Twin Turbo Kit for V1 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Twin Turbo Kit for V1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am with HAMSTAR on this one! Like I said mine is a DD and will be for quite sometime ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Re: Twin Turbo Kit for V1

I am with HAMSTAR on this one! Like I said mine is a DD and will be for quite sometime but I do want more power! I still haven't decided if I am going to stay NA or go FI of some kind. As cool as it would be to have stupid crazy power I love the sleeper effect of our cars and I need it for everyday use. Somewhere around V2 power is more than enough to hold my own with your average car on the road and any more than that and they can tell it is to much to mess with.

That being said, I am still very interested in what can be done and how it all works out. Looking forward to all the info and getting to see the shop.

BDV

Jsmitty02z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V
    Are track record is plenty impressive. Louis built every race car that ever came out of LG Motorsports, the last one in less than 2 months. He has ins with every big name company in the U.S. one being Forced Inductions. The size of our shop has nothing to do with what we can do.

Our main goal is to fab a bolt up Twin kit that will match your power goals. If a stock fuel system is what you want we can work with that. Ultimately we are getting feedback to come up with the best possible outcome for thus build. These kits are going to be capable of certain power whether you want to turn it down or not is your choice.

Again thanks for the feedback. Me and Louis appreciate it.

Jason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    I would be looking to make V2-level power, like 600WHP so that I can retain the stock fuel system, etc., and could keep my stock 4th gen rear end. Anyway, any more than that and I don't understand how street tires could hook. The turbos could give you that and retain relatively reasonable fuel efficiency.

As for price, if it's really a bolt-on, then you could probably stay around Maggie price-range. However, as you are a small shop without a track record, you would have to do better than that, I think.

How are you guys thinking you could make this a true bolt-on kit?
    By bolt on I mean retain stock manifolds turbos with internal gates at the stock cat location it will also use stock exhaust from the turbos back. This will be a kit we send out the shop or installer will be responsible for fuel unless its something yall want us to include. By doing that it will be more expensive.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28 View Post
    Are track record is plenty impressive. Louis built every race car that ever came out of LG Motorsports, the last one in less than 2 months. He has ins with every big name company in the U.S. one being Forced Inductions. The size of our shop has nothing to do with what we can do.

Our main goal is to fab a bolt up Twin kit that will match your power goals. If a stock fuel system is what you want we can work with that. Ultimately we are getting feedback to come up with the best possible outcome for thus build. These kits are going to be capable of certain power whether you want to turn it down or not is your choice.

Again thanks for the feedback. Me and Louis appreciate it.

Jason

Sorry, I was writing to quickly to express myself politely. I am sure you guys have lots of experience and have built many badass cars. I don't know who Louis is, but that's probably because I'm a medical research scientist and don't know that world. What I meant to say is that you may not have the same brand recognition as Magnussen or Edelbrock or whatever. If you want to compete with them, you will have to compete on price if you want to move a lot of units, until reliability is proven by the kind of average joe who buys these cars. We are not all steeped in the race world.

LG Motorsports is the number one distributor for corvette parts in the world. The company was started by Louis' dad Lou Gigliotti There biggest success is the LG Pro Longtube Header that Louis designed and fabricated in the early 2000's. I understand those companies are "bigger names" but in the race world or fab and tuning anything with an LS motor Louis while at LG was the guy to go with. He's veered away from the race aspect of things and just wants to fabricate new products which is why we are getting interest in this new product.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jason

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I really like the thought of the placement of those turbos where the cats are. I have thought about relocating my cats further downstream anyway so that would be cool to take up that space with! Really looking forward to more info!

BDV

For the people interested, I will make a list. Ill get with Louis and get a timeline of things so people can save or what not.

Thanks again everybody

Jason

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    You talk about stock manifolds and stock exhaust...how about those of us with aftermarket such as kooks long tubes...corsa is close to stock so the exhaust shouldnt be an issue

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    So.... 700whp "capable". 6-8k for the kit. Then to get near that 700whp how much more would I have to spend on supporting mods? Excluding clutch, tranny rear end..... Or is that all included? Then I have to pay someone to set it all up... Unless all I need is an afternoon, wrench and 3 sockets. I could do 6-8k and a week of my car in the shop if I can then take my car to the tuner n it puts down 700ish whp. But if I've got to spend another 2-5k on other upgrades to get there I'm a little less interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    You talk about stock manifolds and stock exhaust...how about those of us with aftermarket such as kooks long tubes...corsa is close to stock so the exhaust shouldnt be an issue
    We have put some thought into this. Haven't come up with a solution quiet yet but I will keep y'all posted on this issue.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    So.... 700whp "capable". 6-8k for the kit. Then to get near that 700whp how much more would I have to spend on supporting mods? Excluding clutch, tranny rear end..... Or is that all included? Then I have to pay someone to set it all up... Unless all I need is an afternoon, wrench and 3 sockets. I could do 6-8k and a week of my car in the shop if I can then take my car to the tuner n it puts down 700ish whp. But if I've got to spend another 2-5k on other upgrades to get there I'm a little less interested.
    With any turbo kits, supercharger or and FI set up there are always going to be other upgrades. We would recommend fuel system upgrade with any FI upgrade just like adding nitrous to your car. So the added cost for that is irrelevant because sooner or later it needs to be done. I did talk to Louis, we're not against a full build custom piping, fuel system, oil lines, air to air or air to water intercoolers but that's pushing the cost way up. Like with an APS kit it only includes the turbo kit not any other performance upgrades. We're not against adding to the kit per customer but were trying to keep cost down for the customer. Again this is a kit that is bolt on similar to the APS KIT. We're going to offer different stages of the kit. Our goal is to sale a kit that a customer buys and can enjoy daily driven or make a full blown track car out of it.

Thanks for y'all's time and feedback.

Jason

VincentT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmitty02z28 View Post
    With any turbo kits, supercharger or and FI set up there are always going to be other upgrades. We would recommend fuel system upgrade with any FI upgrade just like adding nitrous to your car. So the added cost for that is irrelevant because sooner or later it needs to be done. I did talk to Louis, we're not against a full build custom piping, fuel system, oil lines, air to air or air to water intercoolers but that's pushing the cost way up. Like with an APS kit it only includes the turbo kit not any other performance upgrades. We're not against adding to the kit per customer but were trying to keep cost down for the customer. Again this is a kit that is bolt on similar to the APS KIT. We're going to offer different stages of the kit. Our goal is to sale a kit that a customer buys and can enjoy daily driven or make a full blown track car out of it.

Thanks for y'all's time and feedback.

Jason
    Now, for me, the true value of a "bolt in" system would be the piping, fuel lines, oil lines and such; and not the turbos, WGs, BOVs, etc. For instance, if you guys knew all of the measurements and angles for piping for fitting a TT system into our cars using GT30's, and you could easily reproduce them, I would be much more interested in just buying the piping if it would fit. I would rather hunt down a set of my own turbos, WGs and everything if the kit cut down on the fab work (not because I don't enjoy fab work; I just don't have the means). You could then tell the customer, "Put 'these' turbos on the flanges, put "X" WGs here on this pre-fabbed fitting, route your charge pipe here..." That's just my take on it though: for me, once the funds are there, the hard part won't be hunting down the hardware. The hard part will be fabbing it up.
    HAMSTAR likes this.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Yeah bring that headers are a very common mod, you may want to look into a setup that peoplecan use them with.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Well said, VincenT

That is a good idea and would cut cost down significantly. However we are trying to supply a whole kit. If you want different turbos you can send us the turbos with the deposit when that time comes and we can match the flanges to the turbos. But the base kit would be made for twin GT30.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.