Hello From Billy Boat Performance Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hello From Billy Boat Performance Exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Jon@bbexhaust is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello From Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

Hello, my name is Jon Light, and I am with Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. We just started as a Vendor Member with Cadillacforums, and are pleased to be here.

Some of you (or perhaps all of you – who knows?) may be familiar with Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. We are 23 year old exhaust manufacturing company and produce premium exhaust systems for a variety of makes and models, and with strong focus on the LS V8.

We have developed complete exhaust systems for the CTS-V including headers, high-flow catalytic converter pipes, center resonators, and cat-back exhaust systems. Our CTS-V exhaust systems have been proven to produce an additional 412 rear wheel horsepower. Just kidding – I wanted to see who was paying attention. Actually, with a combination of our headers, cat pipes and Sport Exhaust our in-house dyno results showed an increase of 45 rear wheel horsepower, and 46 lbs.-ft. of torque. Which is still pretty cool. Plus the Sport Exhaust uses our Purge Resonance Technology (PRT) which eliminates drone. So the system adds good power, has a great muscle car sound, yet is easy on the ears at cruise. More info and hear exhaust sound clips at http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/vseries/

Something else I wanted to share as it does a good job of summing up what Billy Boat Exhaust is all about: Earlier this week I was putting together an interview with our company owner Billy Boat for another website (FYI: Billy raced most of his life – was a USAC Champion during the nineties and raced Indy Cars for AJ Foyt in the late 90’s) and I asked him what his philosophy was for Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. He said: “I think most of the philosophy for the exhaust company came from my background in racing. Racing is very precise, low tolerance for error - very performance focused. Nothing less is accepted. So we build parts the same way as we would build them if were putting them on the track. We make the highest quality parts, and use the highest quality materials, and we make sure they perform.” FYI: Billy builds all of our products in-house at our Phoenix, AZ facility and is the company’s production manager – so he is all over it.

So there you have it.

I plan to regularly communicate on Cadillacforums – so if you have any questions about CTS-V exhaust (or XLR or Escalade for that matter – we do those too) please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Hello From Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

I am waiting for B&B to reply to my email and requests.

Having had both the "1st generation" CTS-V exhaust and the subsequent reiteration, I am very happy with the performance.

I just wish Calif was.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I own Kooks headers and a Magnaflow 16637 (2.5" with X-Pipe), but I've got the B&B X-Pipe on bucket list for later when I start pushing 700+ RWHP. How do your headers differ from the 1-7/8" Kooks and how have you seen catalytic converters affect the performance of your catbacks?

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

PM Sent to you Jon - Hope to hear back soon

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

I so want a BB setup. Prolly just cutback with x pipe. Haven't decided if I want headers too. Sounds awesome guys keep up the good work.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Got an email back and all the info I needed.

Thanks for the support.

B&B makes the best.

Nate37AZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Currently Caddy-less

Where in Phoenix is your shop? We should have a V meetup there sometime....

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

I have a complete B&B headers and exhaust setup sitting in my garage that I've scrounged up from the forums here over time but have yet to have the time to install myself, or the $ to pay someone else to do it. Is there anything you can do to help with that?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    I have a complete B&B headers and exhaust setup sitting in my garage that I've scrounged up from the forums here over time but have yet to have the time to install myself ...
    lollygagger8 likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

B&B is the absolute BEST sounding exhaust made for the V's.

Headers/Xpipe/Catback here.......wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for making such great products!!
    Bigtuna819 likes this.

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Agree with Lolly.

Headers/Resonator/Catback here.
    lollygagger8 likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

I agree it's the best and the collector design produces the most horsepower of any header I've seen tested. But saying there is no drone on the first generation CTS-V is far from reality. I've had it on with a stock LS2, heads & cam LS2, 418 LS3 and a 427 LSX and all have droned between 1600-2000 rpms (with and without the center resonator).

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

I have the cat back exhaust with x-pipe and have the B&B headers waiting to be installed. I heard that drone was an issue, and that B&B has a "fix" to this, any additional information?

PISNUOFF Guest

Maybe there isn't with just the cat back system. They do have exhaust cones that can be welded into the exhaust tips that are supposed to help if not eliminate it all together. They sent me a set but I bought and installed cutouts before installing the cones. Slightly cracking the cutouts open eliminates the drone.
    rand49er likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    There is a little drone. It's in the 1800rpm range and it is very easy to avoid. It was a complete non-issue for me...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.