need t56 rebuild md/va/pa/de.etc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DMM
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, need t56 rebuild md/va/pa/de.etc in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone on East side rebuild our t-56's..Only put 30k on her and 4th at WOT pops out of gear..Told from ...
    Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V

need t56 rebuild md/va/pa/de.etc

Anyone on East side rebuild our t-56's..Only put 30k on her and 4th at WOT pops out of gear..Told from another member that the plastic pad is probably bad..I just pulled the tranny and clutch out a few days ago..Input shaft has zero play...My sloppy installer tore up the pilot bearing and it is shot...Any help would be appreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: need t56 rebuild md/va/pa/de.etc

There's a guy who advertises on CL that only does T56 rebuilds. Never met him or talked to him though:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...980215760.html

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Greg - I have a full rebuild kit with all of the syncro parts, springs, upgraded billet keys and shift pads etc. Cost me $720 (have receipt). Cannot use since my trans grenaded and they won't take it back b/c of how long ago I got the kit. Let me know if ur interested Ina hell of a deal, I'll be home next weekend.
    Greg O. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    There's a guy who advertises on CL that only does T56 rebuilds. Never met him or talked to him though:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...980215760.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Greg - I have a full rebuild kit with all of the syncro parts, springs, upgraded billet keys and shift pads etc. Cost me $720 (have receipt). Cannot use since my trans grenaded and they won't take it back b/c of how long ago I got the kit. Let me know if ur interested Ina hell of a deal, I'll be home next weekend.
    Hamstar..I am quite sure that is RKT...I just spoke to him about a complete performance rebuild..thanks GREG O.

Hey DMM, good to hear from ya....I just saw your post but I already called RKT...but still waiting for a return call...If I did buy those parts I would need them professionally installed..any suggestions.U can always e-mail me or pm me...thanks for the offer..Hope to hear from ya asap. thanks GREG O

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V, '10 SRT8 Chlnger, '96 Impala SS, '85 Mini, '81 DMC-12

I've got a good T56 out of my 77k parts car. It had a small engine fire which is how I got the car. Asking $1800 if you'd rather put a tranmission in now with minimal downtime and keep yours as a spare or to resell.

LS6Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I sent mine to Tick Performance. Reasonable price and they take care of all the freight/logistics. Basic rebuild starts at $1300

http://www.tickperformance.com/2004-2007-cts-v/

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Greg - sent you a PM. The Tick boys are a stand up bunch and have a great reputation for a reason. I had too many hard parts broken in mine, and our V1 trans has a lot of one off parts, so it made sense for me to get a Rockland Gear T56 Magnum. Rockland is a first rate operation as well. Try to get ahold of Caren if you call them.

ronr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I had RPM Transmission do their "Level V" upgrade on mine when reverse froze up http://fwww.rpmtransmissions.com/levelvt56.html

They're a little further east than you were looking though.

Thumbs up Re: need t56 rebuild md/va/pa/de.etc

Quote Originally Posted by LS6Steve View Post
    I sent mine to Tick Performance. Reasonable price and they take care of all the freight/logistics. Basic rebuild starts at $1300

Greg - sent you a PM. The Tick boys are a stand up bunch and have a great reputation for a reason. I had too many hard parts broken in mine, and our V1 trans has a lot of one off parts, so it made sense for me to get a Rockland Gear T56 Magnum. Rockland is a first rate operation as well. Try to get ahold of Caren if you call them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post
    I had RPM Transmission do their "Level V" upgrade on mine when reverse froze up http://fwww.rpmtransmissions.com/levelvt56.html

Sorry for the late replys, but my posts are not being sent to my e-mail address....wtf is going on,, unskinny boop boop boop boop.:
    Anyway, tranny might be good,,I pulled it and the pilot bearing was wrong and destroyed..the input shaft is solid [no play] and forth gear is attached to it....vibration was terrible so I put in and a STOCK LS7 25' flywheel,disc and pressure plate,with correct pilot bearing..Went in easily, but I used an LS7 slave with the TICK remote bleeder...and having problems getting gears..I THINK I need to use the shorter LS2 slave Any body find a link to the slave situation...I do know on the Katech LS9 the LS7 slave is no good ..HELP What is the magnum? Just better internals with same case?? I do like TICK plus free shp.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by LS6Steve View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post

Sorry for the late replys, but y posts were not being sent to my e-mail address....wtf is going on unskinny boop boop boop boop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.