Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Time to mod/fix.....

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  brngrhd 
#1 ·
So after buying my V I joined the forum and have been reading hours a day, everyday..... The car is an 04 43k, Maggie, borla, diff is a 3rd gen.

Well the car threw a P0420 code so the cats are shot, the clutch is giving me fits (slipping on quick shifts), dual mass rattles, crank pulley wobbles a bit. Here is my plan so attack. I am on a bit of a budget

Headers no cats: OBX I understand the fitment issues are possible

Crank pulley: I have a call in to Jegs about their 10% OD pulley or will be going with the IW

The clutch has me thinking a bit more i know lots of people use the LS7 unit but IDK if I'm sold on it for these heavy cars paired with a blower..... Mcleod twin disc? Other clutch options? Want something that drives nice holds and won't break the bank.

Motor mounts and trans mount: RS CS or UUC?

Shifter: pissin

Input good or bad pease.

See less See more
#3 ·
I only have experience with the LS9R setup with near stock power levels, but really like it. Like stock driveability with faster revs and less weight.

#5 ·
I don't think that the LS7 clutch would be a good match for your current/future mods. I don't have any personal experience with it but I would assume that a maggie/headers LS6 is getting close to the HP limit that most people would suggest running the LS7 clutch with.

#8 ·
I'm running an LS7 clutch with the mp112 and 2.6 drive pulley 465rwhp/460rwtq and i have absolutely no slipping issues, car drives great.

#9 ·
I'm thinking about holding off on headers...... not because of money, my budget is $3000, but because I don't want to hassle with wrapping and melting wires etc etc etc. I think it will be clutch, 10% OD lower pulley, 2.6 upper, and a tune. Thoughts?

So clutch is the biggest question...... spend the extra coin on a twin disc or try the ls7 unit?

#10 ·
LOVE my twin disk! LS9 kit is pricey, no doubt ... not sure of the cost of the Mcleod.

And, as much as I love HAMSTAR, headers really do allow an LS6 to exhale especially with an OD crank pulley. Get some steel ones to save some significant bucks. They'll easily last five or more years, I'd suppose.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
A lot of people with maggies go one step colder than stock. I stuck with the stock style plugs, they work fine.

Reactions: rand49er
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.