Clutch decision...... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch decision...... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by philistine I have a parts list b/c I'm going this route - it's on my jumpdrive at ...
    brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Re: Clutch decision......

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I have a parts list b/c I'm going this route - it's on my jumpdrive at work. If nobody responds by tomorrow, I'll share my clutch parts list on this thread.
    That would be great if you could do that.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    That is the same combo that I have about to go in...if you can wait a few days/week I can get you confirmation. Trans won't be here until then.
    That's fine I don't NEED one right now it just slips if I'm really out thrashing it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    That is the same combo that I have about to go in...if you can wait a few days/week I can get you confirmation. Trans won't be here until then.
    Did you get it done?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Get a Monster Dual Clutch!!

I'll be putting mine in after next weekend.
    I have a 18lb FW and Monster says this setup weighs less than my previous setup. Less rotating mass....yay!

Plus it looks amazing, and that's all that really counts....

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Monster left such a bad taste in my mouth, I will never use nor recommend them.

To be fair, I used their "puck" clutch and from all the info I could gather, puck clutches will chatter.

NO KIDDING!

Here is what I got for my troubles:

1. Chatter never went away resulting in two sets of rattled apart spark plug wires that fell apart when unplugged.

2. Chatter caused headers to vibrate loose, resulting in leaks and blown header gaskets.

3. Was embarrassing to drive, at least from a stop.

4. Although they were not torn apart, I replaced the motor mounts as I knew they got stressed.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Monster left such a bad taste in my mouth, I will never use nor recommend them.

To be fair, I used their "puck" clutch and from all the info I could gather, puck clutches will chatter.

NO KIDDING!

Here is what I got for my troubles:

1. Chatter never went away resulting in two sets of rattled apart spark plug wires that fell apart when unplugged.

2. Chatter caused headers to vibrate loose, resulting in leaks and blown header gaskets.

3. Was embarrassing to drive, at least from a stop.

4. Although they were not torn apart, I replaced the motor mounts as I knew they got stressed.
    Ya I'm replacing the puck style Stage 3 with the twin. Should be night and day difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Get a Monster Dual Clutch!!

I'll be putting mine in after next weekend.
    I have a 18lb FW and Monster says this setup weighs less than my previous setup. Less rotating mass....yay!

Plus it looks amazing, and that's all that really counts....

Yeah I have looked at them but read to many bad things about monster to use one....... Granted I have heard lots of good things too but......

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Ya I'm replacing the puck style Stage 3 with the twin. Should be night and day difference.
    I went with the LS9 and it feels like stock.

The chatter was so bad with the Monster I couldn't wait to yank it, after giving it a year to "break in".

Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V

I have a Mcleod twin RXT....U need to get THEIR slave with their self adjusting ring...Their slave came with a long self bleeder..cost $540.00 just for slave to make an RXT work... Call them.....

ps: I think the Mcleod was a waste of $$$$$. The clutch chatters badly...I have to start off in 2nd. gear.......Thinking about getting again the KATECH CLUTCH......

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O. View Post
    I have a Mcleod twin RXT....U need to get THEIR slave with their self adjusting ring...Their slave came with a long self bleeder..cost $540.00 just for slave to make an RXT work... Call them.....

ps: I think the Mcleod was a waste of $$$$$. The clutch chatters badly...I have to start off in 2nd. gear.......Thinking about getting again the KATECH CLUTCH......
    I think there are different outcomes with the McLeod RXT (and RST). I was leaning towards the McLeod RST but changed directions and thinking the LS9 Katech clutch. It has more to do with street drive-ability and the prices are not so much different.

D-RoKK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have a monster s3 in mine and they are literally 15 minutes from my house. I havent had any problems except for a little chatter but it isnt horrid. And I have the 18lb flywheel as well

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg O.

I have the same clutch. Got a slave and bleeder from O'Reilly's was like $100. My clutch chattered a bit at first. But now not really. Not sure if its my driving or the clutch. I will say though it likes to grab so there isn't much feathering the clutch. You want it in or out... I wouldn't call mine a waste of money at all.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O. View Post

I love the guys that create a new account to trash a product. Fortunately, it's easy enough to match you to your similarly amusing tales of woe on LS1Tech.

I'm sorry that you don't know how to install a clutch and wasted $550 on a premium slave trying to rectify the fact that you or your mechanic can't assemble the clutch OR install an engine OR wield a torque wrench. But that's no reason to try to potentially mislead other CTS-V owners.

The McLeod RXT is a spectacular clutch. I've been running it for about 500 miles now, and while it will certainly give me a touch of chatter in the first one or two engagements given just the right combination of temperature and humidity, that's an unavoidable characteristic of twin disc clutches that you either need to learn to accept, or plan on never exceeding 650 RWHP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.