2006 clutch replacement, which slave?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2006 clutch replacement, which slave? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm installing a McLeod RST with their flywheel and did a little checking and found out there is a check ...
    onestout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville

2006 clutch replacement, which slave?

I'm installing a McLeod RST with their flywheel and did a little checking and found out there is a check valve in the slave. WTF?? What slave is recommended for high performance use/high speed shifting? The slave from my C5 has the same bolt pattern, would one of these work? Are there any other restrictions/weak points that need to be eliminated in the hydraulic system? I just got the kinks worked out on the vet so it's time to start breaking stuff on the caddy I guess, anybody with an F series procharger for the caddy out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2006 clutch replacement, which slave?

It sounds like I need the LS7 slave from a C6. Does anyone know of any other restrictions in this hydraulic system?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have not done a clutch swap yet, so I can only point to what others have said:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...utch-swap.html

I think your choices are the CTS-V stock slave plus a spacer, or an LS7 slave. Of the two choices, the latter appears to be lower cost and perhaps less trouble.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...utch-swap.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-kit-luke.html

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I plan on installing the same clutch on my '04 - soon. I plan on using either the OEM LS7 slave cylinder or equivalent. I believe some have used the O'Reilly PowerTorque with great success part no. CS2529.

I'm sure others will chime in sharing actual results.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

Dorman CS650129 supercedes PowerTorque CS2529

http://ls1tech.com/forums/17355154-post32.html

as of this posting it's $78 + ship from summit

i'm wondering if it's worth breaking the tranny apart to just install the slave (and remote tick bleeder) since my clutch is fine.

summit is cheaper but the ship date is June 13, this usually means that they don't have them and I wouldn't wait for them to get any. For now I'm going to put it back together with the stock slave.

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Searching for slaves for my McLeod twin and keep coming up with cs2529 which is no longer available then that leads me to cs650129 which is also no longer available..... On rock auto I found cs650163..... Anyone think this one will work LOL?

Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V

You need Mcleod's slave.. It is very heavy duty.I just took my twin RXT out a few days ago because of a bad pilot bearing. now a disc needs to be rebuilt or replaced...Mcleod usally has a yearly sale and regular price was $580.oo for slave and remote bleeder..It work awesome...but some ahole put in the wrong pilot bearing and caused it to need a rebuild...U should call Mcleod....and see what the part # is and price and availablility..I can sell u my bearing, that has just 800miles on her for half the price or the entire clutch.....good luck..That clutch will hold up to 1000hp.....Takes a while to getting used to....Take off in second is perfect..Toooooo much chatter in first ..great clutch.....again good luck on the clutch......GREG O. / RADARB8
    ps: my Mcleod slave is at the shop, but if there is a part# on her I will tell u what I got and if u are interested I can phone text u pics...

I have the RST hope it doesn't chatter..... I got I this because everyone said I could use then ls7 slave..... I'm NOT spending $580 on a slave, I will return it and buy the ls9x clutch from katech. Anyone verify this?

Bump for people with RST/RXT what did you use for a slave? And don't just say "ls7" can I get a part number or place you got it from.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.