Got Some Headers Cheap!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got Some Headers Cheap! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Remember those SW headers on the classifieds for $800? Well, after much back and forth they are mine for $550 ...
    jmsweetv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Got Some Headers Cheap!

Remember those SW headers on the classifieds for $800? Well, after much back and forth they are mine for $550 shipped!

Now I've read about the 1-7/8 vs. 1-3/4 and came to my own conclusion that for the price it didn't much matter anymore.

What I need help on is what to do post headers...

I live in Indy so no epa crap to deal with and will go with no cats. I want electric cutouts and an x-pipe.

I was thinking b/c I have a local exhaust guy that does good work for cheap I could piece something together.

Some guy I talked to today pointed to a V2 on youtube that was using SLP Bullet 2 mufflers.....so I watched and liked the sound.

Watcha all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    In my opinion SLP isn't worth it being as its so expensive. I have usually found their loudmouth stuff is even more than corsa stuff. if you have a guy that does exhaust work for cheap then just get 2 mufflers off eBay and have him weld up something for you. Mufflers are usually cheaper on their own. I found 2 borla xr1 mufflers on there for like $50 a piece a few months ago but I didnt need em.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Got Some Headers Cheap!

Just do electric cutouts after the headers and before the stock resonated X-pipe. You can open them a little, or a lot.

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

RyRidesMotoX why don't you need those? I may make an offer?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Oh I didn't buy em... I just look at stuff and I seem to remember some on eBay. Just keep your eyes open, there are lots of deals if your patient.

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Oh ok thanks.

jmsweetv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

My plan is no cats, cutouts, off road x pipe, back to ???? Maybe Flowmaster 44s or Magnaflow.

CTS-V_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    I wouldn't use Flowmaster they were on my car when I bought it and it sounds like a old z71 to me. I'm replacing those next. I had kooks muffler pacesetter headers no cats on one of my gto loved the sound just a little loud, magnaflow on the other one sound ok. I'm going Kooks, Borla or Magnaflow mufflers here very soon.

One of my brothers gto had slp full exhaust sounded good at low and mid rpm but high rpm was just to loud to me. Now he is putting kooks mufflers on his. SLP is over priced for what they are. And I know we are not talking about a gto here but you know pretty much same engine/and exhaust setup lol

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Cutouts go after the resonator and before the mufflers. The reason is you give the two banks a connection but then reduce the backpressure so it may give you peak hp.

The idea is sound except for your cat back idea.

Magna is too loud and just crap. Keep the stock resonator and catback, just gut the mufflers a little. This way you are not excessively loud but you have the option to be if you feel like it.

The best think to also do is get a RPM activation switch and connect it to your cutouts so when you get to 3500rpm they open automatically.

I am installing vacuum based actuators for internal baffle control. I will have an electric valve controllin the vacuum. If the valve fails i am quiet, and when i get to 3000rpm it opens the valve releasing the vacuum opening the actuator giving me full power with out any sacrifice to overall power.

Will document it all for you all later...

Dont do it cause it cheap, do it cause its the right thing to do..

So keep stock catback ,
    gut the mufflers
    install cutouts after resonator
    install rpm switch for hands free activation
    and enjoy

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

^i like this idea a lot. Since it's predictable, it could also be tuned for. Really very smart.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.