New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

brngrhd likes this.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

That looks familiar and just the reason we set out to build what we built.

This is the sledgehammer we use:

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    Really? Well then by the looks of this picture, you occasionally sell your motor mounts without the urethane.

Attachment 122266

And sometimes with partial urethane.

And sometimes with the custom squish mod.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

This is the first time I have seen a photo of one of our mounts looking like that, for real. I would like to know if there is anyone else that has had this happen. I am CERTAIN that this is a very isolated event, if it wasn't, more of these pictures would be here on the forum. The mount with the sticker is at least a four years old mount and is from the days when we were mislead by the urethane company that we stopped using three years ago. After we switched vendors we warrantied all mounts made with the previous vendors material, what else can ya do.
    Without an analysis, it's impossible to say what when wrong with that urethane. I hope you get as much mileage as you can advertising that one set of bad mounts, one is about all you're going to get. Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon of making our mounts super hard like you and the other guys, it's difficult for a mount to fail when it's too stiff to flex. Taking our low failure rate in to account, I think I would rather make a mount that the average joe can still enjoy driving his car without rattling it apart.
    Enjoy those mounts. Hey, try switching up the back ground in your next photo shoot, it will make this mole hill of a story look more like the mountain that you want people to think it is.

Have a cool day Y'all
    carlson_mn likes this.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    I am CERTAIN that this is a very isolated event, if it wasn't, more of these pictures would be here on the forum.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...installed.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...or-mounts.html

Here is your diff bushing while we are at it

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eeve-slid.html

Would you like to see the only broken set of Revshift mounts? They are an old design for a BMW. What happened was the steel that we used for the internal assembly became tempered from the welding and ended up cracking next to the welds. That one failure caused us to redesign the internal assembly so that the welding does not effect the structural integrity of the metal. We now use a totally different internal design which has proven to be very strong and reliable. Notice that the polyurethane did not fail at all, only the the welded steel.

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Wow, this thread has gotten really interesting!!!!
    I am not buying the D3 mounts because I have some nice blue RS mounts in the garage waiting for my OEM's to go bad which we all know will....HA and they are a perfect match to my trailing arm and Diff bushings that are already blue.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I find it odd that the two manufacturers that are in the "debate", are in a thread originally designed to advertise a third company that is no longer being mentioned????

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    I find it odd that the two manufacturers that are in the "debate", are in a thread originally designed to advertise a third company that is no longer being mentioned????
    You are 100% correct sir, didn't intend to support the highjacking of this thread. This "debate" is more than odd, it is sad.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...installed.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...or-mounts.html

Here is your diff bushing while we are at it

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eeve-slid.html

Would you like to see the only broken set of Revshift mounts? They are an old design for a BMW. What happened was the steel that we used for the internal assembly became tempered from the welding and ended up cracking next to the welds. That one failure caused us to redesign the internal assembly so that the welding does not effect the structural integrity of the metal. We now use a totally different internal design which has proven to be very strong and reliable. Notice that the polyurethane did not fail at all, only the the welded steel.

Just like I have always said, if you want to dis our products you're going to have to go back to the archives for pictures, or keep some 3+ year old mounts around for a new photo shoot. That bushing is a first Gen bushing and that motor mount is at least three years old. Both were of the previous urethane manufacturers material and both have been updated since then. Get with the times, comparing the mounts that you make today to the mounts we made three years ago is a bit skewed. Oh, and a TON of those mounts and bushings are still out there working just fine.

I will try not to contribute to the highjacking of this thread, (disclaimer) unless the poop gets too deep again.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    You are 100% correct sir, didn't intend to support the highjacking of this thread. This "debate" is more than odd, it is sad.
    This isn't a debate. We are tired of seeing lies and false claims being thrown around by other polyurethane "manufacturers". From day one, we set out to inform people about genuine, quality polyurethane. We only want people to know the truth.

We are done here.

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

This isn't a debate. We are tired of seeing lies and false claims being thrown around by other polyurethane "manufacturers". From day one, we set out to inform people about genuine, quality polyurethane. We only want people to know the truth.

We are done here.
    You should spend more time actually getting product out the door then smearing other companies. Fix your own house first !

VscharesV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Yeah no kidding. You make a good product but take forever to get orders out. Stop slamming other company's and make some bushings. CS's customer service has been nothing but A+ when I have dealt with them. Revshift on the other hand, States on their fb page that rear cradle bushings are ready to ship next day. Yet it took 3 weeks to get them...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Awful lot of traffic on multiple sites for a "dead" platform.
    Traffic means nothing when parts arent being made nor people buying things. When I got my v the few people making parts for this car was sad. Common GM parts sure, but things just for the V were always one off custom jobs. Which is fine for those who can afford it. This is also my 2nd platform that had people push hard for many small companies to make one off things for us.

Hey, if he can do that, I won't mind because that'll mean he's got a monstrous CTS-V.
    I think Brian has broken every type of motor mount he has had.

We are done here.
    I think Brian has broken a set of MM/Stock/revshift and maybe UMI motor mounts. he honestly is the greatest asset to the V community when it comes to see what new parts last in a vehicle that actually gets driven like a sports sedan should. Many owners buy parts and their cars spend more time sitting than being driven. This nut job lives in Ohio, snaps axles in Michigan and Connecticut and if i recall breaks other stuff down in florida. I think he has broken an axle from every major player to our vehicle.

If anyone wants to make a product worth its salt and he hasnt installed it, your word honestly means nothing when it comes to reliability. I know 3 v owner who have a similar background like myself ( Brain V1/ another forum member with a red V1 who does suspension work in michigan with a V1 and Brad V2). Those should be who speaks on what company makes reliable parts, not other companies or people who have garage queens.

I also agree, people whop haven't bought a part should stop being negative towards a vendor. Thats how we wind up losing them and that hurts all of us in the long run. parts made in small numbers will fail, its our job to point that out and provide positive criticism to help make the next version better.

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    I just looked at this thread and all I can say is wow.

I know I will not be supporting a company that spends valuable energy smearing other companies designs to sell more product of their own.

Meanwhile ignoring customers and not shipping orders for months on end...

I think u need to get a handle on your business model before you start shit talkin the guy that has been around tge longest helping the v1 guys the most with aftermarket support

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    I think u need to get a handle on your business model before you start shit talkin the guy that has been around tge longest helping the v1 guys the most with aftermarket support
    I think you need to be careful what you say, because there's a lot of history that you're unaware of.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

history or not, you let people make their decisions made by their wallets. mentioning or bad mouth by one company to another does nothing but make both companies looks childish. And why would i want to have childish people build some thing for my vehicle?

it is fully understood that companies are made up of people, but the company should not have a temper to lose in the first place.

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

I think you need to be careful what you say, because there's a lot of history that you're unaware of.
    History or not, don't come and rattle the cage and say how you are here to rid the world of inferior poly but can't fill orders that had money collected for it. Revshift is no model vendor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.