IAT Relocate WTF???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, IAT Relocate WTF??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, I bought the right stuff, located IAT low and slightly forward of air Cleaner in CAI space. Plugged everything ...
    Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Unhappy IAT Relocate WTF???

OK, I bought the right stuff, located IAT low and slightly forward of air Cleaner in CAI space. Plugged everything in and (this is where i need expert help- but since You guys are free, I'm coming to you first). First thing after start up was that cooling fans came on with cold engine IAT indicted 91Deg. Let warm up and drove a short distance- IAT krept up and I expected it to be more sensitive than OE but doesn't seem to be. Shut off and cooled for 1/2 hour. Started and drove, first time I ever had a miss at 3600 RPM then saw Engine light from hell!!!! Drove another short distance,seemed to run ok then stopped and converted back to OE. Engine light from hell stayed on until I did battery disconnect. This is wher you guys chime in- What's up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    What code caused the "engine light from hell"

Re: IAT Relocate WTF???

No codes, The engine misfired slightly on acceleration then I saw that the light was on. when I put everything back stock all I did was reset by disconnecting battery.

----------

Got a long drive in the AM so am not fooling with it anymore now. I can have a tec11 hooked up wed. and read any past codes.Will report back.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Maybe the sensor is bad out of the box? It happens.

The new plug recept. seems like it might be able to connect in either direction. I didn't force it but wouldn't think car would run if backwards.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Iat at 91 degrees! The mAx i have seen is 75c after four pulls in forth...

Hmmm what wires did you cut from the maf?

What brand of iat u using?

Didn't cut anything. I bought the Caspers harness,all plug in, and the diy open element iat sensor. I spoke with Caspers to double check the harness and ask if it could be connected incorrectly. I was told no but should have done my battery Disconn -reconn while harness attached. I will try this again before doing anything rash. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Iat at 91 degrees! The mAx i have seen is 75c after four pulls in forth...

Hmmm what wires did you cut from the maf?

What brand of iat u using?
    Iat at 91 degrees is certainly possible if its in the mid-high 80s ambient.
    lollygagger8 likes this.

IAT Relocate Update
    OK It appears,to my utter amazement, (DOOOHHHHH!!!!!) that having a connector plugged in correctly makes a huge difference in how things work.
    Upon attaching the Tech2 Scanner and finding that my IAT was seeing -40Deg F,I decided to recheck connectors. The new harness plug had 3 of 5 terminals bent over and no connection. Repairing and replugging immediately corrected the indicated temp and matched what the car indicated. AMAZING!!!!! A couple more key strokes to clear the Check engine light from Hell AND the new Audio security light (I disconnected the battery remember) and all is good with the Universe. IAT actually varies some now in transit and highest temp recorded last night (2 hour drive @ 50-100MPH) was 167 Deg F. WooHoo!
    I NOW suggest this very easy(????) conversion. $65. tops
    THANKS for all the help guys, it made me look at everything more closely!!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

I'm probably reading something wrong. When you say you put the IAT sensor in the CAI space, are saying outside the filter?
    How were you reading the IATs that a tech II gave you a different value.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

IAT actually varies some now in transit and highest temp recorded last night (2 hour drive @ 50-100MPH) was 167 Deg F. WooHoo!

I hope you have a blower otherwise that seems HIGH.

I am also interested in how you were getting both IATs

Yeah, that is redic high, especially while moving. Do you have a baffle between the intake filter and the rest of the car or is it just open into the engine bay? If you do have a baffle, make sure the IAT sensor is not touching a piece of metal or something that could be conducting in heat from the engine bay. But even then, that sounds strangely high.

IAT is mounted in air box next before air is filtered. Mounted in grommet to insulate. It has been very hot here in Nor Cal but I have brought air in from below ( fender well area as well). seems high to me also but hadn't heard comps. The Tec 11 -40 reading was telling me I had a fault while guage was not reading correctly!

Still seeing high IAT temps. Looking at relocating in a different area of Baffle/box. Not gonna happen for next couple weeks. All last week in Reno, this week Monterey, next week Pleasanton and regular work on the few off days.
    How about some other comp. temps. from you guys?

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    With my blower and what turns out to be an undersized HE I don't see over 162* worst case. That is in Alabama where it is hotter than two rats f)(&!#% in a wool sock.

I would expect a NA car with a decent CAI to remain within about 20 degrees of ambient in the summer in CA. If you are not sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Having said that I never paid a lot of attention before because the CAI went in with the blower.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.