Another Happy "PISSNUOFF" Shifter Customer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Another Happy "PISSNUOFF" Shifter Customer in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wow. Sorry to create yet another thread about Brian's shifter but got mine in mail yesterday and installed right away. ...
    jmsweetv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Another Happy "PISSNUOFF" Shifter Customer

Wow. Sorry to create yet another thread about Brian's shifter but got mine in mail yesterday and installed right away.
    If there is any newbies just joining and looking for mods I would say this is a must do sooner than later. It does not take an experienced mechanic and if you have a buddy to help then no sweat at all.

My shifter was so bad it was rubbing the retaining plate and creating little plastic shavings on the inside. After installation I love shifting the car. Yeah, it's that good.

Another kudos to Brian. And thanks for the support of our cars and making them better.

Still have hard into first and reverse issue but am slowly researching and will hopefully have that fixed soon.

Thanks Brian (PISSNUOFF)!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Re: Another Happy "PISSNUOFF" Shifter Customer

Brian has definitely developed a great, cost effective way to increase shifter precision and decrease slop and throw.

Quote Originally Posted by robojesus View Post
    Brian has definitely developed a great, cost effective way to increase shifter precision and decrease slop and throw.
    I can't believe how better of a shift it is. One does need a good drill bit...that took me the longest.

PISNUOFF Guest

Thanks. I use to include a new 5/16" drill bit with every shifter but I was told by my boss/accountant/financial planner/fiancé to cut the $6 of cost. Plus, I have to paint all your shifters purple or else I'll have to paint my calipers purple. Sorry.
    ImEpayne likes this.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Ok, I'm going to have to get in on this...I got a Katech shifter that is a POS and makes shifting uneventful. Does my core count? I don't have the OEM.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Ok, I'm going to have to get in on this...I got a Katech shifter that is a POS and makes shifting uneventful. Does my core count? I don't have the OEM.
    You can always try to sell it after to recoup the core charge. If it needs new bushings in the base I can make you some. Although, I believe it uses the stock ones and mine replace them already.

Brian,
    Is it normal for the bushings to not go all the way through (meaning the lips on both sides)? Mine are in 95% but there is a spot on the underneath side that the smaller lip didn't go all the way through. I tried and tried to no avail but did not look like bushings were coming out and the bigger end lips are all the way through.

It only took me 5 minutes to install bushings with help from lots of lube (for the bushings). I still have maybe 1/2 inch play in shifter while in gear but read that is normal? I also didn't like the factory allen head bolt fot the shifter base and wondered if anyone has used a normal bolt with a nut and lock washer?

I must have did something right b/c it shifts awesome and the feel is awesome (thanks for that!).

I will send my core back soon btw.

PISNUOFF Guest

People have used aircraft shoulder bolts but I'm pretty sure they are Allen heads also.

I'm not sure what bushings you are talking about. I assume you mean the UUC polyurethane ones for the outer linkage bars. You'll be fine with how they are.
    The rest of your play is coming from the transmission end of the linkage bars.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    People have used aircraft shoulder bolts but I'm pretty sure they are Allen heads also.

I'm not sure what bushings you are talking about. I assume you mean the UUC polyurethane ones for the outer linkage bars. You'll be fine with how they are.
    The rest of your play is coming from the transmission end of the linkage bars.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I was talking about the UUC for the linkage bars, and glad to hear I am ok there. Well I feel 100% at ease now and putting my V2 knob on tomorrow. Thanks again Brian. Go Buckeyes!

Blown_Red_97z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTSV

where did you get the V2 knob and whats the PN / cost? Looking to do this shifter with the UUC and want to swap to the V2 knob, thanks

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    ^^Luke at Lindsay Cadillac.
    I paid about $104-108 for the leather V2 knob IIRC.

Blown_Red_97z, do yourself a favor and do the shifter....I talked about doing it and waited around and feel like I wasted 2 thousand miles of pure awesome shifting. Get on PISSNUOFF's list now b/c he works off of cores and it may take 3-4 weeks depending but it is worth it.

I know I'm going to get a rash of crap for this but I got my V2 through gmpartsdirect

I did get my bushings from Luke. If you think the V2 is cool then do a search for the Holden shifter boot/knob...good luck finding or winning on ebay.

I tried the old contact for the Holden (can't remember if it was this forum or LS1) with no reply.

Oh well, the V logo will be cool.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Post up pics of your new v2 knob on the car. I would do the pisnuoff shifter over the uuc. I have the uuc and ill be doing the swap.

I think he is saying he wants to use Brian's shifter and the UUC bushings. Brian does not supply the bushings so you have to call Luke and buy the UUC ones for $30. I haven't posted pictures on this forum (or any for that matter), so once I figure that out I will post a picture. If you do a search there are many on hear that have posted pics of both the leather and suede V2

I thinks that's awesome you have 2 Vs. Is one for your wife or significant other?

Blown_Red_97z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTSV

I like the GTO knob, that thing was great. I'm going to try and track one down, if not I'll get the V2. I just ordered the shifter and will get the bushings tomorrow from luke. Can't wait! This shifter is bad lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.