Time to step up the Brake Game - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Time to step up the Brake Game in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by OneFast V Honestly I'm not sure. But I could measure from the mounting bolt to the outer ...
    Chirpin4th is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Time to step up the Brake Game

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure. But I could measure from the mounting bolt to the outer edge if the caliper if you need the measurement. Or from the center of the wheel to the farthest piece out.
    either one would be perfect. Thanks!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    Are the stock rear calipers adequate or should those be stepped up as well?
    They are the same from V1 to V2...

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    Are the stock rear calipers adequate or should those be stepped up as well?
    V2 runs the same rear calipers. So if you wanted to upgrade you would have to figure something else out. Either way the stock rears are more than adequate in my opinion.

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Just ordered yellow ones too. I will be stripping them and PCing them red. GM Yellow new are $320ea. The red ones are $700+ ea. I can have a lot of powder coating done for that. Going to crossdrilledbrakes.com for Rotors and Pads but will be getting Track Pads and OE 2pc Hat/Rotors later.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

That looks plain amazing!

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I did the same thing, i also noticed ppl are not having a good time with the DTC-30 so i ordered the dtc-60 from Hawk.

I am using HPS for daily driver, and for track i will use the dtc-60.

Nice setup, if you want to save a few more bucks but the G2 expoxy paint. You can paint it right on the car, but you lose the V badge.

I just bought the whole kit from Luke and he took care of all the odds and ends i will use as well...

If you are lookin to track then you should have just gotten slotted discs, cross-drilled crack under pressure, Doesnt matter who made them...

vms4evr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

The DTC-60 are nice. I've used the DTC-70 front and DTC-60 on my track car and they work great. With one exception. DTCs eat rotors quickly. I had 2 piece Wilwoods on front 6-piston Wilwoods. Rotors gone in a few weekends. Went back to running Carbotech pads and same braking but rotors last twice as long. Considering those rings are costing me $200 a corner. I want my rotors to last longer than my pads ;-)

Take a look at Carbotechs. Good outfit and product. Competitive price with Hawks. If you try them to match a DTC-70/60 setup. I'd say try XP16/XP12 or to go a bit easier and cost effective try a XP12/XP10 combo.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i found the pad pn for my setup, but no one seems to have them available yet...

Where do you buy carbotech CT1405-xp12 and CT1053-xp12?

I dont know why the rears for the 04-07 and 09-12 are different pads, the calipers are the same...

vms4evr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

For an 09-12 the numbers you have is correct. For an 04-07 you want F: CT1001A and R: CT592.

Either way. Call and order direct from Carbotech. It's the easiest way to do it. I've worked with them for 6+ years along with a lot of track rats over on CF (vette forum). They're good. Tell them you're on CF and ask for discount. It's 3-7%. Not much I know. LS1Tech gets a discount too.

Same caliper front and rear and same part? Oh I wish. That would let you swap front/rear to balance out wear. That would be cool. I go through front pads like s@#t through a goose... ;-)

Haven't tracked a V, yet... will have a 1st Gen by end of month. On the C5 they tend to be more consistent using a staggered pad setup. I've used XP20/XP12, XP16/XP12, XP12/XP10, XP10/XP8. I've gone through a lot of sets of the 12/10 and like that overall. It's not that you can't run a square setup. I've done it when I had leftover pads and just needed a set for some open track time.

Just as a reference. I've used lots of Hawk DTC for track and HP+ for autocross. Then Carbotech Bobcats for street (and my truck for towing the Vette), their AX for autocross, and XP for track. The XP have a very linear progressive feel to me. The DTC tends to be a bit more aggressive and more like an on/off switch. They are not as easy to modulate under threshold and trail braking. I was getting into lockup faster with them. Either pad is a good choice and capable of overwhelming even fresh Hoosiers so the stopping power is there.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Those look badass!!!

Just to make sure......these *edit calipers *edit(after drilling out the mounting holes on the caliper mount) will directly fit onto our factory size rotors? You just need the mounting screws, and new pads to fit the calipers?

I wonder if they'd fit under my Forgestar F14s?

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Those look badass!!!

Just to make sure......these rotors (after drilling out the mounting holes on the caliper mount) will directly fit onto our factory size rotors? You just need the mounting screws, and new pads to fit the calipers?

I wonder if they'd fit under my Forgestar F14s?
    I think you mean the caliper will fit onto the factory rotor? If so, the answer is yes.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    I think you mean the caliper will fit onto the factory rotor? If so, the answer is yes.
    Yes that is what I meant. Whoopsie

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Yes that is what I meant. Whoopsie
    If you look on the first page of this thread and my thread over on LS1tech you can see all the photos I took of the pv2 caliper with the V1 rotor. I have been using it for a while now and it works great.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Nicely done! Looks much better and for the price you can't argue it!

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

For these calipers to work on a V1, would we need a 19" wheel setup, or do the 18" wheels allow just enough clearance for this
    application?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.