CTS-V Suspension Tuning - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Suspension Tuning in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I work the drilling rigs, I have a week off at a time so ill manage. Ill figure it out ...
    Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    I work the drilling rigs, I have a week off at a time so ill manage. Ill figure it out when I've got all the parts ready to go. Youre install posts will be invaluable

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Ahhh, i am runnin penske style shocks, that could be the reason behind ur high spring rates.

As i said before, u need a little give so u may shift the weight forwards and backwards...

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Re: CTS-V Suspension Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Which ones?

You (and everybody else here) should know that the KW Variant 3 spring perches run a millimeter or two large. So the Swift springs are going to be a very tight fit and won't rotate until they've broken in around the ring. Apparently, it's a well-known fact to the suspension experts out there, which I didn't pick up on until I tried installing (gasp!) a 60mm thrust sheet on the 60mm KW V3 perch and a 70mm thrust sheet on the 70mm KW V3 perch.

Had to spend 30 minutes dremeling out each set of rings with a grinding tool I bought at Home Depot. A 65mm thrust sheet will work on the back perch, but nobody sells 75mm thrust sheets. So you'll have to dremel at least one set if you want thrust sheets.
    I spent around an hour today hand fitting the 896lb Swift springs to the four KW V3 rear spring perch. Will finish the job tomorrow with the install of the spherical shock mounts.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    I spent around an hour today hand fitting the 896lb Swift springs to the four KW V3 rear spring perch. Will finish the job tomorrow with the install of the spherical shock mounts.
    You probably didn't have to muscle it...just get each spring centered and let the vehicle weight do the rest.

You probably didn't have to muscle it...just get each spring centered and let the vehicle weight do the rest.
    Probably but if I forced it what's the point of the thrust sheets if the spring is binding on the perch. At least now the springs are able to rotate freely within the KW3 spring perches.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    Probably but if I forced it what's the point of the thrust sheets if the spring is binding on the perch. At least now the springs are able to rotate freely within the KW3 spring perches.
    Any driving impressions yet? I'd love to hear what you've got, whether negative or positive.

Any driving impressions yet? I'd love to hear what you've got, whether negative or positive.
    Yeah got a little side tracked today going to hit it hard tomorrow, will keep you informed when job is complete and impressions formed.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

best place to pick up the swift springs and thrust sheets?

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    I just checked their distributor page and went with one of them.

MAPerformance for the springs, FRSport for the thrust sheets. I don't have the receipt with me, but I believe I paid $85 or $80 per spring.
    Sigfod and mackey like this.

Finally finished installing the 896lb Swift springs and spherical RSM. Compression set to minimum, rebound set 3 clicks minus from max setting.

Springs pre-loaded to zero lbs, just to the point of rattle loose. With that setting my ride height is 26.25" from the ground to fender lip.

To get it any lower I was thinking (Big mistake) if it was possible to do a mighty mouse type setup with the mounting plate on top. That should raise the lower control arm to make up the difference of the shorter swift spring and giving greater range of height adjustment (to the lower side).

Putting that aside quick test ride was pretty sweet, I thought it turned pretty quick before, now it seems very tight with very little steering lag. Just point and shoot. The rear feels a little stiffer but not in a bad way just more planted. Overall I would recommend this mod.

Try 5 clicks. Compare it with 3 clicks. Overdoing the rebound dampening is not a good thing--you're unnecessarily limiting the rebound rate of the springs.

Try 5 clicks. Compare it with 3 clicks. Overdoing the rebound dampening is not a good thing--you're unnecessarily limiting the rebound rate of the springs.
    Thanks Fuzzy will back off rebound damping 2 clicks.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

not finding the springs on map

not finding the springs on map
    That's because you have to call them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.