Major vibrations after Corsa Exhaust install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By rand49er
  • 1 Post By barrok69
  • 1 Post By rand49er
  • 1 Post By Cattivod
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Major vibrations after Corsa Exhaust install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Only seems to happen between 25-35km/hr and is MUCH more violent when car is cold... Any ideas or anyone have ...
    Cattivod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Major vibrations after Corsa Exhaust install

Only seems to happen between 25-35km/hr and is MUCH more violent when car is cold...

Any ideas or anyone have this issue ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: Major vibrations after Corsa Exhaust install

Put it on ramps, jackstands, or a lift and take a closer look. Look for any areas where the exhaust is touching the chassis, rear-end, or transmission. Make sure all fittings are snug in the sockets and properly tightened.

Sometimes it takes a little driving around and re-adjustment to get it just right but...that is unusual for the Corsa exhaust.

Just a FYI, I also notice vibrations around 2k rpm and 20-35 mph. In my case I suspect the dual mass flywheel boat anchor.

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V, '10 SRT8 Chlnger, '96 Impala SS, '85 Mini, '81 DMC-12

I'm guessing it's one of the connections and once the exhaust heats up it tightens up. Have you noticed it being louder before it's warmed up?

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Put it on ramps, jackstands, or a lift and take a closer look. Look for any areas where the exhaust is touching the chassis, rear-end, or transmission. Make sure all fittings are snug in the sockets and properly tightened.

Sometimes it takes a little driving around and re-adjustment to get it just right but...that is unusual for the Corsa exhaust.

Just a FYI, I also notice vibrations around 2k rpm and 20-35 mph. In my case I suspect the dual mass flywheel boat anchor.
    I have an Ls7 clutch and ATI super damper. Vibration at 2k PM is still there. aAnd will be till the end of time.

Well to clarify the vibration...it actually feels like a "jack hammer" is banging from under the arm rest. What's crazy is it doesn't happen when the car is warm after about 10 minutes...the first couple of times I felt the need to pull over. Then it gradually gets better as I continue to drive...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

When I first installed my Corsa, I had tightened everything while it had drooped down on that little crossbar mid-way back. It made quite a rattling sound especially at certain RPMs. I went back, loosened it all back up, then jacked it up against the underside of the carriage before retightening it all. Voila! The exhaust didn't touch that crossbar anymore and no more noise.

Not sure if yours is that, but it's easy to check and is cheap to fix.
    barrok69 and Cattivod like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    I have an Ls7 clutch and ATI super damper. Vibration at 2k PM is still there. aAnd will be till the end of time.
    Hmm, I wonder what my luck will be with the Katech LS9 clutch and Fluidampr crank pulley.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

How is the trans mount?

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

I had a similar issue with the corsa on my V. It was resting on the thin chassis cross brace like randy pointed out. It was easy to fix, just re-adjust a few joints and voila.
    Cattivod likes this.

I just put rev's in

----------

I'm going in on Friday to have the exhaust adjusted will keep you guys posted. Thanks a lot for the feedback Gents MUCH appreciated

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Cattivod View Post
    ... I'm going in on Friday to have the exhaust adjusted ...
    In half an hour with a couple of rhino ramps and a couple of jack stands, you could do it yourself. Then, you won't even have to go to the gym afterward.
    Cattivod likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

So shes up on the hoist and there's plenty of space between the exhaust and the cross bar...no sign of real play or wear spots on the frame.

Any ideas ? Thinking we may still tighten the exhaust up a bit

----------

Put some rev shift flex mounts in with the exhaust going to switch back to OEM and try that. Maybe it's drive related...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattivod View Post
    So shes up on the hoist and there's plenty of space between the exhaust and the cross bar...no sign of real play or wear spots on the frame.

Any ideas ? Thinking we may still tighten the exhaust up a bit

----------

Put some rev shift flex mounts in with the exhaust going to switch back to OEM and try that. Maybe it's drive related...

Problem solved. I went back to the OEM flex mount and shimmed the cross bar beneath the exhaust and problem has been solved.

Happy Happy
    barrok69 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.