Twin Turbo Kit for V1
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Twin Turbo Kit for V1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm contemplating doing a twin turbo build for my 04 V and was joking around with my boss about it ...
    Jsmitty02z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Twin Turbo Kit for V1

I'm contemplating doing a twin turbo build for my 04 V and was joking around with my boss about it and he said if there was enough interest he would consider building and selling them. Right now I'm just trying to spark up interest. The guy that is willing to do it has built Supras, twin turbo Vettes and Camaros as well as Twin Turbo TBSS. He's great at what he does and is looking to mass produce something. We're located in the Garland, Plano, Sachse area in Texas. Lets get the discussion flowing! I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks a head of time guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Twin Turbo Kit for V1

You might get considerable interest here.

But, you know what the first question is going to be? "How much?"
    odthetruth likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

yes, there would be interest, but the price has to be significantly lower than a custom fab TT setup, which run from 6500 to 10K, depending on installer. hopefully, volume will allow your builder to offer a competitive price.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    This is an idea that I had and was thinking of in 5yrs or so. That being said I'm not one to pass up a good deal!

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Im in for the right price

Would y'all rather a rear mount setup or in the engine bay. I here there is a significant amount of lag in a rear mount set up. The twin turbo TBSS had them mounted either side of trans so about in the middle of the car. I'm not sure if it is an option but if there is room he can make it work. What's y'all's opinion.

Here's the numbers so far. 700 rwhp capable kit- 7500-8500, up to 1300 rwhp for around 12-15k.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I was contemplating the same thing installing them in place of the Cat converters using the OE manifolds. I wanted to use the Comp oil-less turbos so I would not have to mess with oil lines and return pumps while being able to mount them in any position. The A-Holes gave me the run around and I abandoned the effort and went with an E-Force instead. Twin GT-35's would be bad ass on a LS2/6. The biggest problem is the air cleaners, I thought having the oil-less turbos that can be mounted in any position would be a good way to duct and air filter but I never got there.

Here's one that was custom made and the guy got bored with...going bigger:
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...p-capable.html

What fuel upgrades are you considering to go with your kit?

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28
    Here's the numbers so far. 700 rwhp capable kit- 7500-8500, up to 1300 rwhp for around 12-15k.

Giggity giggity giggity giggity. I'm in. Most likely the lesser one. Would probably take me a good 6 months to save the cash tho

I spoke to him about fuel and size this was his response. "Fuel upgrades are easy, I just have to look at the tank. GT35s are fine, only on 427s. That's a 1100 rwhp capable set of twins. We would do gt30s on the smaller kits. And the entry level kit would have internally gated turbos for cost reasons. Twin MVR gates on the bigger kits. He said its really up to what you want power wise and his you plan on driving the car.

Guys I appreciate the feedback I'm starting to get real excited.
    Thsnks

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I am in Wylie right next to you. What shop are you guys in? There is no way I can get the wife to go for a TT setup but would love to see what you guys have going on!

BDV

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Mounting them where the cats with stock manifolds would be nice, but a lot of people upgrade to Kooks (or headers in general) as one of their first upgrades... and definitely would want to with twin turbos.

I would mount them in place of the factory resonator. That puts them mid-car, like the turbo TBSS, you mentioned. I would still use oil-less, internal wastegate turbos to reduce the overall amount of extra crap that would have to be included in the kit to keep the cost down.

Just my two cents, I dont even have a Vee-car...

But my CTS-Jr has the same exhaust...

Davidboren your right that is a first mod we really werent thinking about. The resonator mid car... I don't think leaves enough space unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V View Post
    I am in Wylie right next to you. What shop are you guys in? There is no way I can get the wife to go for a TT setup but would love to see what you guys have going on!

BDV
    We're actually in Sachse. We're using a friends shop at the moment which is working out perfect. We mainly do fab work for mass producing currently working on new s2k cat backs. But we're really in the business of LS cars. With 25+ years in road racing and custom fab work on camaros corvettes and some mustangs back in the late 90's.

I just talked to him I didn't want to throw out any names until he was ok with it. The guy I work for is Louis Gigliotti formerly from LG Motorsports. He does great work and as just as excited about this as I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.