LS3 Swap CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS3 Swap CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I finally put the V on the dyno the other day, not too bad for a daily driver with a ...
    Minytrker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006

LS3 Swap CTS-V

I finally put the V on the dyno the other day, not too bad for a daily driver with a stock LS3. It gets 24-26mpg as a bonus.
    It made 425/436 sae
    Mods are:

2012 Crate LS3 (stock)
    K&N CAI
    OBX Headers w/cats
    LS7 Clutch
    X Pipe
    Gutted Stock Mufflers
    G Force Axles

CTSV_zps6d42da22.jpg
    HAMSTAR and mackey like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

03cobrarocks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None Yet :)

Re: LS3 Swap CTS-V

That seems pretty good for the mods listed! But I am coming from the mustang world hehe

About how much power is that over a ls2 with the same mods?

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Quote Originally Posted by 03cobrarocks View Post
    That seems pretty good for the mods listed! But I am coming from the mustang world hehe

Could be wrong but I'm thinking in the 360s or maybe that was stock. I havent dynoed but i like to tell myself im around 480 at the flywheel hehe. Quite a bit of loss through drivetrain.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

How are you getting that much torque without a stroker or FI? Doesn't seem right.
    robojesus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    How are you getting that much torque without a stroker or FI? Doesn't seem right.
    Have you been around alot of ls3's? I seen several of them make around the same torque or higher with with a cam and other mods. Also seen plenty make way less torque with a big donkey dick cam in them, theyll make a ton of hp but no torque. I'm guessing the cai and headers I have just work well with the stock motor, its definitely stong for a stock motor. I had it on another dyno (mustang dyno) and it made 423/420sae but since then the tune has been changed alot. The car definitely liked the richer a/f ratio...it made the best numbers at 12.2-12.4 a/f compared to the lower numbers on the mustang. It pulls like a train and blows the tires off easily so I have no reason to doubt 2 different dyno's. Its WAY faster than my G8 that runs 12.9's.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

LS2 with same mods would make 370, 380. So around 50whp more...

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Sweet numbers man.....

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

you're telling us you average 24-26mpg and make 425hp? I believe one of the two statements, unless all you do is drive 60mph in 6th gear. Great numbers regardless of what dyno it was on.

03cobrarocks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None Yet :)

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    LS2 with same mods would make 370, 380. So around 50whp more...
    Dang that is a pretty big difference.. Isnt the only difference between ls2 and ls3 the heads? Or am I way off...

My brothers ls2 vette makes 382 rwhp with kooks, mufflers and bbk intake and it's an automatic... I know comparing dyno numbers isnt the end all be all but weird that his automatic car would make as much as manual ctsv with same motor.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    you're telling us you average 24-26mpg and make 425hp? I believe one of the two statements, unless all you do is drive 60mph in 6th gear. Great numbers regardless of what dyno it was on.
    My heads and cam LS2 made 400/400 and got 26 mpg.

----------

Dang that is a pretty big difference.. Isnt the only difference between ls2 and ls3 the heads? Or am I way off...

My brothers ls2 vette makes 382 rwhp with kooks, mufflers and bbk intake and it's an automatic... I know comparing dyno numbers isnt the end all be all but weird that his automatic car would make as much as manual ctsv with same motor.
    Heads, cam, intake and bore size.

CTS-V_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    I had a ls2 put down 426/418 through a m6 with ts cam long tubes kooks muffler... It put down 408/400 on a Mustang dyno so those numbers sound right for a ls3...

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

I can get 26 on the highway but I average about 17 in 75% city driving. I guess I'm okay with that.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I can get 26mpg with my heads/cam combo on hwy.

In town it avg's 14mpg....damn skinny pedal

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

what's involved with the swap? planning ahead (hopefully many years) when my motor goes.

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post

Yes it gets 24-26mpg at 70-75mph if its all highway driving. I average 21-22mpg with mix of highway and city driving. It actually gets better mpg at 70+ than at 65mph. At 70-75mph the engine is in its sweet spot vs 65mph its lugging it alittle more with the prms being slightly lower. I get better mileage than my friends stock ls2 ctsv with my ls3 ctsv. This is with alot of tuning being done on my car. My G8 has almost a hundred less horsepower and my ctsv gets better fuel mileagethan it does. High hp doesnt always mean crappy milege, friends blown z06 makes 600+hp at the wheels and it gets 26mpg on the highway. With the ctsv or any vehicle with decent hp you can get great mpg's with the cruise on BUT of course you get on it alot then the mpg's drop really fast!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    what's involved with the swap? planning ahead (hopefully many years) when my motor goes.
    Going off memory the only thing that I remember I had to change was I changed my MAP sensor pigtail to a LS3 plug so I could run the stock ls3 map sensor.
    mackey likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.