P0155 + P0332 OBD codes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, P0155 + P0332 OBD codes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; After a few days out at Summit Point, I threw OBD codes P0155 (02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 ...
    jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

P0155 + P0332 OBD codes

After a few days out at Summit Point, I threw OBD codes P0155 (02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)) and P0332 (Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)) and they keep coming back. I'm trying to think this through before pulling the intake to replace knock sensor 2.

Something tells me this is from a fried wire... but the only damage I can find is months old: to the black loom over the Bank2 Sensor1 O2 extension - the wires inside appear to be fine. I do see some "fresh" melting on my CAGS eliminator but don't think that's related (and I'd have thrown a CAGS code, I think). Does anyone know if either
    1. a bad knock sensor can cause the P0155?
    2. the knock sensor 2 and Bank2 Sensor1 O2 wires run in a common loom? This is what I'm thinking but, like I say, the 02 wires (at least) look fine.

I think the P0155 code is secondary to the P0332 - that's why I'm thinking about "both" before tackling them 1 by 1. Next step for diagnosing P0155 alone is to swap Sensor 1 with Sensor 2 and see if the code moves. I've thrown just P0155 in the past after a day at the track and have been able to clear it and keep it off, no problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: P0155 + P0332 OBD codes

I've noticed that track days eat up my O2 sensors. I'd replace that one and see what happens. It's not that expensive and it's not like you're just throwing parts at it because there is a code for it. There might also be a damaged wire under your intake.

The wires do run together in the engine harness, up the back of the motor (over the bell housing), forward along the driver side fuel rail, across the throttle body, downward near the fuse box, into the fuse box then back across the motor to the PCM inside the driver side front fascia.

You could find the pinouts and wire colors from the service manual and check for opens/shorts from the PCM multiconnectors to the sensor connectors. It takes an engineering degree to follow the manual to the different pages to find all the pinouts and wire colors.

You might find it helpful just to disconnect and reconnect the PCM connectors (with the battery disconnected).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.