Which cat-back would you buy? Need some advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Which cat-back would you buy? Need some advice in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, I have watched every exhaust youtube video out there I feel like. I am torn on Stainless Works ...
    Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Which cat-back would you buy? Need some advice

Hey guys, I have watched every exhaust youtube video out there I feel like. I am torn on Stainless Works cat back or B&B cat back (black coated)....It seems everyone has B&B and it some say it does have some drone, also it appears to be all 3". Stainless works I believe is 2.5 but to me it sounds a little louder?

Anyways I know some will be disappointed to see another thread on "advice" but if you have input on the EXHAUST mentioned above, I would appreciate it. Also, I am just considering cat-back, I live in cali and will not be doing headers just to avoid the smog bullshit.

All the B&B people, would you buy it again ?

Anybody with Stainless Works, would you buy it again?

Any recommendations or input is appreciated, thanks guys. I enjoy the community so far.

-Becker

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Re: Which cat-back would you buy? Need some advice

Having a corsa I can't talk about the others, however the corsa sounds very good to me! Very soft with a deep tone at idle and nice and good wide open!

BDV

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Had the CORSA and decided to stop screwing around and got the B&B.

Drone my ass, if you don't like it either downshift or never mod your exhaust.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I know this isn't your question, but to weigh in on the Corsa issue, unless you eliminate the OEM cats (usually with headers), the Corsa won't be enough IMO. You're right to exclude them from your decision.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

If you are keeping OEM manifolds, then just do a muffler delete. It sounds amazing.

Thanks for the heads up on getting rid of the Oem cats rand49er! I was wanting to anyway and it is nice to know that the sound will pick up some too!

BDV

I have had Corsa on previous cars and thus the reason I did not consider them, not my flavor. Same with all the others, borla, magnaflow, etc..

Also, I am not too concerned with drone that would not influence my decision, just curious on fitment, look, sound, rasp, and the loudness from STAINLESS WORKS vs B&B

B&B and Corsa and Muffler delete I can find a gob amount of videos and threads, stainless works seems harder to find. I have listened to a couple clips of each but I am interested in what people have to say about either STAINLESS WORKS or B&B...

----------

Also, thanks for all the responses in the last few hours -- I do appreciate that

----------

I also just realized that SW is all 3" -- For some reason I thought 2.5"

serik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

I had b&b. Without headers the drone wasnt to bad. With headers it was just too annoying so I sold it and got a corsa exhaust and with headers imho its the best combo.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I had a muffler delete for a year...the drone got very annoying. I have the SW header back and love the sound. There is very little drone, barely noticeable. The idle sounds beefy and a WOT is music to the ears.

I had a fitment issue when I installed my SW exhaust. After identifying the problem, they fixed it relatively quickly at no cost to me. Apparently the cats tweaked a little bit during welding. I will say that the headers sit a little lower than I prefer. I'm lowered and speed bumps rub just a little.

PHILISTINE-

What kind of fitment issues were you having? Did it require sending the system back to SW? What year was that, I wonder if the new systems would have the kinks ironed out.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I sent two pieces back. It was the cat-back part that connects right after the header. The high flow cats needed to be re-welded because of alignment issues. I purchased the entire exhaust brand new last year.

Just got off the phone with B&B and have made up my mind. I have an appointment to get a quote for custom 3" exhaust locally but I really wanted mandrel bent and black coated.

B&B said they see no reason they can not make me a one off exhaust -- Basically I am getting the 3" X pipe system (sport?) but instead of PRT mufflers I will be getting their bullet mufflers installed and then 4" inch slash double wall tips....Black tips and muffler...

Will be placing the order in a couple days Should sound good I hope!

I would think it should sound pretty mean for sure! I am not against getting more sound out of exhaust but since mine already had the Corsa installed when I got it I planned on leaving it! Once I move the cats and get headers I am sure it will sound just like I want.

Congrats on picking out the one you wanted and get ready to start modding like crazy!

BDV

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Would love to hear another video of yours when done. I'm still debating on B&B or a Magnaflow cat back system.

Thanks guys, it is not ordered yet but I hope to by the end of the week place an order. I just wanted something different than what everybody else has, hopefully I am making the right decision ...I think it should be pretty legit...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.