Twin Turbo Kit for V1 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Twin Turbo Kit for V1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Using headers with turbos is not the best idea... The stock manifolds work a lot better... Check out all the ...
    CTS-V_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Using headers with turbos is not the best idea... The stock manifolds work a lot better... Check out all the GTO and Camaro turbo builds on ls1tech what do you see them using stock manifolds making big power. You are stepping in a different world from superchargers. Now I wouldn't run a stock exhaust. If you guys are just providing hot & cold side piping, IC, turbos the price needs to be around 5000 IMO... Look at the gto, g8 vette world upp's stepped up and built a affordable turbo kit that is under 6000 for everything you need.

Jsmitty02z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V_07 View Post
    Using headers with turbos is not the best idea... The stock manifolds work a lot better... Check out all the GTO and Camaro turbo builds on ls1tech what do you see them using stock manifolds making big power. You are stepping in a different world from superchargers. Now I wouldn't run a stock exhaust. If you guys are just providing hot & cold side piping, IC, turbos the price needs to be around 5000 IMO... Look at the gto, g8 vette world upp's stepped up and built a affordable turbo kit that is under 6000 for everything you need.
    Thanks for the feedback we will keep this in mind when planning this build. I appreciate the support on stock manifolds.

Jason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I'm interested in a kit also.. Well when I see the price that is lol. I have been planning a turbo build since I got the car but a kit would save me a lot of time.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28

People make 1300HP on stock manifolds. Using a header isn't necessary. Our kit will use stock manifolds therefore you can take your kooks or any aftermarket header and sale them to help with cost of the turbo build. It's a win win for everybody.

Jason

Whoa whoa whoa. I put my kooks on a week ago and now you're telling me I should take them off!!! Lol

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28 View Post

I'm not sure what Edelbrock kit you are referring to but I haven't seen one that produces the same numbers we are expecting.
    You are quite right, it is only proposed to be about 550ish hp...which is enough at this time as this wont be a track car until after I have a certain 2011 coupe in my hands.
    Im still excited to see what you come up with, I just wont be joining in the fun.

VincentT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Twin Turbo Kit for V1

One issue to watch out for is going to be ground clearance. Most of the TT Vs that have the turbos off of the headers have pretty sketchy ground clearance, particularly with the charge pipe coming to the front past the subframe. One possible solution that I've investigated for myself is oval piping. Spintech has good examples of piping as well as transitions. I know the laminar flow of oval piping is completely different from round pipe, but it might be an avenue to investigate.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28 View Post
    The sound of longtubes is irrelevant when turbos are added.
    I would rather hear a turbo spooling and obnoxious BOV. Would the stock exhaust manifold spool faster than long tubes or is that irrelevant?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Used Kooks are easy to sell.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I would rather hear a turbo spooling and obnoxious BOV. Would the stock exhaust manifold spool faster than long tubes or is that irrelevant?
    Yes, they absolutely will. Headers dissipate heat too quickly which only serves to degrade the performance of a turbo. In this case, flow takes a back seat to thermal efficiency.

^ I agree

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    I completely. Disagree flow is absolutely more important than heat. I have headers on my car and I think it is working out just fine as it is the highest hp V1.

If u want to make a kit ppl will want the turbos need to go in the engine bay with no electric scavenger pump to fail.

Thats just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    I completely. Disagree flow is absolutely more important than heat. I have headers on my car and I think it is working out just fine as it is the highest hp V1.

If u want to make a kit ppl will want the turbos need to go in the engine bay with no electric scavenger pump to fail.

Thats just my .02
    LS guys make 1300+ RWHP with truck manifolds all day. Turbo headers are over kill.

Jason

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28

LS guys make 1300+ RWHP with truck manifolds all day. Turbo headers are over kill.

Jason

1300hp. but headers are overkill?
    rand49er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    1300hp. but headers are overkill?
    I'm saying manifolds have been proven to make over 1300rwhp. There is no need for headers it's an expense you can do without. If y'all are worried about the headers you e already purchased put them for sale on here and request stock manifolds back. They'll sale within the day guaranteed.

Jason

However we are still in the design process if the money is right and the customer is willing to work with us we will build a kit to fit what you have.

Jason

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.