revshift subframe bushings installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, revshift subframe bushings installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Sunday I installed my revshift cradle bushings. I ordered the red ones. My gen 2 diff had been leaking really ...
    trucker922 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

revshift subframe bushings installed

Sunday I installed my revshift cradle bushings. I ordered the red ones. My gen 2 diff had been leaking really bad, so I also threw in the gen 4 I had laying around with a red revshift bushing as well.

It is quite time consuming. Getting the stock bushings out was a headache. All I can say is thank god for air tools!! Cut around rubber then knocked the middles out. Word of advice: when cutting the rubber knock out the middles immediately Cuz the stuff gets so hot it will just melt back together. Then cut a slit in the sleeve, and air chiseled em out. The new red bushings proved difficult to install also. Pretty tight fit! Nothing a 2x4 and sledgehammer can't fix.

First off, the gen 4 diff is making a bit more noise than my gen 2. Doesn't really bother me as long as it doesn't blow up! The revshift bushings could also have something todo with it.

What a difference though going from all stock to all revshift. Not only does the car feel tighter, it also feels like my right foot is a little more connected to the rear wheels. I got it sideways today with zero wheel hop. I also purchased the trans mount insert and mm, but still waiting on my headers to come. I'll install those then. If they make as big a difference as the stuff I just installed this car is goona drive like a dream!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

platinum_V is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 platinum Cts-V

Re: revshift subframe bushings installed

Nice! Im glad it got rid of the wheel hop completely. I literally just ordered mine 10mins ago. Got all red, craddle, diff and trailing arms also got the tranny mount. Cant wait to see the difference.

Yeah... I got cheap and didn't order the trailing arm bushings. Probably should've. it's a pretty noticeable difference. As soon as I turned onto main road I could feel the difference. I can't wait till it rains again. That's when I really noticed wheel hop.

nvthev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v
    Wow you pulled the whole thing out! I was thinking of doing that, but I was afraid I wouldn't get it back in right.

Quote Originally Posted by nvthev View Post
    Wow you pulled the whole thing out! I was thinking of doing that, but I was afraid I wouldn't get it back in right.
    Just disconnect brake lines on passenger side, unclip abs sensors, and when u lower it down u can disconnect e brake in the middle. Pretty easy.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Great picture!
    I am glad to hear they worked out for you.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Nice. I am glad to hear they made a noticeable difference. And a positive one, at that. Good job with the install. Post an update after you get to play in the rain.

Im in the process of slowly accumulating all of RevShift's blue bushings for my CTS-Jr. Even the V6 gets a little skippy in the rain. And it rains a lot in Portland. I never track my car, nor will I ever have over 400rwhp, so I figured I do not really need the stiff red ones. That and I am a die-hard MICHIGAN fan, so I avoid red anything whenever possible. Go Blue.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

95A mounts are appropriate for everything except the motor and transmission. No exceptions for driving style or application.

Subframe, differential, trailing arm, and control arm mounts are geared toward controlling low amplitude, high-frequency vibrations. All you're doing with 80A mounts is allowing the subframe to move relative to the car. Since the motor (and by extension, the transmission) is a neverending source of relatively low frequency, high amplitude vibration, only the most dedicated drivers should consider 95A and harder mounts.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    95A mounts are appropriate for everything except the motor and transmission. No exceptions for driving style or application.

Subframe, differential, trailing arm, and control arm mounts are geared toward controlling low amplitude, high-frequency vibrations. All you're doing with 80A mounts is allowing the subframe to move relative to the car. Since the motor (and by extension, the transmission) is a neverending source of relatively low frequency, high amplitude vibration, only the most dedicated drivers should consider 95A and harder mounts.
    Yeah, Im definitely not the level of "dedicated driver" as some on this forum. I do not have a boneyard of shattered 1,000hp axles or anything like that. More of a "spirited" driver... as spirited as I can get in the 3.6L CTS, anyways. And my CTS has 120,000 miles on it, so I think its about time to replace some bushings.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Fuzzy the only exception I would make is that if like me you already have the Spectre Werkes cradle inserts you may not want the 95A.

The combination of a whining diff + Spectre inserts + 95A diff bushing is driving me nuts right now.

I was hoping the SW inserts could stay, but I think I need to get rid of them to stop this noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Fuzzy the only exception I would make is that if like me you already have the Spectre Werkes cradle inserts you may not want the 95A.

The combination of a whining diff + Spectre inserts + 95A diff bushing is driving me nuts right now.

I was hoping the SW inserts could stay, but I think I need to get rid of them to stop this noise.
    You have Delrin inserts. What did you expect? Delrin is comparable to aluminum in terms of hardness. Also, it has virtually no plasticity, meaning that any impact hard enough to deform it will deform it permanently.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Honestly, I was expecting a bit of noise, but thought I could live with it. I was wrong

In hindsight I should have either gone with the 80A Diff bushing or planned on immediately swapping the SW inserts for the RS Bushings. Just throwing my experience out there so that people can avoid my current combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Honestly, I was expecting a bit of noise, but thought I could live with it. I was wrong

In hindsight I should have either gone with the 80A Diff bushing or planned on immediately swapping the SW inserts for the RS Bushings. Just throwing my experience out there so that people can avoid my current combination.
    You should be able to greatly mitigate the noise with two layers of B-Quiet or Dynamat over the rear third of the transmission tunnel (use the hand test with the vehicle running to guide placement) plus one layer of MLV (e.g. Luxury Liner Pro) under the bottom section of the back seat and interposed between the metal plate in the back seat and the foam padding.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I still have UUC Motor/Tranny/Diff mounts plus the RevShift coupler as well as the Spectre inserts. Before the conversion, the only time I had bad diff whine was prior to replacing with a Gen VI diff.
    After that the noise was very subtle but given the performance trade off I was happy...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

You should be able to greatly mitigate the noise with two layers of B-Quiet or Dynamat over the rear third of the transmission tunnel (use the hand test with the vehicle running to guide placement) plus one layer of MLV (e.g. Luxury Liner Pro) under the bottom section of the back seat and interposed between the metal plate in the back seat and the foam padding.
    That's a good suggestion. I have the RS MMs/transmount and Delrin cradle inserts. I get a resonating rattle around that area cruising interstate speeds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.