Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey Guys, Just had a guy bail out on an 8.8 kit that was ready to ship, we were just ...
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship

Hey Guys, Just had a guy bail out on an 8.8 kit that was ready to ship, we were just waiting for the final payment. The customer sold the car so now the kit is available for immediate shipment to someone else. The diff is an iron case with the OEM gear ratio 3.73 and has a Eaton Tru-Track carrier. The axles and drive shaft are also ready to ship, the axles have the upgraded outer CV's already installed which are stronger than the OEM CV's and don't require the greasy nasty job of swapping the OEM CV's on to the new axles (I'll never do that again), the drive shaft is a two piece unit or if you want to wait two weeks it can be substituted for the one piece aluminum version. Same price. The price is $5075 which includes shipping.
    If you have questions, call me. 503-316-1811 Max
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship

Hey, have you guys ever considered doing a kit that allows us to purchase and install a normal TR6060 with its normal tail housing? Improved linkage...better transmission brace...parts commonality...potential shorter driveshaft for improved critical speed and better harmonics...that would probably be a huge seller.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Hey, have you guys ever considered doing a kit that allows us to purchase and install a normal TR6060 with its normal tail housing? Improved linkage...better transmission brace...parts commonality...potential shorter driveshaft for improved critical speed and better harmonics...that would probably be a huge seller.
    That would be an easy one, just need the length of the trans and if the flange is different those dimensions
    maxx@creative-steel.com

If I had that, I would have a TR6060 installed in my car and no need to purchase your kit.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Hey Guys, Just had a guy bail out on an 8.8 kit that was ready to ship, we were just waiting for the final payment. The customer sold the car so now the kit is available for immediate shipment to someone else. The diff is an iron case with the OEM gear ratio 3.73 and has a Eaton Tru-Track carrier. The axles and drive shaft are also ready to ship, the axles have the upgraded outer CV's already installed which are stronger than the OEM CV's and don't require the greasy nasty job of swapping the OEM CV's on to the new axles (I'll never do that again), the drive shaft is a two piece unit or if you want to wait two weeks it can be substituted for the one piece aluminum version. Same price. The price is $5075 which includes shipping.
    If you have questions, call me. 503-316-1811 Max
    Mine!

Nice talking with you Max. I appreciate the time you take to discuss your product.

SOLD, That baby is gone, history and/or unavailable
    philistine likes this.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Max,
    We have talked on the phone about rebuilding my driveline with your flex discs and some various bushings you offer... can I just have you install one of those one-piece aluminum driveshafts? Are they available for the non-V CTS (LY7/5L40E)? And if so, how much does it cost?

It can be done but the shafts for the 8.8 swap will have different ends and length. Bring the car down to Salem, we'll get some measurements, then get a quote for the shaft that will fit your car.
    DavidBoren likes this.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Another question: any chance you'll offer a kit that's compatible with the G-Force 1000 HP axles?

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Is $5075 the normal price or was it a deal given the circumstance?

Another question: any chance you'll offer a kit that's compatible with the G-Force 1000 HP axles?
    I don't see how that would be possible, the G-Force axles are designed to fit in a Getrag diff, that means no fitty in a 8.8 and even if the stubs could be swapped out the axles bars would probably/definitely be the wrong length. The 8.8 is physically larger than the Getrag, which means the axles need to be shorter to mate up with the wheel hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Is $5075 the normal price or was it a deal given the circumstance?
    $5075 for the complete kit with upgraded outer CV's and shipping is the normal price. The "deal" on this kit was that it was ready for shipping right away (straight away, if you're a Brit). In fact the crate is half done and later today we'll see what brown can do for us.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

making a kit to run a tr6060 would be great. many of us have a few miles on our t56 which tend to shift......well rather crappy.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    making a kit to run a tr6060 would be great. many of us have a few miles on our t56 which tend to shift......well rather crappy.
    Yea but a well built T56 can handle a lot of power. The big twin turbo vipers come to mind. Before the 6060 was out, they ran t56 transmissions. I mean how much power do you really want? Either way building for 1000+HP is going to be expensive but I think the vast majority of us are good with a t56 with fresh (and stronger) internals... Unless you are pisnuoff... Then nothing is safe. He could have a transmission made out of the cooled metal from the earth's core and still break it. Lol

I'm not a huge fan of "good enough" with cars but the t56 is good enough for me when it gets rebuilt with better parts. Plus some of that shifting has to do with the way the trans is mounted in the car.

Our T56 can handle about 450 RWTQ before it grenades. The totally TR6060 starts at 600 ft-lbs, which is more than a built T56, but most common modifications push it into the 700-800 ft-lb range, which is totally outside the realm of possibility with the T56.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Our T56 can handle about 450 RWTQ before it grenades. The totally TR6060 starts at 600 ft-lbs, which is more than a built T56, but most common modifications push it into the 700-800 ft-lb range, which is totally outside the realm of possibility with the T56.
    Well tick performance advertised their stage 2 t56 is good to 700rwtq. I agree that the 6060 is the better of the 2 transmissions in all areas. And for guys that need much more that is should be the weapon of choice. But the T56 isn't as bad as people think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.