After market cross drilled or slotted rotors for '06 CTS V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, After market cross drilled or slotted rotors for '06 CTS V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just wanted a few suggestions on cross drilled or slotted brake rotors and after market brake pads for my '06 ...
    06VaporTrail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS V

After market cross drilled or slotted rotors for '06 CTS V

Just wanted a few suggestions on cross drilled or slotted brake rotors and after market brake pads for my '06 CTS V. Also where to buy.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjm10626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Re: After market cross drilled or slotted rotors for '06 CTS V

I bought drt slotted only rotors. ive read that slotted and drilled dont help but main went with slotted for looks. im sure others will chime in with more opinions.

http://www.drt-sport.com/drt-rotors

I bought stoptech street performance brake pads. they were about the same as stock. I got them from...
    import replacement parts . com

I will be getting hawk hp+ next to improve the braking. search around there are many options and threads on pad choices. good luck

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I have had pretty decent luck with R1 brake stuff in the past. I plan on getting their slotted rotors for the front and stock replacement rears. Haven't decided on pads yet.

PISNUOFF Guest

Plenty of threads discussing this topic.

Basically, if you aren't too rough on your brakes you can go cross drilled up front. I've broken two drilled fronts on the street. I still have not broken cross drilled rears. Hawk HP+ pads are good on the street and bite harder than stock. Hawk HPS's have less dust but bite less than the stock pads.

vcaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Black Raven CTS-V
    I purchased the gm performance drilled rotors from luke at Lindsay. Had em on the car now for atleast 2 years and not a single issue. Only driven around town with a few hard stops every now and then.

^^^ you haven't had problems... But Pisnuoff is a whole new level of destructive capabilities. I have always heard of people breaking drilled rotors. All my motorcycles came with them. Never had a problem. I even had drilled rotors on a few cars/trucks, only had a problem with one, not going to name the company but it was covered under warranty. But considering the size and attainable velocity with the V I'm gonna get slotted ones and call it a day.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Mine came with the GM performance front and rear, loved them! I just got the "Brakemotive" package and it cannot be beat. Front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and front/rear pads for the price of front rotors everywhere else.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

With respect to protecting your wheels from HP+ brake dust (especially if you have a delicate glossy finish, like the one on the Forgestar F14), I highly recommend Blackfire Crystal Seal. In fact, I recommend this over carnuba wax for the entire car, but if you had to put it in one place, the wheels would be it. Makes removal of that caked-on brake dust much, much easier, and prevents scratching.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I find drilled rotors "ugly" - they look like the brakes have termite damage.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    ^^^ you haven't had problems... But Pisnuoff is a whole new level of destructive capabilities. I have always heard of people breaking drilled rotors. All my motorcycles came with them. Never had a problem. I even had drilled rotors on a few cars/trucks, only had a problem with one, not going to name the company but it was covered under warranty. But considering the size and attainable velocity with the V I'm gonna get slotted ones and call it a day.
    I have a set of slotted only fronts that I used on the track and they have 1" cracks in the solid faces. I wouldn't compare that to any amount of street use though.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I have a set of slotted only fronts that I used on the track and they have 1" cracks in the solid faces. I wouldn't compare that to any amount of street use though.
    Were those GS3000 or GS3500 iron?

Seriously... Wtf? What did you play with as a child? Concrete blocks? How do you break so much stuff??? You cracked slotted rotors? Sheesh... I watch the Le Mans cars run slotted rotors for 24 hours of death racing and they are fine, neck the LMP1 cars run carbon drilled rotors. Did they drop you on Hiroshima or Nagasaki and just blame it on a nuke? lol I love it, someone that breaks more stuff than me. Its a miracle... Or a curse.

PISNUOFF Guest

Those were used for many track days with Carbotech carbon/ceramic pads.

And...my parents owned a concrete construction company while I was growing up.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

I recently put on front slotted DRT rotors, which are made by Centric... haven't had them on the track yet. Hawk HP+ and Motul RBF600 or ATE Type 200 fluid. Track other pads like PFC01.

I have found great prices on pads at www.importrp.com just call...

Those were used for many track days with Carbotech carbon/ceramic pads.

And...my parents owned a concrete construction company while I was growing up.
    LOL damn I CALLED IT! haha. It's good you break all this stuff and I can upgrade all my stuff based on your destructive capabilities.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.