X-pipe question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, X-pipe question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So some of you know I have been thinking about doing some exhaust changes on the car like getting high ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

X-pipe question

So some of you know I have been thinking about doing some exhaust changes on the car like getting high flow cats and moving further downstream. Now I am also kicking around the idea of taking out the corsa resonator and putting in an x-pipe. The corsa res has been beat up a bit but wondering about sound and flow?

So what are the thoughts of you guys out there? I don't mind some more sound and tone but will still have the kids in the car too!

BDV

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    I removed my corsa resonator and put a x pipe in best thing i did
    http://youtu.be/DbjyD1PdkKw
    Mines obviously louder than a v with just a corsa cat back but there is still no drone and very quiet during cruising speeds
    I even find my self opening widows and sun roof while I drive to listen to the sweet sound of corsa with long tubes

Re: X-pipe question

That is great news! Which one did you use? Make me want to do it yesterday! Never enough money to go around! I also see that with that cam and headers you will be making quite a bit of sound too! I will be doing the cam when she is all paid off in a bit but not quite that big. Thinking about doing the Texas Speed cams of about 220/224 or maybe as big as the 224/228 they offer. I stil want it somewhat quite for the sleeper effect and might go with a Maggie someday too!

BDV

I just had my local exhaust shop put a universal magnaflow x pipe in they used a 14 inch and added extensions to meet up to the corsa pipes
    They charged me 250 I believe
    Best thing about it was it eliminated the corsa rattle that I was having issuies with
    After a few warranty resonators I figured f it and go with a x pipe

I think I decided to do the same thing today after looking at everything. I think I could do the x pipe and extensions myself with clamps since they are straight and save a little on installation. Thanks for the imput on my question!

Yours sounds nice to with all the other mods too!

BDV

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I'm not sure if they make clamp on x-pipes. And I wouldn't hassle with so many clamps. You can get it welded up fairly cheep... I already had a x pipe laying around and my muffler shop only charged me $50 to weld it on with the extensions.

Bring the muffler guys a 12 pack and they should cut you a break on the price.

Exhaust guys just stretched the extensions to slide over the corsa pipes then clamped it
    They whole exhaust system is clamped from corsa so what's the harm in 2 more clamps?
    Also clamps make it a breeze when pullin the exhaust apart when working on car

That was my thought too! With the clamps I already have from corsa picking up two more is not going to be a problem. Didn't think about the ease of taking it apart for working on things later but that is a good point!

BDV

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

I have Corsa and did the x-pipe. Since I wanted similar quality I bought this one and had it welded on...very high quality to match the Corsa:

http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog...04ss-1803.html

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I guess there's no harm in having 6 clamps in less than a two foot section of exhaust. I just prefer to get my exhaust stuff welded. I've probably made over 20 exhaust modifications over the years to my different vehicles and it pays to know a good muffler/mechanic shop.

Bradctsv,

What did you think of the sound change and tone difference after you did this? And do you have any other mods on it too?

BDV

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

BDV-

The car sounds great! More rumble to the exhaust note but still refined. Sorry I don't have a sound clip. Only mods to the exhaust are corsa cat back and the xpipe. Lots of other mods....Bilstein coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Creative Steel 8.8 kit, CCW wheels, and more.

ONEBADCADDIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

I like mine. I have a B&B x pipe to flow masters. Real Good throaty sound.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.