Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX Yea but a well built T56 can handle a lot of power. The big twin turbo ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Creative Steel 8.8 Kit Available-- Immediate Ship

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea but a well built T56 can handle a lot of power. The big twin turbo vipers come to mind. Before the 6060 was out, they ran t56 transmissions. I mean how much power do you really want? Either way building for 1000+HP is going to be expensive but I think the vast majority of us are good with a t56 with fresh (and stronger) internals... Unless you are pisnuoff... Then nothing is safe. He could have a transmission made out of the cooled metal from the earth's core and still break it. Lol

I'm not a huge fan of "good enough" with cars but the t56 is good enough for me when it gets rebuilt with better parts. Plus some of that shifting has to do with the way the trans is mounted in the car.
    I am speaking in terms of shift quality. My work vehicle had a t6060 version in it and when i would drive that and then jump back into any t56 there was a honest difference.

if power was the main goal, then you just build the best one you like.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I am speaking in terms of shift quality. My work vehicle had a t6060 version in it and when i would drive that and then jump back into any t56 there was a honest difference.

if power was the main goal, then you just build the best one you like.
    Yea the t56 doesn't have the best shifter feel... course that could be 10 year old bushings and stuff as part of that. It is one of the more difficult transmissions to make smooth shifts in that I have driven. And I have driven old top loader truck 4 speeds without using the clutch and stuff. the T56 takes a certain amount of finesse and a certain amount of sledge hammer to get from gear to gear

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Yea the t56 doesn't have the best shifter feel... course that could be 10 year old bushings and stuff as part of that. It is one of the more difficult transmissions to make smooth shifts in that I have driven. And I have driven old top loader truck 4 speeds without using the clutch and stuff. the T56 takes a certain amount of finesse and a certain amount of sledge hammer to get from gear to gear
    It's a $hitbox for shifting. When I drop my drivetrain for a new clutch and this CS 8.8 kit, I plan to replace the bushings. There's a lengthy thread on LS1tech stiffening the slop. Even my old Mustang shifted better except missing 3rd - at least I don't have that problem in the V. Every gear is a fight but I don't miss.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Philistine, Your 8.8 kit shipped the day after you paid for it. I wish I had a tracking number here at home for ya....................ahhhhh crap false alarm, Kristie just told me that she sent you a tracking number. This was one of those times that it's cool to bring the secretary (wife) home with ya evenings and weekends.
    rand49er, Hammar and philistine like this.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

yeah this trans is great for heavy work, but it lacks the easy going, smooth nature of some other manuals i have driven.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Normally I'd agree on the T56 being frustrating, but it's been in the upper 80s and 90s all week and the trans really loves these temps. I wish my transmission always felt this good.

I wonder if a thinner fluid would help us out. I currently have Amsoil in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Normally I'd agree on the T56 being frustrating, but it's been in the upper 80s and 90s all week and the trans really loves these temps. I wish my transmission always felt this good.

I wonder if a thinner fluid would help us out. I currently have Amsoil in it.
    Your shifting might like thinner fluid but your bearings may run dry if it foams from being too thin. I still sear that it is probably the transmission mounting that sags over the course of 'x' years and then causes poor shift feel.

VincentT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Your shifting might like thinner fluid but your bearings may run dry if it foams from being too thin. I still sear that it is probably the transmission mounting that sags over the course of 'x' years and then causes poor shift feel.
    Nah, I just replaced both MM's and put a trans insert in and it's still the same shifting feel for me.

Bewbzout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): S60R / Impala SS

Dont know what some of you guys are smoking but the T56 has been proven to handle 800RWHP in AWD syclones and typhoons. Thats more torque than you will ever be able to put on it using a CTS-V. Unless you were to completely take out the rear subframe, straight axle the car and tub it with slicks.

Not saying the T6060 trans isnt better but for the cost of a T6060 and the cost to install it really puts you in the same range as these magnum T56's. Plus all that time you save you can relax and drink beer.

Oh and on a side note- most of you on here only have hopes and dreams of having the HP to tear a build T56 apart so dont kid yourself.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbzout View Post
    Dont know what some of you guys are smoking but the T56 has been proven to handle 800RWHP in AWD syclones and typhoons. Thats more torque than you will ever be able to put on it using a CTS-V. Unless you were to completely take out the rear subframe, straight axle the car and tub it with slicks.

Not saying the T6060 trans isnt better but for the cost of a T6060 and the cost to install it really puts you in the same range as these magnum T56's. Plus all that time you save you can relax and drink beer.

Oh and on a side note- most of you on here only have hopes and dreams of having the HP to tear a build T56 apart so dont kid yourself.
    The T56 that you're referring to has a different, stronger gear ratio and vastly different shafting than our T56. And guess what? Those upgrades are incompatible with our unique T56.

While you can build a 700 RWTQ T56 if you've got unlimited money, it's cheaper and more effective to buy a transmission that was designed to handle that much torque from the factory.

Bewbzout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): S60R / Impala SS

http://www.rsgear.com/products/trans...tranzilla.aspx

Do you thing the T6060 just drops in? Tuning? Driveshaft? Shifter location in the floor? Converting all the plugs?

Dont forget that you will be lucky to find a stock T6060 unit for less then 1.8k

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The Tranzilla costs $9000--more than double that of a T56 Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbzout View Post
    http://www.rsgear.com/products/trans...tranzilla.aspx

Do you thing the T6060 just drops in? Tuning? Driveshaft? Shifter location in the floor? Converting all the plugs?

Dont forget that you will be lucky to find a stock T6060 unit for less then 1.8k
    Wtf? How are you comparing a T6060 so a trans that cost more than some cars? Duuuuuude, the truth is, the T56 isn't that great. For my application its worth me rebuilding one for cheap, but if i was going huge power it would be new trans all the way

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    The Tranzilla costs $9000--more than double that of a T56 Magnum.
    More like triple... One can get a magnum for like 2800-3000 right? Or am I mistaken?

it isnt just the strength, some people just dont like the shift quality of the t56. the t6060 just does that better in every aspect.

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

I've driven cars with the T6060 and I love it, with that being said, the T56 in my old 03 felt tight and shifted
    great. The car dyno'd just shy of 500rwhp and I beat the hell out of it, the transmission just took the beating and laughed. The
    half shafts in the rear end are another story...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.