Corvette Aftermarket Shifter on a V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corvette Aftermarket Shifter on a V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Will a Corvette aftermarket shifter fit onto our cars? I can get one cheap. Thanks Pete...
    phoff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Corvette Aftermarket Shifter on a V

Will a Corvette aftermarket shifter fit onto our cars? I can get one cheap.

Thanks

Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fej
    fej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
    I am not going to say no with 100% certainty, but i am pretty sure it will not work. Pisnuoff's here on the forum gets very high marks and there are Katech and UUC options as well.

G'luck
    Fej

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: Corvette Aftermarket Shifter on a V

It's been made to work before, so yes, it will work. Don't remember how much work was required though.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    It's been made to work before, so yes, it will work. Don't remember how much work was required though.
    I have never heard of it being done.

The connection to the linkage is completely different. Unless you have a machine shop and do the work yourself I can't see how it would cost less than $500 to adapt one to a V.

DMM

It was the V owner that bought a totaled (rolled) V and made it a track car. He did a 5 lug conversion using Corvette hubs and rotors, BMW wheels, Pro-Charger using Corvette brackets, and he took an OE Corvette shifter and disassembled it and the V shifter and grafted the Corvette shifter into the OE V assembly. He reported it worked well and shortened the throw a decent amount, however it was never compared to an actual short throw shifter. He built the car with spare parts. It was a long time ago, and I don't remember who it was, but I remember the thread.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

That was NormV if I remember correctly. He had a massively long thred about all the stuff he had done to the car. I have gone back to almost all of the 200 and something pages of posts and read over the past few years of posts. Crazy how the mods have changed through them too as guys have had the cars longer and mods have increased.

BDV

DMM

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V View Post
    That was NormV if I remember correctly. He had a massively long thred about all the stuff he had done to the car. I have gone back to almost all of the 200 and something pages of posts and read over the past few years of posts. Crazy how the mods have changed through them too as guys have had the cars longer and mods have increased.

BDV
    All 200+ pages? Is somebody on house arrest?

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Hehehe not house arrest but when I found the forums I couldn't get enough of the info so I just kept going and looking at all the things that those before me tried and what worked and what didn't. I still go back and look at things for reference but hey why not learn from others mistakes or triumphs!

Lots of great info on all sorts of stuff I never would have thought of.

BDV

PISNUOFF Guest

Ahhhh yes, I know Norm. I forgot he did that and I wouldn't consider what he did something that most people could do. He lives and works near me. We've met several times but that was before I started modifying shifters. We went to a few track days.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

phoff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for the info.

Just bought an InfraRed 07 V with only 1,900 miles. Still had the window sticker on the car. Looking at all the upgraded shifter options. Leaning towards UUC.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by phoff
    Thanks for the info.

Just bought an InfraRed 07 V with only 1,900 miles. Still had the window sticker on the car. Looking at all the upgraded shifter options. Leaning towards UUC.
    GTFO Where the hell did u find that?? I will Trade you mu V it Has All the mods done.. it will save u time and Money..lol Great find

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Post up some pics of that v. Must look great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.