Tuner specced me a cam-- what'll she make? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Tuner specced me a cam-- what'll she make? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The sound is a deep bass note. I can't hear it in my laptop speakers, I have to put on ...
    HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Tuner specced me a cam-- what'll she make?

The sound is a deep bass note. I can't hear it in my laptop speakers, I have to put on headphones. But yes, it is WAY more civilized than I thought it would be, and perfect for me. The stock resonated x pipe really keeps the rasp down. It really fits the character of the car.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I have been running cam specs in my head for a year since I bought the car and when I do it I am thinking about going 220/224 with a 114 lsa and under 600 lift like maybe 580 or so. Want to keep it quiet and calm and keep the semi sleeper thing going. Looking at a lot of the texas speed cams is wwhere I got my numbers and reading reviews of what others have done. I want more than stock but not nuts! Yours was nice and look forward to your numbers!

BDV

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Hamstar how is the power curve compared to stock? Ups and downs compared to... ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    Hamstar how is the power curve compared to stock? Ups and downs compared to... ? Thanks
    This is tentative as it's not been dyno tuned yet, only street tuned. This is really a mid range and top end cam. My driving style so far has been to rely on bottom end torque, so I am relearning my style. It is aboit the same frlm 2k RPM, starts breakif from stok at 3k, then screams from 4K and up.

My tuner has said this cam needs air and he wasn't kidding. I felt a noticeable gain after I swapped out the stock intake tube for 4 inch. We are expecting a big gain once I get a FAST 102.

Due to the overlap, cruising in a low gear with idle revs doesn't work well any more. If you creep around in cities, this is a consideration.
    carlson_mn likes this.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Thanks dude. Yeah I'm cruising in the cities all the time as my DD so I like to hear from people that go with another style of cam. I definitely enjoy cruising in that 1200-1500rpm range smoothly so I think I really enjoy the stock cam.

Blown_Red_97z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTSV
    I really like the sound seems nice and calm. Does it buck if your rpm is too low? Stock you can basically let the car drive itself with no gas. My last gto had a large hpe s2 cam that hated low rpm. How's your car with that cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z View Post
    I really like the sound seems nice and calm. Does it buck if your rpm is too low? Stock you can basically let the car drive itself with no gas. My last gto had a large hpe s2 cam that hated low rpm. How's your car with that cam?
    Yes, but the bucking is very slight. Nothing like my friend's car, which has a MS4 style cam.

Honestly, the sound is really down to the exhaust. Right now, it's a little loud for me. I may go back to stock muffs and add e cutouts.

Dyno today. Peak 403/371, SAE corrected. Broad, flat, torque curve, just like I wanted.

Lessons from dyno run: Low pressure in intake plenum tells us she needs a FAST. That will be next. Clutch is slipping-- LS7 with lightweight flywheel will happen sooner rather than later (before the FAST). I look forward to being able to wind her up faster.

brngrhd likes this.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Iwas just thinking to myself today that I hadn't seen any numbers yet! Good timing and great numbers! I can't wait till I get to do mine! I bet your MPGs go down a little bit now! Hehehe!

BDV

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Congrats my man! I hope you enjoy driving it. We have got to get a MD/VA meet together soon! I was pretty close at 390/380 BTW...

I just took my flywheel/clutch out for the McLeod RXT. I don't know what flywheel it is but it's lightweight aluminum with replaceable friction surface and set up as a direct replacement for the dual mass to reinstall everything with the OE slave cylinder. Pretty sure you want to go new with the LS7 everything, but thought I'd throw it out there if you have a pain in your right rear hip pocket area from all the mods you just had done.

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Congrats my man! I hope you enjoy driving it. We have got to get a MD/VA meet together soon! I was pretty close at 390/380 BTW...

I just took my flywheel/clutch out for the McLeod RXT. I don't know what flywheel it is but it's lightweight aluminum with replaceable friction surface and set up as a direct replacement for the dual mass to reinstall everything with the OE slave cylinder. Pretty sure you want to go new with the LS7 everything, but thought I'd throw it out there if you have a pain in your right rear hip pocket area from all the mods you just had done.
    Thanks, man, I appreciate the offer. Yeah, I'd like to go with a new everything LS7 setup...

Absolutely on the VA/MD meet. Any dates that work for you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.