Who has the best slotted rotor for street and track day use? Any holiday sales?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Who has the best slotted rotor for street and track day use? Any holiday sales? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm about to turn 50k miles and was planning to put new rotors on at least the front before any ...
    JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Who has the best slotted rotor for street and track day use? Any holiday sales?

I'm about to turn 50k miles and was planning to put new rotors on at least the front before any track days this year, and it looks as if I'm doing that sooner since they failed state inspection yesterday just barely being under, but under is under and they're grooved pretty badly too (why I wanted new rotors before putting any track pads in again).

Is there a 2-piece rotor out there that doesn't break the bank? I can't believe the price jump between 1-piece and 2-piece...even the ones that Luke is selling for around $700. I just can't justify it.

I found Stoptech / Centric / Power Slot whoever is actually the manufaturer since they all seem to be one company now... TireRack has them for $117 each and probably find them a few bucks less on Amazon or eBay. Anyone running them? How are they holding up to track use? mileage you're getting out of them?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...05&autoModClar=

I have 2 weeks to get the car back to the state inspection place showing the new rotors or I'll have to re-pay to have it inspected again.

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

Re: Who has the best slotted rotor for street and track day use? Any holiday sales?

I love these EBC's, they made me enjoy braking almost as much as accelerating.

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3068A0A0.aspx

JDB

Re: Who has the best slotted rotor for street and track day use? Any holiday sales?

Thanks for the advise and link... I ended up calling them and they offered the Stoptech slotted rotors for $200 shipped and I bought them.

I guess we're the only ones who have bought something between stock and $$$$ 2-piece.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Thanks for the advise and link... I ended up calling them and they offered the Stoptech slotted rotors for $200 shipped and I bought them.

I guess we're the only ones who have bought something between stock and $$$$ 2-piece.
    A lot of people have purchased the brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors over on lstech.

Rollbar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04- V with 6.2 L

BRAKE PERFORMANCE has decent 1 piece slotted for approx. $165 per axle set.I've been using these rotors with aggressive Carbotech pads(XP20) for track use.Carbotech also has less aggressive but similar compound pads for street use so rotors hold the same pad material for track and street use.Mixing pad compounds on 1 rotor is not ideal.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    A lot of people have purchased the brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors over on lstech.
    I didn't include them in my options since I don't want drilled rotors. I've seen too many cracks at holes (not BrakeMotive) of rotors that I don't want them. Slotted is perfect.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I didn't include them in my options since I don't want drilled rotors. I've seen too many cracks at holes (not BrakeMotive) of rotors that I don't want them. Slotted is perfect.
    They offer slotted only from my recollection. Either way I have 3 track days on my drilled+slotted rotors and gone through 2 sets of pads and no indications of cracks on the drilled holes yet...

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I'm partial to the DRT slotted rotors. GS3500 metallurgy FTW.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I'm partial to the DRT slotted rotors. GS3500 metallurgy FTW.
    That's the other name that I couldn't think of that I read on the forums.... they are the same rotors that Stoptech sells. DRT rotors are made by Centric who is the parent company of Stoptech.

Note the title of the DRT rotors... "Centric" : http://www.drt-sport.com/catalog/6592

r1concepts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding brakes. We are vendors on this site as well.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding brakes. We are vendors on this site as well.
    Who makes the "Premium" rotors that you sell?

They appear to also be Centric and the same rotors.

JDB

Quote Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
    I just left you a VM on the phone number listed in your sig. AA doesn't stock them so they haven't shipped yet. If your rotors are the same and can match their price, I'll cancel my order with AA and buy from you.

JDB

I ended up canceling my order with AA since they couldn't get the rotors until 6/19 and DRT Sport called me back this afternoon to say they can get them to me next week. Done. I don't mind paying $8 to get them sooner.

Sorry R1Concepts but you couldn't even come close to pricing even with your 15% off holiday sale.

FYI...all 3 sell/start with Centric blanks and therefore are selling the same rotors.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I ended up canceling my order with AA since they couldn't get the rotors until 6/19 and DRT Sport called me back this afternoon to say they can get them to me next week. Done. I don't mind paying $8 to get them sooner.

Sorry R1Concepts but you couldn't even come close to pricing even with your 15% off holiday sale.

FYI...all 3 sell/start with Centric blanks and therefore are selling the same rotors.
    You'll like DRT. I love my rotors. As I recall, they were Johnny on the spot with shipping. Stock rear rotor vs. DRT rear rotor:

JDB

Thanks. I spoke with DRT and they get the blanks from Centric and then they add the slots.

Did you get the normal rotors or get them cryo treated? +$90 seems cheap to do this for the pair, but it's half the price of a new pair of rotors. If they truly do last twice as long and hold up better, worth it but if track abuse and track pads are going to wear down rotors fast anyway...probably just might as well save the $90 and just buy another set of $207.90 rotors.

Did you happen to weigh the 2 rotors? Seems if they're about the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.