New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

Adjustable Billet Motor Mount w/Poly Urethane Dampener

In the world of competitive motorsports we have learned that every possible configuration of the vehicle must be addressed to maximize performance.

The D3 Billet Motor Mounts are constructed of T6-6061 Billet Aluminum that can withstand over 1200 HP and 1100 FTLB of Torque. Our unique 2pc design also allow for adjustment of the height from OEM Height, OEM -.25” and OEM -.50”

The inner poly-urethane core of the D3 Billet Motor Mount is shielded from heat by design. Additionally the high durometer poly-urethane core works are a dampener thus alleviating any unnecessary vibrations or false “knock” codes.

T6-6061 Billet Aluminum Housing
    High Impact Poly-Urethane Core
    Adjustable Height
    Tested over 1000 HP and FTLB Torque

$695 | USD

For more information about this product or others, please visit http://d3groupinc.com/racing-motor-mounts/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

Are these mouts so expensive because they come with a V2?

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yet another reason why I ignore all of D3's products. Even if those things were platinum plated and engraved with my name on them, I'd still call them too expensive.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I have so got to get on finishing the brackets to install the V2 mounts in our V1's...I could probably sell them for $1200.
    HAMSTAR likes this.

Thank you all for your feedback. We set out to provide a top of the line product without compromise. We designed this product from the ground up relying on our experience and real world results on the track. There are other options on the market that are available to you if this product offering is not suitable for your setup. Our customers grew tired of the other products on the market, studs pulling through, blistering the poly, poor fitment, breaking under heavy load, etc... As inexpensive as some of those options are, if you have to replace it multiple times at a cost, it is simply not worth the money paid. We were very happy with our testing results and our products addressed a need for our customers without the need to constantly replace.

If there are any actual questions regarding the products, we would be more than happy to answer them.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    God, people are ridiculous, they get all happy that revshift offers stuff cheap, then when they get a massive amount of orders and get behind people bitch that they are taking too long. Then they get mad when companies come out for solutions to problems like an 8.8 rear end or a 9.0, saying its too expensive. If you don't like it you can leave it alone. I'm sure there are people who will buy D3's stuff, I won't cuz I'm on a budget too tight for their stuff. But I'm not going to go talk shit about them when they do come up with stuff.

We have a dead platform fellas. This is the second dead modern platform I have owned. And it sucks. When people offer items for it that some have stopped producing don't bitch about the product. That's a sure fire way to make sure our platform dies even faster in the aftermarket.

By the way I'm not directing this at fuzzy or DMM in particular so don't take that the wrong way. It just seems like that is the general consensus when new products come out.

I have seen their work in person at a track and it is top notch. And they run they hell out of their stuff. It may not be cheap but its fast as hell.

Honestly, that's a picture if a V2.

D3 has a habit of making an initial post that seems promising, only to then clarify that the product isn't even offered for the V1. Hence my snarky comment.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

^Yeah, the problem is the majority of these posts are for V2s posted in the V1 forum. The only pics that ever appear are of that one V1 they built which I don't think even has a lot of the parts posted about (wheels, etc).
    DrSpeed likes this.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    God, people are ridiculous, they get all happy that revshift offers stuff cheap, then when they get a massive amount of orders and get behind people bitch that they are taking too long. Then they get mad when companies come out for solutions to problems like an 8.8 rear end or a 9.0, saying its too expensive. If you don't like it you can leave it alone. I'm sure there are people who will buy D3's stuff, I won't cuz I'm on a budget too tight for their stuff. But I'm not going to go talk shit about them when they do come up with stuff.

We have a dead platform fellas. This is the second dead modern platform I have owned. And it sucks. When people offer items for it that some have stopped producing don't bitch about the product. That's a sure fire way to make sure our platform dies even faster in the aftermarket.

By the way I'm not directing this at fuzzy or DMM in particular so don't take that the wrong way. It just seems like that is the general consensus when new products come out.

I have seen their work in person at a track and it is top notch. And they run they hell out of their stuff. It may not be cheap but its fast as hell.
    this man speaks the truth.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Agreed. Crap on the vendors if their products don't work or they don't deliver as advertised.

But if they're overpriced, so what? Don't buy it...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Fine, but is this even offered for the V1???

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Most of their stuff is compatible with the V1 with a certain amount of customization. That's always seems to be the case though. Granted some of their supercharger kits require the V2.

Hello,

Yes this product is built for the V1 application as well as the V2 application. We were able to engineer various components so that it was interchangeable in addition to help lowering the production cost by splitting it across two platforms.

Unfortunately we couldn't get this news out before the comments started filtering in. We changed one of the processes and have been able to actually drive the CNC costs down significantly compared to all of our pre-production units. We expect the MSRP to drop by at least $100 from the current price, if not more. That news might be welcome to those that are actually interested in the product.

On a side note. We understand you guys are passionate about the V. We share that exact same passion with you, if not even more so. We just happen to be on the manufacturing/building side of it. We took our passion to a level that would help build the market and the community and support it with quality products. There are other makes of vehicles that we could have turned to, but we remain focused on the Cadillac brand of vehicle. WE have been a long time supporter of these boards and have seen a lot of companies come and go. Take it for what its worth, over the last few years we have gauged interest in prototype products only to decide not to move it to production as a direct result of posted responses and how it effected the market place.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    HAMSTAR likes this.

^ Thank you! We welcome another good product. As more V1 guys go with big HP turbo setups, there will be a need for this kind of mount.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    ^ Thank you! We welcome another good product. As more V1 guys go with big HP turbo setups, there will be a need for this kind of mount.
    No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.