Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Twin turbo kit for V1

46K views 179 replies 38 participants last post by  silverozv 
#1 ·
I'm contemplating doing a twin turbo build for my 04 V and was joking around with my boss about it and he said if there was enough interest he would consider building and selling them. Right now I'm just trying to spark up interest. The guy that is willing to do it has built Supras, twin turbo Vettes and Camaros as well as Twin Turbo TBSS. He's great at what he does and is looking to mass produce something. We're located in the Garland, Plano, Sachse area in Texas. Lets get the discussion flowing! I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks a head of time guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
I was contemplating the same thing installing them in place of the Cat converters using the OE manifolds. I wanted to use the Comp oil-less turbos so I would not have to mess with oil lines and return pumps while being able to mount them in any position. The A-Holes gave me the run around and I abandoned the effort and went with an E-Force instead. Twin GT-35's would be bad ass on a LS2/6. The biggest problem is the air cleaners, I thought having the oil-less turbos that can be mounted in any position would be a good way to duct and air filter but I never got there.

Here's one that was custom made and the guy got bored with...going bigger:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...-07-cts-v-twin-turbo-kit-900-whp-capable.html

What fuel upgrades are you considering to go with your kit?

#10 ·
I spoke to him about fuel and size this was his response. "Fuel upgrades are easy, I just have to look at the tank. GT35s are fine, only on 427s. That's a 1100 rwhp capable set of twins. We would do gt30s on the smaller kits. And the entry level kit would have internally gated turbos for cost reasons. Twin MVR gates on the bigger kits. He said its really up to what you want power wise and his you plan on driving the car.

Guys I appreciate the feedback I'm starting to get real excited.
Thsnks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Mounting them where the cats with stock manifolds would be nice, but a lot of people upgrade to Kooks (or headers in general) as one of their first upgrades... and definitely would want to with twin turbos.

I would mount them in place of the factory resonator. That puts them mid-car, like the turbo TBSS, you mentioned. I would still use oil-less, internal wastegate turbos to reduce the overall amount of extra crap that would have to be included in the kit to keep the cost down.

Just my two cents, I dont even have a Vee-car...

But my CTS-Jr has the same exhaust... :cool:

#16 ·
I would love to see what you are doing. I have some ideas for some exhaust mods and other things but I am not a fabricator much. Plus don't have the tools in my garage for stuff like that. I work at Firewheel and drive down 78 like everyday. Let me know where you are and I can stop by.

BDV

----------

I just saw that LG motorsports is putting in a place over on 75 close to my parents. I love my car and want to make it a toy for years to come but she is a DD for now and needs to stay civil!

BDV

#22 ·
1,300 hp? What all are you including? I'm assuming that if it's all-inclusive it will include a turbos, piping, intercooler, WGs, BOV, fuel pump(s), lines, rails, injectors, valvesprings, head studs, gaskets, oil pump/chain, pistons, rods, crank, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, diff, half-shafts, boost controller, and a reprogrammed ECU?

Call me skeptical, but it takes, what, 35 psi to get 1,300hp out of a 5.7? (Unless it's 35 degrees out)

#23 ·
VincentT said:
1,300 hp? What all are you including? I'm assuming that if it's all-inclusive it will include a turbos, piping, intercooler, WGs, BOV, fuel pump(s), lines, rails, injectors, valvesprings, head studs, gaskets, oil pump/chain, pistons, rods, crank, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, diff, half-shafts, boost controller, and a reprogrammed ECU?

Call me skeptical, but it takes, what, 35 psi to get 1,300hp out of a 5.7? (Unless it's 35 degrees out)
Call me crazy but I'd say anything past the crank is on you.