I need to explain why NOS should not be run through the MAF, you're handing over your keys.
    Sorry from my experience with dry kit they are sprayed across the maf to compensate for fuel. Otherwise your tune would have to be just pig rich all the time. If I am incorrect please educate me. This is the first article I found on google http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html . I would strongly recommend talking to Dave (n2o outlet) if you want to "hide" your setup. I have a nice 102 setup built by them it is truly a work of art.

----------

As far as a cheap way to hide it put the noida in the air box and tap the intake tube on the bottom wrap line in loom if its a wet kit.

Hammar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Just to fuel the fire, I ran 100dry through the MAF for a couple summers. It let me hide the solenoid in the fender and just run one small steel line in to the airbox, with the nozzle pointing at the MAF. The stock ECU added fuel, it ran 12.5AFR's like a champ. I considered adding a bit more fuel, but it was dead consistent so I left it alone...

Good luck whatever you choose.

Hammar
    Maggied 2005V

I am pretty sure a DRY Kit is before the maf, hence why it is a dry kit. If you were to spray after the MAF on a Dry system the ecm would not see that it needs to add fuel right? I could be wrong but I thought this is how it worked.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I also thought Dry had to be pre maf but then again I would not run a dry kit.

CTS-V_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Dry is before the maf... I would perfer a wet kit over dry kit any day though.

From 50 to 125 I think Dry is well worth it as far bang and buck. Now anything more than that a good direct port is the way to go!

Hammar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Correcto.

I ran several hundred pounds through mine dry with no issues. I understand some folks aren't comfy with dry, to each their own I guess

Hammar
    Maggied 2005V

Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    I am pretty sure a DRY Kit is before the maf, hence why it is a dry kit. If you were to spray after the MAF on a Dry system the ecm would not see that it needs to add fuel right? I could be wrong but I thought this is how it worked.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Hammar can you enlighten us more on your setup. What dry kit what mods did your V have when you were running the dry kit etc.

Check out some threads on LS1tech there is some good stuff over there. If it were me doing nitrous on my V I would absolutely go Dry. When I had my trans am I use to be on LS1tech quite a bit, and I would see these 75 - 125 jet DRY systems on various setups and they just kicked ass. Ran great very streetable, no tuning issues.. Obviously if you want more its going to be more money and also more work but I think if you did a poll on Dry vs Wet for 75-125 or 150 most would say Dry. Best bang for Buck imo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.