New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; See, you didn't specify how. I'm off to smack my UMI mounts with a sledgehammer. Prepare the wire transfer....
    HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: New Product Alert!! D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

See, you didn't specify how. I'm off to smack my UMI mounts with a sledgehammer. Prepare the wire transfer.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and that is perfectly fine. We are not going to respond to the rest of your post for some pretty obvious reasons.

For those that are interested in the products we offer, please let us know. This will be our last post regarding this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products.
    You don't need to be a dick dude. RND costs a lot, machinery, material, time, and skill. I used to do machine work on cnc machines and I can tell you to do the first widget and get it right costs a lot sometimes. depending on what you ar maachining, there can be several versions revised before you hit the finished product. You already know that I'm sure. The initial cost to produce the first unit probably costs more than 10 of these mounts. The initial machining and rnd can be a bitch. Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    You don't need to be a dick dude. RND costs a lot, machinery, material, time, and skill. I used to do machine work on cnc machines and I can tell you to do the first widget and get it right costs a lot sometimes. depending on what you ar maachining, there can be several versions revised before you hit the finished product. You already know that I'm sure. The initial cost to produce the first unit probably costs more than 10 of these mounts. The initial machining and rnd can be a bitch. Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.
    I absolutely understand that. You missed my point; their line of reasoning was not "we need to recoup our costs ASAP"--it was, paraphrasing, "you need to buy our $700 motor mounts to avoid bolts pulling out and other catastrophic motor mount degradation."

----------

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    See, you didn't specify how. I'm off to smack my UMI mounts with a sledgehammer. Prepare the wire transfer.
    Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone else about the loophole in my statement.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Well this went sideways pretty quickly. I'm with HAMSTAR...the V2 mounts are significantly different than the V1 mounts (they're taller and the top stud is angled 60* or so IIRC) and the add initially looked to be more of an afterthought. If you truly took the time to engineer yet another motor mount for our aging platform my hats off to you! I won't be buying them, but that's not for the price...I can't stand the feel of solid or poly mounts.

Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done. A 4L80E install kit would also be an easy money maker...I bolted one up and it's not too far off from fitting. I truly believe the V1 platform is only an auto trans away from sending many V2's away with their tails tucked.
    RyRidesMotoX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done. A 4L80E install kit would also be an easy money maker...I bolted one up and it's not too far off from fitting. I truly believe the V1 platform is only an auto trans away from sending many V2's away with their tails tucked.
    That's more like it. While I don't like automatic cars, the thought of D3 putting together a functional aerodynamics package to freshen up the nose and side-skirts on this car almost brings a tear to my eye. If they built a bumper that could accept the V2 grilles, I think they'd have a ton of orders.

And we could definitely use a better fueling system. With a nice access door in the back seat so we don't have to fabricate our own or re-seal a metal flap it everytime we want to get in there.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

little less copy/paste action goes a long way to showing you're not just spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Dr. Design...If you really want to cash in on us V1 owners find a way to integrate the V2 fuel system into our platform, which should be quick and easy. I don't have a V2 to swap parts from unfortunately or it would already have been done.
    That is a great idea... D3, if you ever want to try it, I'm only an hour away over near Temecula. I'll drop the car off

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    We have a dead platform fellas. This is the second dead modern platform I have owned. And it sucks. When people offer items for it that some have stopped producing don't bitch about the product. That's a sure fire way to make sure our platform dies even faster in the aftermarket.
    Haha yeah it's a dead platform relatively speaking. I'm in and out of other forums and usually a vendor gets flamed AFTER their proven product fails. Although there are no rules, typically you have to purchase the product in order to give destructive feedback. From my experience forum members request a PM for a "special price" and are not permitted to comment on the product price-wise - because it derails it.

It would have been cool to just read about the product and even better if anyone had any feedback with their experience using it.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Haha yeah it's a dead platform relatively speaking. I'm in and out of other forums and usually a vendor gets flamed AFTER their proven product fails. Although there are no rules, typically you have to purchase the product in order to give destructive feedback. From my experience forum members request a PM for a "special price" and are not permitted to comment on the product price-wise - because it derails it.

It would have been cool to just read about the product and even better if anyone had any feedback with their experience using it.
    Awful lot of traffic on multiple sites for a "dead" platform.

Same thing happened with my Cobalt and I got it in 2010, people already started to not support it when I bought it. We have a limited amount of people marketing stuff towards us. GM doesn't put our motors or transmissions in anything anymore. It more or less is a dead platform. People are going to pick up the new CTS-V and the ATS-V and modify them. There is alot of traffic on the cobalt and sky/solstice also. Hopefully people will continue to support the first Gen but only time will tell. I'm not saying that the stuff isn't too expensive for most people, I'm not saying that it is worth it at all, I'm just saying perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to judge their stuff. I dunno, I'm tired, the baby is jacking up the sleep schedule, and I get home late at night from work everyday... This bs I'm typing is probably not making any sense.

Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

No there isn't. You don't need a solid mount to control even a 1500 HP engine. There perfectly capable and well-made polyurethane and solid mounts available for the CTS-V at between one-third and one-fifth the price of these D3 mounts.

D3 took the issue with the Creative Steel motor mounts and used it to justify their product's $700 asking price while ignoring Revshift and UMI's products. Whenever someone complains about their marketing practices, there's a good chance that they'll try to have that person banned from the forum. Ask me how I know.

My advice is this: try to break Revshift or UMI mounts on a CTS-V1. If you can do it, I'll drop a couple of bucks in the mail to help you buy D3 mounts.
    Fuzzy you better hope PISNUOFF doesn't read this or he'll be determined to make you "drop a couple of bucks". He might consider it a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Cad View Post
    Fuzzy you better hope PISNUOFF doesn't read this or he'll be determined to make you "drop a couple of bucks". He might consider it a challenge.
    Hey, if he can do that, I won't mind because that'll mean he's got a monstrous CTS-V.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Does it cost CS $2500 to make the mounting kit for their 8.8??? Hell no, but it took them a hell of a long time to make it. And that is factored into how much stuff costs. Just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

This is misleading, we don't charge $2500 for a 8.8 "mounting kit". Our "partial kit" is $2550, and it comes with the 8.8 mounting brackets, A NEW DRIVE LINE AND NEW AXLES.
    Thank you, for defending what companies go through in order to bring products for these and other cars to market. There are no "free rides" in any industry, we are all fighting and scratching for every nickle we make.

----------

My advice is try to break a set of Creative Steel mounts in a V1 (V2 coming soon), if you can do it I'll drop new mounts in the mail and a few bucks for your trouble. We've only had a few failures in three years, none from the urethane.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    We've only had a few failures in three years, none from the urethane.
    Really? Well then by the looks of this picture, you occasionally sell your motor mounts without the urethane.

csfail1.jpg

And sometimes with partial urethane.

And sometimes with the custom squish mod.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.