My small review Michelin PSS plus a videos of burnouts in my 06 V NO WHEEL HOP!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andringa
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, My small review Michelin PSS plus a videos of burnouts in my 06 V NO WHEEL HOP! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys just got my Michelin pss 245/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear and want to share my thoughts about them. ...
    ccorde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

My small review Michelin PSS plus a videos of burnouts in my 06 V NO WHEEL HOP!

Hey guys just got my Michelin pss 245/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear and want to share my thoughts about them.

I think this is the best tires i have ever own, handling is very good i gain a ton of grip i have seen .80 + on my G meter Wet traction is very good i step on the gas on a wet road and it was

holding on almost as good as on dry road that WoW me And also 40 does look very good on it, does not make it look to small looks just right.

PS: i bought this tires of tirerack for $1070 with shipping.

Here is some Videos of my 1st burnouts ever a day before i put Michelin pss on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiqhaFRR9uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnB6G...ature=youtu.be

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Re: My small review Michelin PSS plus a videos of burnouts in my 06 V NO WHEEL HOP

Edge of the dells during automotion? Are you the other CTS-V that goes to cruise night at Quaker Steak and Lube?

odthetruth is offline Moderator

Re: My small review Michelin PSS plus a videos of burnouts in my 06 V NO WHEEL HOP

Looked like fun. Nice selection

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    You can push them way past .8g.

I've seen a sustained .98g on the local cloverleaf (big loop at about 78mph) and the meter said 1.16g on the round-about on my way to work (tighter circle at about 35mph).

Not to bad for the first couple weeks with the PSS. I have a feeling they have a even more grip when they get a bit of heat in them.
    odthetruth likes this.

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

They are definitely great tires. I love them on my car (245/45R18). And they are great in the rain too. I can sustain over 1G at the track on these tires. Not bad for a street tire !! Usually .9 on the street doing fun road stuff. They have great control and don't unexpectedly lose grip. I'd recommend them to anybody that's serious about getting real summer tires. My only other tire choice would be Bridgestone RE-11's, but you can't get them for anywhere near the same price as PSS's.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

LOVE my Pilot Super Sports.

Sure hope those vids were done using the soon-to-be-retired, previous set of tires.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ccorde is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yea its edge of the dells but i filmed this 3 days ago, i drive around every night

----------

Yes that was all season Michelin's, went from 40% to nothing in a few burnouts

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

So are you the other V I haven been seeing at QSL?

jsnm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Very nice decision on the tire.
    I am still debating on these,or waiting for the Pilot Sport A/S 3.

pjm10626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

I just ordered a set of 245-45-18 michelin super sports from discount tire direct for $760 shipped to the door.

I am going to put them on this weekend. i hear they are great tires. we will see. great vids look like you had some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pjm10626 View Post
    I just ordered a set of 245-45-18 michelin super sports from discount tire direct for $760 shipped to the door.

I am going to put them on this weekend. i hear they are great tires. we will see. great vids look like you had some fun.
    That is a very good price. How did you get them so cheap? Their website has them at $234 each.

pjm10626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Discounttiredirect.com price matched discountedwheelwharehouse.com , discount tire direct.com was also offering a $70 rebate at the time. either way you should call them if you find a cheaper price and they will beat that price.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....1157&pID=25641

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=245

call them to get them to price match

even without the $70 rebate youre still gonna save a crap load of monies. you can hustle them on the phone for a little extra off and they will try to throw in the road hazard for a cheaper price too. good luck.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, you can go way past .80...

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    You can push them way past .8g.

I've seen a sustained .98g on the local cloverleaf (big loop at about 78mph) and the meter said 1.16g on the round-about on my way to work (tighter circle at about 35mph).

Not to bad for the first couple weeks with the PSS. I have a feeling they have a even more grip when they get a bit of heat in them.
    Getting more comfortable with the PSS, I am now entering the same cloverleaf I mentioned earlier at 75mph and accelerating through the corner. Was at 89mph and 1.08g during the turn and I don't think I've seen the limit of the tire yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.