New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Revshift did not bad mouth or smear anyone in this thread. We merely posted the results that we found from ...
    Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

Revshift did not bad mouth or smear anyone in this thread. We merely posted the results that we found from a quick google images search in response to Max's claim/lie about his urethane never failing.

Revshift does not bash it's competition. Revshift competes with its competition and calls them out on their BS if it is effecting Revshift.

We do have quite a bit of history with Max that goes back to before either of our companies were even making Cadillac parts. We will not post all that drama, though.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

What I got out of this thread:

1. D3 - balls to the wall motor mount, no customer feedback, extremely expensive
    2. CS - early pioneer, early failures, product improvement, stable product, better than OEM
    3. Revshift - extremely reliable, affordable, robust, supply cannot keep up with demand

Revshift likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.
    I broke Revshift mounts in 30 days. I'll send them to you for a set of these. Can you please have to me by the end of next week when I plan on installing the new motor. Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Cad View Post
    Fuzzy you better hope PISNUOFF doesn't read this or he'll be determined to make you "drop a couple of bucks". He might consider it a challenge.
    Haha. Too late. I already broke two of the 'blue' Revshift mounts. I have video of how they are broken, email me if you want to see them.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You claimed that they were rotating, which they're allowed to do. That's not broken.

PISNUOFF Guest

Rotating is absolutely a failure. It's the first step in them completely coming apart. I bet if I left them in for another 30 days they'd be torn into pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Rotating is absolutely a failure. It's the first step in them completely coming apart. I bet if I left them in for another 30 days they'd be torn into pieces.
    You could rotate each motor mount independently from the cast interfacing blocks with the motor mount bolts tightened down and engine weight lifted?

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

False. The bolt rotating does not mean the mount will come apart. The internal flanges prevent the bolt from pulling out the of urethane. Motor mounts do not rotate when installed. Despite that fact, we still sent you new mounts with a new addition to the internal flanges (now on all of our mounts) to prevent the bolt from rotating in the case that you bolt the mount to the brackets off the car and start twisting the brackets like a madman.

PISNUOFF Guest

Fu$& you and your claim that I twisted them like a madman after they were out of the car. Your mounts twisted because the design sucked, plain and simple. I'm glad I didn't want my car back on the road any time soon after your mounts FAILED. It took you well over 8 weeks to replace them.

Awesome customer service!

Fu$& you and your claim that I twisted them like a madman after they were out of the car. Your mounts twisted because the design sucked, plain and simple. I'm glad I didn't want my car back on the road any time soon after your mounts FAILED. It took you well over 8 weeks to replace them.

Awesome customer service!
    So, that sounds like a little infant. They gave you special treatment and you just crapped all over them. Good job.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    So, that sounds like a little infant. They gave you special treatment and you just crapped all over them. Good job.
    Guuuullllp.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Who acted like an infant? Replacing a broken part is not special treatment. that is doing right by your customer. it is also telling that the failure he had was fixed in newer mounts with a better design.

im most circles if someones work lead you to design a better product, you either pay them for their durability time or you reward them with the upgraded part. This supplier just comes out and claims his customer is trying to damage the part intentionally.

I dont know what makes people think this suppliers mounts are incapable of failure?
    HAMSTAR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    im most circles if someones work lead you to design a better product, you either pay them for their durability time or you reward them with the upgraded part.
    On what planet?

This supplier just comes out and claims his customer is trying to damage the part intentionally.
    Revshift's "madman" statement was obviously a joke. The choice of words ("start twisting the brackets like a madman") was a dead giveaway.

On every planet where a supplier values his client and the part has not bee proven. Either they offer a large discount for early adopters, ask to use your vehicle and provide the finalized parts for free to the vehicle owner or they just straight up ask people to beta test something. This extends to various forms of supplier-client relationships. if you are not aware about it then i dont know what to tell you.

claiming that someone tries to use your part outside of its intended use to cause purposeful damage is a joke to no one. if that companies strong suit is making mounts and bushings they should strive to make the best that they can and leave the comments towards their customer to people with time on their hands. this might help to shorten their lead time on parts.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

On every planet where a supplier values his client and the part has not bee proven. Either they offer a large discount for early adopters, ask to use your vehicle and provide the finalized parts for free to the vehicle owner or they just straight up ask people to beta test something. This extends to various forms of supplier-client relationships. if you are not aware about it then i dont know what to tell you.
    You should try this on UUC.

They could care less and it showed.

And thats why when i got my V they were on their way out of the v aftermarket. They didnt do much to care about their customers. The customers stopped caring about them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.