Revshift vs creative steel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift vs creative steel in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys i need to do my motor mounts, tranny mounts, diff bushings etc. Im drawn between going with revshift ...
    mwolfe43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Revshift vs creative steel

Hey guys i need to do my motor mounts, tranny mounts, diff bushings etc. Im drawn between going with revshift or creative steel. I would like to keep all of the parts the same brand unless one item is way better than the other. What should i go with? What are your guys opinion? Also is there any other companies that would be better. Im new to the V world. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VscharesV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    If you want to go with the same company. I would go with revshift so you can do your rear cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings also. But expect a wait.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Revshift vs creative steel

I'll quote what I have said in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift
    We do not like talking about competitors products but in this case I feel it is necessary. There is a huge difference between our mounts and their mounts. There are different types and grades of polyurethane. Unfortunately, a lot of people, including some companies, are not aware of this. Our competitor, the one in question, uses a type of polyurethane adhesive sealant which is similar to urethane windshield caulk. It is not acceptable material to use as mounts or bushings. This is the reason why you hear about their mounts sagging, cracking, and melting.

Our mounts and bushings are made from a high quality polyurethane polymer that is intended for automotive use. We process the raw materials and mold the parts ourselves. Unlike our competitors, we actually know the science behind polymer production. We have sold many sets of CTS-V motor mounts and have not had one single failure to date. There has been one instance where a customer installed the motor mounts without any heat shielding and had an exhaust leak which pointed directly at the motor mount. This resulted in a surface blemish on the motor mount but did not cause a failure. We recommend heat shields as a preventative measure in the case of an exhaust leak or some other kind of abnormal occurrence. We also offer two different choices of hardness. 80A blue and 95A red, the 80A is recommended for street use and daily driving, the 95A is recommended for race applications due to its stiffness.
    We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane bushings and mounts.

There is quite a bit of information in the thread from which I quoted myself. You can read through it here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l-writeup.html

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Redshift! I have all the bushings incl MMs- love em!!

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I still need my stickers Revshift...grrr

mwolfe43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it!

LS6Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I have creative steel motor/trans mounts and I can tell you, the trans mount is coming out. It is too hard and makes a LOT of noise that mimics the sound of a bad input shaft bearing.

I'm going to give the Revshift insert a try on the stock trans mount and see if it works better. If it does, I'll be buying a full set of bushings from them to re-do the entire rear.

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    I have the cs motot mounts and tranny mount. Ant they are holding up just fine on my car at 876/860. What more can u ask for?
    PISNUOFF and HAMSTAR like this.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

There's like a recent trend to badmouth CS, without much justification. Their stuff has been around longer, so it's impossible to compare durability with Revshift like for like.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

LS6Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just pulled my CS trans mount and installed the stocker back in with the Revshift insert. It has completely resolved the noise that has been plaguing my car forever. I've literally replaced the driveshaft (suspecting the carrier bearing) AND had the transmission overhauled with new bearings under warranty (suspecting an input shaft bearing) to chase this noise, and all along it was this POS trans mount. This is all the justification I need. The CS mount looks brand new still, but just felt like crap in the car. No comparison what so ever.

BTW someone can have this doorstop for free (pay shipping) if they want to try it out.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

^^^ Haha yeah the Revshift transmission mount is a pretty crafty design and it works! I cannot comment on the CS stuff because I never used their transmission mount. I did however have the CS motor mounts, wrapped and with heat shields - I didn't notice any difference when I installed the Revshift MM. In fact the CS MMs seen plenty of track days and they were in perfect condition.

I think Revshift hit the nail on the head with replacing the OEM bushings. However, CS does give the community a turn-key 8.8 rear-end with a very decent price. If they had a sale (hint, hint) I would pull the plug and snatch it up instead of pushing it out on my mod list.

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    Your right about the 8.8 kit. It is by far the best mod I have done on my car and worth every penny

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

I'm VERY happy with my CS 8.8 and their mmounts, trans mount, shifter rod bushings, and lower shock bushings. The whole drivetrain feels great!

Mrs.LS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go with Revshift.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

RevShift has a wider selection of bushings, and you can choose what firmness of polyurethane you want. If you want to stick with one company, RevShift is the only way to go because they simply offer more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.