Are my cats/front pipes aftermarket?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Are my cats/front pipes aftermarket? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi guys, im pretty new the the Cadi/LSX scene. The car is a 2005 V with a Corsa exhaust. Im ...
    Z06-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Are my cats/front pipes aftermarket?

Hi guys, im pretty new the the Cadi/LSX scene. The car is a 2005 V with a Corsa exhaust. Im just wondering if these cats/front pipes look aftermarket or if they are indeed stock. To me they look aftermarket but like I said earlier im a newb. Thanks!

This pic shows the underside where it connects to the cat back.
    ctsvexhaust.jpg
    This pic shows the mounting point to the manifold.
    ctsvehaust2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Re: Are my cats/front pipes aftermarket?

yes. those are for sure aftermarket high flow cats that have been put in up there. I have thought about doing this myself but also have thought about putting them further downstream in the midpipe area. that way it would move the restriction further downstream.

What are your thoughts on sound and performance? I have the Corsa myself and wondered about doing the mandrel bent prefabbed ones very similar to what you have there.

BDV

The sound is amazing! Still pretty tame under id say 4k rpms just like a normal Corsa from what i hear. But with those front pipes it makes it sound more nasty up high! When i rev it for buddies I do a couple quick revs to 4k and they are kinda unimpressed, then I rap it out and it gets everyone's attention!

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

That sounds cool! Do you have any other mods yet? I keep going back and forth on what route to do. Most of it has to do with costs!

BDV

Yeah, its got a k&n intake, short shifter, dropzone coilovers. Thats about all I can tell so far. Its still new to me so until I take it to my buddy's shop and have them take a look at it and strap it to the dyno then i should know more about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.