Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by MotorMounts Fuzzy... After re-reading your first two posts...they are not as inflammatory as I previously perceived them. ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Creative Steel WIDE WHEEL TRAILING ARMS

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Fuzzy... After re-reading your first two posts...they are not as inflammatory as I previously perceived them. If you feel that you were wronged by us or our parts, call me on Monday, I will refund every nickel including shipping. I would like to hear or re-hear your side of the story.

The shifter bushings have only one shoulder/lip (like the factory bushing) so they can be slid between the shifter rod and the mounting tube that they go in. A shoulder on each end would make it "troublesome" to install. A small picture with directions is sent with each set of shifter bushings. The shoulder of the bushing goes toward the rear of the car which captures it behind the tube that it pushes in to.

Call me on Monday, I will send you some money.
    Don't worry about it. If you want to give me a break on shipping when I need a 8.8" kit (assuming 54inches hasn't made his kit available to the world by then), I'll take you up on that.

I'm largely following in PISNUOFF's footsteps with a 427 LSx iron block build, except that I'm going the "very large supercharger" route and he's doing the "very large turbocharger(s)" route. Heads, compression, and a few other things will vary, but what's certain is the stock rear end is living on borrowed time. Hence, an iron differential housing, carbon fiber driveshaft, and full axles are in my future.

Bewbzout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): S60R / Impala SS

First off i will say that i am new here so i dont know all the stories or personalities.

After reading this thread i have a little input but its just my opinion so take it or leave it.

$435+shipping is nothing for trailing arms. I dont know if this is your first car but i have had several cars that i have modded and i think the price is fair. Also for someone like me that would like to have wider wheels where else would i or anybody go? If i were to try and have someone build me a set i look at it like this: Fab shop to get it right will have well over a day just to make a set. Consider they have to have a decent tube bender, Lathe and welder. So 8 hours + @ shop rate of $80/hr (<- very low) = $640. That doesnt include the bushings or powdercoat.

So like i said its just my opinion and observation but for you that are complaining about price i highly doubt you have the tooling and or knowledge to build these so stop complaining about price when its the only option most have.

Relax and drink some beer

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    Looks great max. I like the design a lot more then the kinked lightning bolt that others have tried.
    If I was going to get bigger wheels id have a set on my car for sure.

And fuzzy man what is your deal ?
    90% of what you post is bad mouthing someone or a new product. We are a very small community here and we need to welcom any and all owners and companys that are willing to invest in our car
    If you dont like the price then go buy the tools and build your own

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    and fuzzy man what is your deal ?
    90% of what you post is bad mouthing someone or a new product. We are a very small community here and we need to welcom any and all owners and companys that are willing to invest in our car
    If you dont like the price then go buy the tools and build your own
    90% of what I post is technical. It is the responsibility of educated, conscientious consumers to identify potential price gouging and request equitable prices, especially in underrepresented markets where corporate social responsibility (CSR) is not actively being monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by HLS Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
    In particular, this research shows that CSR leads to outcomes such as increased customer loyalty, willingness to pay premium prices, and lower reputational risks in times of crisis. [1,2,3] Each of these marketing outcomes in turn has the potential to support increased profitability.
    http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/corpgov...ustomer-value/

If you're reading an antagonizing tone into my posts, please note that it only exists in your head. The way I see it, this kind of critique only makes our vendors and the CTS-V community at large stronger by building honesty and trust (where trust can be had) between members. Does drama erupt from time to time? Absolutely. But the alternative--a community that only exists to pat each other's backs--is far worse.

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

with such a small market, I appreciate any fabricator/manufacturer putting out new parts
    05 CTS-V (390hp/383tq) forged pistons & H Beam rods, balanced crank, TFS 220s, YT 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam 229/239 .627"/.621" 111.5+3, Super Damper, 63lb injectors, Fast 92, 90mm TB, LS7 clutch, RAM flywheel, Alradco, Kooks, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, MSD starter, CS Red MMs, roll bar, RaceTech seats, 6pt harnesses, remote oil & PS coolers, KWv3s, v2 brakes, Carbotech XR1s, 2pc rotors, Hotchkis sways, Revshift red bushings, BMR toe rods, trailing arms & anti-hop kit, Powergrid endlinks

Bewbzout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): S60R / Impala SS

^ agreed. If you dont have the money buy a honda where you can buy stolen parts for what you think is fair.

CTS-V_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewbzout View Post
    ^ agreed. If you dont have the money buy a honda where you can buy stolen parts for what you think is fair.
    ^ This makes me laugh... But it is true though!

VincentT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Nobody can really deny Fuzzy's knowledge base on our cars. But what he gains in knowledge he seems to lose as much or more in tact. At least as far as one can judge based on reading forum posts.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'm surprised a poly bushing in the front mounting location would work. Poly is typically used to provide more resistance to torsion than a rubber bushing provides. In that front bushing, you want the trailing arm to pivot up and down freely, so you need the bushing to allow that, but resist forward/aft motion under braking and acceleration. A spherical bearing (or one of the spherical bushings like those offered by Ballistic Fab and others) seems like the right answer IMO.

Can you re-load the pics? I'm getting the same error referred to previously.

Edit: The hollow bolt at the knuckle to allow for greasing through the bolt is a good detail.
    DavidBoren likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

I cannot see the pictures, either. And I think spherical rod ends would be better than poly bushings.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Sorry about that. The pictures should be back up now.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I dont think that price is overly high for these parts, more so when you factor in the low sales volume of our after market parts its a wonder we dont get stuck paying the same price for parts as the c63 crowd. most one after market parts for a vehicle with only 8-10k production units have huge price mark ups on them.

they could make a version of these for a golf/jetta ( or any other vehicle with large production numbers who tend to mod) and sell 10k sets of these parts maybe even at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    they could make a version of these for a golf/jetta ( or any other vehicle with large production numbers who tend to mod) and sell 10k sets of these parts maybe even at this price.
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7504

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I didnt know that rock auto sold custom aftermarket parts.

Factory trailing arm
    http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/pro...0505311AF.html

Aftermarket
    http://www.hotchkis.net/20052012-mus...ling-arms.html
    http://www.spohn.net/shop/2010-Chevr...FWxyQgod5UoA2A

I wont even pull up parts for vehicles in our "class" from mb/bmw/audi when it comes to anything aftermarket...and those cars along with the links i posts have different models where a supplier could sell those parts to them because they also like performance equipment. We just have a ever shrinking number of vehicles and soon a third gen cts-v to make ours even further obsolete from a product design standpoint.

I all say is let the companies build good parts for us, keep from thrashing each other and allow customers who bought the parts to leave feedback to make better parts. D3 gets heat all the time for their costs, but i can say it their customers running all over cali seem to be happy and i dont recall anyone ever complaining about their parts not lasting.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I agree. The market will determine pricing. Complaining about it is just noise if you're not going to actively do something about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.