livernois stroker
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, livernois stroker in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; so currently i have a 07 ctsv with the 404 stroker kit and the ported ls6 heads, a fast 96mm ...
    boomer06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

livernois stroker

so currently i have a 07 ctsv with the 404 stroker kit and the ported ls6 heads, a fast 96mm manifold and tb, CAI and full exhaust. im looking for suggestions on some small upgrades i can do. eventually i would like to put a blower on, so with that in mind does anyone have any ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Small, dude u punched it out and u must have a ton of torque now...

I would go for a sc if u have money to burn on tires. If u want more umph and controllable upgrade to l92 ported heads and 102 intake...

I am punchin my tahoe to a 404 and slappin a sc on top soon. My biggest fear is ruinin the tranny

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: livernois stroker

What kind of power are you making right now? What cam are you running?

I would say your next mod should be an 8.8, lol

PISNUOFF Guest

Turrrboooooos!!!!

CAM Livernois Motorsports, hydraulic roller, .610/.610-inch lift, 236/240 duration at .050, 112 LSA
    As far as power the dyno numbers came out around 500 but the owner said his dyno was a little more stingy compared to others.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    Turrrboooooos!!!!
    Ha, if i don't have money for a blower then turbos are definitely outta budget

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    ... I would say your next mod should be an 8.8, lol
    HAMSTAR's got a point. Either before or after the FI install, you'll probably need to address things back there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Naf
    Add a snow max mpg meth injection, and swap your top end for less than 4 large.

You will see an easy 70+ hp and no need to swap ur rear end out...

Na are easier on the powertrain vs fi

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    ... Na are easier on the powertrain vs fi
    Huh?

400 rwhp = 400 rwhp regardless of how it's produced.
    lollygagger8 likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

You'll spend a fortune on a blower setup for your stroker. In all honesty, I'd put my money into a Nitrous system with a high quality progressive controller. You won't be able to match the price or performance of a 200 shot controlled progressively.

Naf
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    Huh?

Fi shocks the drivetrain from start to finish, Na is a bit more mellow givin the drivetrain time to flex and give so it doesnt break...

Look at the power curves, very self explanatory

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Huh?

400 rwHp with supercharger or nitrous is harder on the drivetrain than turbos because of of the power comes on. Turbos are the slowest to build the power out of those three and therefore have less spike loads on the rods and drivetrain.
    CTSV_Rob and lollygagger8 like this.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

For the money and the punch I agree on a nitrous setup, skys the limit with it as well you could do a small shot or a nice progressive system which will just be insane on

I would def like to address the rear, im just a little hesitant cuz the prior owner had told me there were some upgrades to it but couldnt give me a list of what all was done to the drivetrain. i can see the bracket to reinforce it and it still has IRS but other than that i don't much about it. Nitrous could be a good choice, i had A Z06 before this car and did a Harris works plate setup with that so i wanted to try something different. Plus i dont like having to fill up the bottle .ha. Thanks for all the input though.. Any other Vs in the Fayetteville area?

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Stick a 2.3L blower off a LS9 on it, call it good. You could probably find one for relatively cheap over at the LS1-Tech classifieds.

And by call it good, I of course mean, grenade your differential and snap your driveshaft, but at least the engine would be freaking killer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.