Twin Turbo Kit for V1 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Twin Turbo Kit for V1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I would love to see what you are doing. I have some ideas for some exhaust mods and other things ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Re: Twin Turbo Kit for V1

I would love to see what you are doing. I have some ideas for some exhaust mods and other things but I am not a fabricator much. Plus don't have the tools in my garage for stuff like that. I work at Firewheel and drive down 78 like everyday. Let me know where you are and I can stop by.

BDV

----------

I just saw that LG motorsports is putting in a place over on 75 close to my parents. I love my car and want to make it a toy for years to come but she is a DD for now and needs to stay civil!

BDV

Jsmitty02z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V
    Yeah we moved from Wylie last year to a temp shop in plano while the new shop is being built. We're working with a close friend in his shop as soon as I get the go ahead ill pm you the address

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cool sounds good! Always like knowing who the car guys are around me! It is even better with the ones who know about my car!

BDV

Louis said if we can get 3-4 cars really interested that we can start planning for this build. I would prefer a little more Interest to help everybody out on cost.

Thanks, Jason

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Very much interested, need a couple months to squirrel away the funds, but definetely in!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Very much interested, need a couple months to squirrel away the funds, but definetely in!
    A build like this will take a little bit of time.

Thanks for the interest

VincentT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

1,300 hp? What all are you including? I'm assuming that if it's all-inclusive it will include a turbos, piping, intercooler, WGs, BOV, fuel pump(s), lines, rails, injectors, valvesprings, head studs, gaskets, oil pump/chain, pistons, rods, crank, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, diff, half-shafts, boost controller, and a reprogrammed ECU?

Call me skeptical, but it takes, what, 35 psi to get 1,300hp out of a 5.7? (Unless it's 35 degrees out)

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentT
    1,300 hp? What all are you including? I'm assuming that if it's all-inclusive it will include a turbos, piping, intercooler, WGs, BOV, fuel pump(s), lines, rails, injectors, valvesprings, head studs, gaskets, oil pump/chain, pistons, rods, crank, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, diff, half-shafts, boost controller, and a reprogrammed ECU?

Call me skeptical, but it takes, what, 35 psi to get 1,300hp out of a 5.7? (Unless it's 35 degrees out)
    Call me crazy but I'd say anything past the crank is on you.

The kit is supplied to the end user. If they want the whole setup- turn key, that's a option, but it's not cheap. Usually, they source everything else, we just build the kit to be capable of that power.

On a 427, with billet 62s, it takes 26 psi to make 1300 rwhp. Definitely a serious combo.

The base kits, up to 800 rwhp, will come with or with out a fuel system upgrade and injectors. The engine can handle 650-700 all day with proper fuel and a good tune.

This might be a silly question but what about a single turbo setup? I know the lag will be more pronounced but is it possible for that to happen? Just wondering.

BDV

Right now we're focused on a twin kit because there aren't as many on the market. If all goes well a single big turbo kit wouldn't be a bad idea in the future.

ONEBADCADDIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Interested as long as price is right instead of doing a custom setup

The more people we get lined up the easier it will be to cut costs.

What price range were y'all hoping for? Be realistic this is a bolt up twin turbo kit capable to whatever power level you have in mind.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I would be looking to make V2-level power, like 600WHP so that I can retain the stock fuel system, etc., and could keep my stock 4th gen rear end. Anyway, any more than that and I don't understand how street tires could hook. The turbos could give you that and retain relatively reasonable fuel efficiency.

As for price, if it's really a bolt-on, then you could probably stay around Maggie price-range. However, as you are a small shop without a track record, you would have to do better than that, I think.

How are you guys thinking you could make this a true bolt-on kit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.