Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by liqidvenom honestly this is good and constructive criticism. Agreed........... I ordered 6 of the spherical bearings form ...
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Re: Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    honestly this is good and constructive criticism.
    Agreed........... I ordered 6 of the spherical bearings form Rusty's Off Road. That's enough for 3 sets of arms. I know that's not a lot but I don't need more money sitting on the shelf. I don't normally pre-sell product, but when these three sets are spoken for and paid for I will order more. The new price for the arms with the spherical bearings in the end towards the front of the car is $425 without the rear knuckle bushings. With the rear greaseable bushing is $485. We found that these arms will fit in one of the post offices large flat rate boxes, I will pay the shipping. So the above prices include shipping.

Another scenario for these arms is a prepaid group purchase. If you guys can put together 12 guys that are willing to prepay, I'll sell the arms for $365 shipped with the spherical bearings and the greaseable 90A knuckle bushings. When 10 guys have prepaid I will order the bearings and start bending the tubes.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

In order to save you prospect clients a little search time and better promote your product, what tire sizes will these arms allow for and will we be able to use this much clearance without hitting something else?

Thanks for your efforts at producing quality products! I damn sure couldn't make these myself for what your selling them for, especially with the r&d time required.

OK, This has been proven to be one of those topics that will have everybody and their dog chiming in with their 2 cents and no one will agree with anyone else.

The only information I can provide is from my car. It has the the stock wheels and tire size (245-45-18). It is at the stock ride height, which means it is not lowered. The stock wheels are 8 1/2" wide and the sidewall bulge of the 245-45-18 tires is only about 1/4-3/8" beyond the edge of the wheel. The next interference (after the stock trailing arm) will be the wheel hitting the lower control arm.

DSC03123.JPG

With a slight bending of an un-welded section (in yellow) at the rear of the lower control arm an 1-1/2" of added width to the inside of the wheel can be had for a total of 10". No bending of the arm would be a close fit but there is a bit of modification available if required on a per vehicle basis. The next interference after the control arm will be the shock (near the top of the wheel), that clearance is 2" with no modification.

I'm not going to get in to what specific tire sizes will fit. Each of our cars is a bit different so I will be best for each person to validate their own measurements. That is not meant to be a disclaimer, it's just not that hard to crawl under your car with a tape measure to check clearances.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

That's a worthy investment!

----------

Thanks!

That's a worthy investment!

Don't tell Fuzzy
    maxx@creative-steel.com

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

That is a killer deal for the group buy. I wish I wasnt such a broke-@$$.

I like the thought of running 305's in the rear, though. Maybe some day.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Coming to this thread a bit late, but speaking as someone who paid for the killernoodle trailing arms, these do seem to be a bit pricey.

From a purely business perspective, pricing is the same as why a dog licks his privates ... because he can. You can say anything you want about it, but until somebody else gets into the game, pricing comes down to a business decision by Creative Steel.

Killer, even though he strung a bunch of guys along for months and months, has apparently abandoned us. Had he been making a crap-load of money here with his arms, he would still be around, and CS would be looking at a much different pricing scenario.

I know I'm just pointing out what's as obvious as a fart in church, but it's my $0.02.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Cheap usually means getting strung along for months and months only to get abandoned in the end. You get what you pay for.....

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Good, fast, cheap. Pick two

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Good, fast, cheap. Pick two
    Just how I like my dates.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

nikdsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

So....who is organizing the group buy? Safe to say Fuzzy is out!

Max, what would the price be for the arms in a group buy without the greasable bushing as I already have the revshift bushings?

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Not up to leading the group buy bit I am interested. We just need someone to coordinate the buy.

Talyon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth CTSV & 2004 SRX V8 AWD
    I will be having a set, please let me know when I can buy from the website or if a group buy happens. Thanks !

Lil421A Guest

133k miles,On my 05 V slver, I have GC kit 500/550, 245/40/19f 19x8.5, 295/35r 19x10 ccw sp600 (Thanks for stepping up and picking up the slack) Making this Product. Received the CREATIVE STEEL trailing arms today, and having them Installed this weekend all redshift bushings,BMR Toe rods,McLeod RXT twin disc clutch.... Will post pics next week.... "He Who Hold the Gold Makes the Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by nikdsctsv View Post
    So....who is organizing the group buy? Safe to say Fuzzy is out!

Max, what would the price be for the arms in a group buy without the greasable bushing as I already have the revshift bushings?
    Sounds like YOU are the Group Buy Leader (unless to can talk Fuzzy in to it?)

Group Buy Price w/o knuckle bushings $325

Quote Originally Posted by Lil421A View Post
    133k miles,On my 05 V slver, I have GC kit 500/550, 245/40/19f 19x8.5, 295/35r 19x10 ccw sp600 (Thanks for stepping up and picking up the slack) Making this Product. Received the CREATIVE STEEL trailing arms today, and having them Installed this weekend all redshift bushings,BMR Toe rods,McLeod RXT twin disc clutch.... Will post pics next week.... "He Who Hold the Gold Makes the Golden Rule"
    Absolutely can't wait to see the pics.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.